No announcement yet.

Primo belt drive primary starter issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like some good things in store for that bike.
    I built a tumbler. An old BBQ rotisseary motor, a piece of shafting, bearings on each end and a home made coupler.
    I put into the tank from My 57 harley Hummer some decking screws, bolts, nuts, washers, nails and anything else with a shrp edge or point. Mounted the tank to the shaft, made the mounting so I could pivot the tank to different positions, started it up, about every three to four hours I switched the tanks position,pivoting it on the shaft. After about four days, the gears in the motor stripped. it didnt matter, the tank was for the most part bright and shiny inside. I used the bead blaster to finish what the nails and etc. couldn`t get to. Detergent and very hot water to rinse out any dust dirt and beads. Again with the compressed air and the two stroke mix for preservtion.
    That has been a few yeas and there is still no sign of rust inside of that tank.
    I later aquired a gear reduction motor that I have now mounted to the tank tumbler, a real heavy duty unit. I have not yet wired it up, just not have had the need for it. I want to install a reversible switch so that the motor can run one direction for a while the flip the switch and have it reverse, while still pivoting the tank on the shaft.
    Also, if bothered with rust, Someone in this site suggested using vinegar. i have done that and it works very well. it removes old paint, rust and varnish.
    Ear Tag no. 00030
    MMMMOOoo"Official HERD Exalted Prime Example"...
    Do`nt need no stinking hay,We want fresh green spring grass
    If they get close enough kick em in the crotch,MMMOOOOooo
    The missing link
    http://www.shovelhead.us/

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post

You should take pictures, notes and post it here for others to see what how you are doing it.
      That would make for an excellent thread. I am in favor of that, besides, One of Our addictions is pictures, lots and lots of pictures. LOL
      Ear Tag no. 00030
      The missing link

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarty51 View Post

That would make for an excellent thread. I am in favor of that, besides, One of Our addictions is pictures, lots and lots of pictures. LOL
        2010 FLHX - Street Glide
        HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

torch83fxe
          Are Yuh still with us ?
          Come on in, pull up a bale, tell us a little about Yourself. Have a beer if Your a drinkin man. If not then theres grape sodapops and squirt soda pop too. Make Yourself at home in the Pasture.
          Ear Tag no. 00030
          The missing link

Comment

Working...
          X