The Enchanted Circle Scenic Byway in New Mexico

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Enchanted Circle Scenic Byway in New Mexico

I learned about this talking with a biker I met over the weekend. I want to ride over there so bad I can taste it. I'm wondering what the weather would be like in early October.
    Hey it works. I’ll be soaked in bacon grease.

Chilly this time of year. The weather in northern NM is very similar to where I live, and the areas around Taos and Red River get more snow (they have ski areas). I'm actually headed to Santa Fe tomorrow and the forecast for the rest of this week is upper 50's/ low 60's with rain off and on. That said, I LOVE that area and the Enchanted Circle is beautiful riding. Wear layers and bring your cold weather gear. if you go, plan a stop at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Angel Fire. That place leaves me speechless every time.
    Kristy
    Official HERD Member #00205

'09 Softail Deluxe - Mojo
    Stage 1, dyno, no major mods but it's shiny!

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyGirl65 View Post
      Chilly this time of year. The weather in northern NM is very similar to where I live, and the areas around Taos and Red River get more snow (they have ski areas). I'm actually headed to Santa Fe tomorrow and the forecast for the rest of this week is upper 50's/ low 60's with rain off and on. That said, I LOVE that area and the Enchanted Circle is beautiful riding. Wear layers and bring your cold weather gear. if you go, plan a stop at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Angel Fire. That place leaves me speechless every time.
      Thanks for the response, HG. I don't mind the cold as I've ridden year round in NH, but snow on roads is not something I want to do anymore. I'll have to look at this carefully and perhaps find someone with an adventurous spirit who knows the area willing to make the ride.
      :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Settertude View Post

Thanks for the response, HG. I don't mind the cold as I've ridden year round in NH, but snow on roads is not something I want to do anymore. I'll have to look at this carefully and perhaps find someone with an adventurous spirit who knows the area willing to make the ride.
        :-)
        Snow is less likely than rain this time of year - not impossible, but less likely! :) Taos is a great place to base for that ride - and I just happen to know where a nifty brew pub is there... and it's only 4 hours from home... hmmmm. LOL. FWIW we usually stay at the El Pueblo Lodge when we go. It's older but clean and bike friendly. Several options in Red River as well, and none of it should be terribly crowded right now as we're in between summer tourons and winter skiing.
        Kristy
        Official HERD Member #00205

'09 Softail Deluxe - Mojo
        Stage 1, dyno, no major mods but it's shiny!

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyGirl65 View Post

Snow is less likely than rain this time of year - not impossible, but less likely! :) Taos is a great place to base for that ride - and I just happen to know where a nifty brew pub is there... and it's only 4 hours from home... hmmmm. LOL. FWIW we usually stay at the El Pueblo Lodge when we go. It's older but clean and bike friendly. Several options in Red River as well, and none of it should be terribly crowded right now as we're in between summer tourons and winter skiing.
          Thanks again--that is great stuff. We like a nice brew pub as well as older and friendly places to stay. Character is better than slick.
          LOL

Comment

Working...
          X