70 year old motorcyclist killed by flying turkey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70 year old motorcyclist killed by flying turkey

Authorities said the turkey flew across a road in Oakland Township, MI, and hit the man so hard in the chest that he crashed into a guard rail.
    Jeff
    09 FLHRCI
    Herd Member #00045

A family member drives truck, a turkey went through the passenger side windshield and splattered on the seat. Think when you are on the bike at speed and ya hit a bug.....a turkey will take you out.
    Mark

Comment

Keep your eyes peeled for wildlife!
      OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
      2014 FLHXS
      U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

Nonetheless...I feel sorry for the biker and his family! Tragedy can happen even when you least expect it.
        2010 FLHX - Street Glide
        HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

We just never know the day nor the hour when We will be called. Be careful out there folks, be very careful.
          I am not afraid of death, the only thing I fear is the pain it takes to get there, Lord, I pray, let it be instantly like this guy and the turkey.
          Ear Tag no. 00030
          MMMMOOoo"Official HERD Exalted Prime Example"...
          Do`nt need no stinking hay,We want fresh green spring grass
          If they get close enough kick em in the crotch,MMMOOOOooo
          The missing link
          http://www.shovelhead.us/

Comment

Jean and I hit a turkey one time on the Fat Boy. Luckily it hit me in the front forks and I was going slow enough I could keep it upright and under control. The turkey didn't fair so well.
            A.K.A. Chad
            Official Ear Tag #163
            Official Member Paracord Posse
            2012 FLHTK Ultra Limited
            "I talk a lot but don't say much, and I know it..."
            "If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog."

Comment

Wow Chad! Glad you were able to keep it under control.
              Jeff
              09 FLHRCI
              Herd Member #00045

Comment

I had one come off the side of the road and hit me in the side, then roll off backwards off the saddlebag. It was last Spring and I had on a heavy coat because it was fairly early in the morning. Had to stop at the next gas station and check my drawers though. To paraphrase a line from Jeremiah Johnson, "Lucky it was turkeys, buzzards woulda brought fifty.".

Comment

Many years ago, I had that same deal coming down the Taconic Parkway at about Mach 9 on my old BMW K1200GT. I kinda saw him running towards the road to take off and started rolling off throttle, but it was just one of those horror movie deals....we were gonna end up in the same place at the same time regardless. I was probably down to 70-75 maybe 80 and laying down on the gas tank as we passed each other - him about 4 off the ground, me laying on the tank and looking at his feet and beard like RIGHT over my helmet shield!

I aint too proud to say, my shorts didnt need checking.....just changing! Lmao
                  Bob

Official HERD Member #00230

Westchester County, NY
                  '17 FLHXS Street Glide Special

Comment

Working...
                  X