Old POSTS related to the HUB!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old POSTS related to the HUB!

New Thread! It may not make sense to some because these are posts from all over and were combined in here! But...The pictures are easy to understand.
    2010 FLHX - Street Glide
    HERD MEMBER #00003

OOPS!!!

Thats OK. Hurricane Connie gave me a Hub business card with the address on it. I'll just send it back.

Comment

• Pappy
      Pappy commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to the Forum Mead2. I don't know if I actually talked to you at the HUB or not. Also, some of the folks you met may seem a little different, ( I HERD there might have been some people under the influence of alcahol). But, hey, come on in and stroll around the pasture, whatch where you step and close the gate behind ya.

• Pappy
      Pappy commented
      Editing a comment
      The HUB was very accomodating for the group. As stated, everyone in one place works best. However, the need to have different locations so it might be closer to different members on a given year should carry a lot of weight also.

• jirvin
      jirvin commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by badinfluence63
      Thanks GeeSpot will pass it on.

Hey Jirvin did you do 700 miles in one day?
      715 miles when I pulled into home. Left The HUB at 6:00 am CST and got home at 8:45 pm EST. I didn't feel too tired until last night and I was tired early. I think the adrenalin was still pumping for a while! lol

Ok HS II is officially over and it's time to start thinking of next year!!

I think it is gonna be hard to top what the HUB had to offer and its very biker friendly atmosphere.

Lets start with tossing around some possible locations. Keep in mind we need someone close enough to do some footwork for possible routes to ride. We also need to make sure there is hotel, camping, and room to party!

I have compiled a list of suggestions that have been posted with links of possible places to stay at with what looks to be some great riding and here they are:

http://www.punkincentermotorcycleresort.com/
    http://www.blackhillsmotorcyclerides.com/ or http://crookedcreeksd.com/index.htm
    http://www.ridersroost.com/index2.html
    http://www.bentleyssaloon.com/
    http://www.mycountryinn.com/
    http://www.hubinfo.com/

Please note that there is more suggestions made but they only included a general area or what looks like great riding but no links of possible locations to stay at. If you have links to possible locations to stay at in those areas please post it and i will add it to the list.
    HERD Member #114
    2007 FLHTCU Ultra Classic
    When all else fails, GET A BIGGER HAMMER!
    If common sense was so common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Comment

• KgBaO
      KgBaO commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Cuppa Joe
      no good deed goes unPUNISHed
      Whips and hand cuffs?? I am in..

• Cuppa Joe
      Cuppa Joe commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by toorglide
      heel lets ride to stugris in may.....we,ll have the hote towm ruled by the herd
      now yer speakin my language

• Cuppa Joe
      Cuppa Joe commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by KgBaO
      Whips and hand cuffs?? I am in..
      ummm no ewww.

Hi, I don't remember everyone's name that I met but, had fun partying with you guys.
    Kevin - Live Free Or Die Official HERD Member #00167 Patriot Guard Riders #14201 2007 Street Glide - 1997 Home Built Rigid

Comment

• BikerGeek
      BikerGeek commented
      Editing a comment
      About this time, I was getting a bit chilly wearing my Transit Suit and a long-sleeve t-shirt. Knowing Sooze was bundled-up with multiple layers, I figured if I was getting a bit chilly, she had to be freezing. I saw a golden-arch choke ‘N puke and pulled off for a warm beverage. The ensuing conversation went like this:
      <As we’re getting off the bike.>
      Me: “How ya doing? Staying warm enough?”
      Sooze: “I’m FREEZING!”
      Me: Dang. I was afraid of that. “Kinda figured. I know I could use a coffee and thought you’d like a hot tea.”
      Sooze: “Hell, yes. BRRRRRR!!!”

Right about then, I questioned our Plan for the day of hitting the Push Mountain loop. One of the reasons why I like riding with Sooze is to share the experience and have fun. Granted we can’t control hot weather, but I am more tolerant to riding in cooler temperatures than she is. In fact, I’m just more tolerant to cooler temperatures in general. I think it’s a Guy Thing.

So as we’re getting our warm beverages of choice, I make the decision to abort the Push Mountain run.

Sooze pushes back, so to speak, but …. What’s the point? It’s cold and crappy, we’re heading to tight mountain roads, I don’t anticipate a lot of golden arch choke ‘N pukes to warm up at, it’s overcast and gloomy anyway…. Screw it.

She still tried to tell me she’d be fine … As she’s shivering drinking her tea… Call me a wuss, that’s OK. Call me whipped, that’s OK. Sooze and I have been all over the country (and in Canada!) together on the bikes. She’s my riding partner, my Pillion Paparazzi. Push Mountain can wait for another day – it ain’t going anywhere.

One of these days, Push Mountain, and I will ride your loop!

Thinking of just heading back to The Hub and chilling, we kinda decide to swing into another town that we’d hoped to hit anyway – Eureka Springs, AR. All things told, the total mileage for the day was about the same to turn around and hit the Push Mountain Loop, but … Well, I dunno if it was because we headed west or what, but it did warm up and bit and the temperatures were more tolerable.

As we were heading back west, we crossed White River again. This time, though, the stupid idjut locals or a bunch of REALLY sch-too-pahd locals decided that this would be a GREAT time to stop their cars ON THE BRIDGE and / or walk out ON THE BRIDGE and take pictures of the flooding.

IDIOTS!!

Damn near ran into a Buick that could not decide what they were doing. Maybe they heard me yelling precisely-chosen obscenities at them (while they were going barely 23 MpH in a 45 on a bridge) but the idjuts finally pulled over and we got away from ‘em.

IDIOTS!!!

Enough blabbering already.

Pictures!

I love the small-town gazebos. They’re just … cool.

I also love the small-town, painted-brick facades. As much as I’m not really much of a history buff, ya gotta wonder the stories those bricks could tell.

‘Ya Gotta Love It.” Nice.

The ride over to Eureka Springs was moderately entertaining, but nothing to write home about.

Rider’s Rest Motel. Bikers Only. Hmm…

Heading into Eureka Springs. I kinda remember this….

“Jesus, Focker!”

And we found the H-D ‘dealer’ (t-shirt-shop) in Eureka Springs. I don’t remember this even being here 2 years ago, but I’ve killed a few brain cells since then.

• livetoridelady
      livetoridelady commented
      Editing a comment
      Give her time Marty...are there any motorcycle resorts like the HUB in Kansas or in a bordering state? I've never been arrested for slapping anyone before...but it might be worth it if I could get one good shot at Fred's obnoxious lawyer daughter.....

• mead2
      mead2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, someone moved my friend Rob's bike at The Hub. Not sure why.

When we where riding to the Hub in Arkansas we went thru Clarksville, AR. They got hit pretty bad. Then on the way back to texas we took the back roads toward Mena, AR. When we went thru Ozark, AR a whole neighborhood was just a pile of rubble. As Hoss said there was no warning. Just kinda took your breath away. And seeing the people standing and going thru there stuff, looking for anything still good. It was heartbreaking.
    Kevin - Live Free Or Die Official HERD Member #00167 Patriot Guard Riders #14201 2007 Street Glide - 1997 Home Built Rigid

Comment

• TheBoss
      TheBoss commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by wndchsr View Post
      I thought was getting better but after cleaning on my bike am back to popping pills.................just a pill head I guess or a wuss cause it hurts. :)
      Have you checked your ribs lately? Make sure you don't have a piece of the cast iron tub from the HUB lodged in it! lol

• KgBaO
      KgBaO commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by wndchsr View Post
      Glad I aint the only one that thought that was just mean....................I :watching Frank.

:)
      I meant the breakin the Hub's Tub part
      :dan

• B-Man
      B-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Randall and Debbie were ecellent hostsand the Hub is a great place!!

Difficult maybe.....impossible never!

The HUB was just awsome no doubt and a hard act to follow for sure.

Originally posted by HoboCoastie
    Wherever it happens, I think it was pretty much unanimous among attendees that HSII bested HSI in that the campers and hotel guests were all in one place and didn't have to exercise restraint wrt drinking and such because of a ride back to lodging. I think we'll find that places with all the advantages of the Hub will be difficult indeed to replicate.
    HERD#00004
    *disclaimer: I am not an expert. Like everyone else I have an opinion.

HS1 and HS2 Attendee
    http://forum.oakislandtreasure.co.uk/

Paracord Crew Member

Comment

• DevilDog
      DevilDog commented
      Editing a comment
      That looked like some crazy Ninja drifting trick when the bikes were locked together.
      Kinda like what Charles was doing out in the parking lot at the HUB.... Seen him late one night when he thought no one was watching.... just riding around in a circle mumbling to himself " the clutch is evil, and must be punished " over and over again. It was sad man... real sad..
      :taunt

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      Well the location determines alot for me, the wife has already said if it's further than the hub was there ain't no way she is going, that means I'll be riding. If it's as far or closer I will be trailering cause I'll have the family with again.

• WideOpen
      WideOpen commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by badinfluence63 View Post
      Hey now Unimoose, bjones00070, BigWorm, WideOpen, Glyde, hockeydawg12, jirvin, mead2, glenalt, zimazoo, doublej, DevilDogBagger, Nucking Futs, Mikedero, E-Dubs Customs, JimP, TheBoss, gtoracer, Pappy, tibadoe, Dixiecrat, wavman8, Geespot, trobbins and elPrez .

What agreat day to be alive...actually that would be any day not dead..
      I saw a picture of you, Vlade and I together at The Hub and almost broke down. I didn't know anyone had gotten me with my 2 life coaches together. Fan-damn-tastic!!

This was just posted at The Hub's Facebook page.

The Hub Motorcycle Resort
    We have had a lot of request for a "Happy at The Hub" T-Shirt. So...anyone that has a picture of Happy can post it and we will pick the best one. If your picuture is chosen you will get 2 T-shirts and have your name noted as "photo taken by". Get those pictures out! Good luck and Thanks! Randal, Debbie and Happy!
    Herd member #85

sigpic

Comment

• Clone
      Clone commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by TheBoss
      Should a region be allowed to win back to back?
      Absolutely not. One of the reasons I ride is to see new things. The HUB was great, but I have been there done that, I am ready for something different. Arkansas being west of the Mississippi, I dont even really consider it part of the southern region, more western actually.

I actually agree with BI, I was surprised we didnt have a short 3 day run off between the top 2 finishers, especially since there was such a slim slim margin between the two top choices. With removing the bottom selections, there are A LOT of votes out there that could change the outcome, and the only way to show the true majority is to do a poll between the two top finishers.

Ever wonder why our political system has primary elections? Because it works! Weed out what the people dont want, to find out what they really do.

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by badinfluence63
      Its not about me me or anyones butt being hurt Dan. The vote was 25-28 between Midwest and South. 18 votes between the Northeast and the West coast. The 28 by the South only represtents about 38% or so of the constituency, far from a majority. It only makes sense to have a run off between the South and the Mid West as there are 18 votes that can be used in the poll opff to find a true selection.

We did it that away for the last one if I remember correctly. We took the 2 strongest favorites from the initial poll and ran them against each other. There was no problems or issues at that time and I am a little surprised their is so much objection to doing the same thing between the South and the Mid West given the closeness of the initial poll.
      Actually there was no run-off Branson won by votes but the hub was chosen so we could all be together (campers and hotel) so that information is also wrong. It was a better choice logistically and was close enough to branson.

• B-Man
      B-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Happy Hours View Post
      yea I've been riding it but not as much as I've wanted to. maybe 500 miles since I've had it.
      How does Connie like it?? Could she make the trip from NC to the Hub on 'er??

It comes down to NC or AR. The first two are close to each other and the other is the HUB. Should be no shortage of good roads............
    x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x
    HERD member #66
    HS I Survivor
    HS II Survivor
    HS III Survivor
    HS IV,V,VI wanted to go.....

Comment

• krcampbell
      krcampbell commented
      Editing a comment
      I voted for the Hub. Looked like yall had a nice time there last year, and I almost got to attend.

• elPrez
      elPrez commented
      Editing a comment
      I appreciate the folks liking the HUB and all and if I was closer I'd go for that but it's a good 300 + more miles away than either of the other two places and if I 'm gonna consider going, I gotta go for the closer spot. Good luck with any of the places and I hope I'll be able to make HS3 as I really missed not getting to HS2.
      Peace all.
      John

I did the best I could for our gathering at the HUB including riding out there to scope out the place, negotiate prices and plot and check out the area...And to think that DDB and wnd did a better job than I did with the Nashville trip over to HERDSTOCK.

The moral of the story is that it takes a TEAM of people to come up with a great HERDSTOCK gathering! Having a committee seemed to be the best thing to do for everyone! I sure hope this is only a learning curve for them because right now I feel as it stinks! It takes leadership, trust, commitment and a lot of TEAMWORK to get good results!

Dan doesn't know when to call it quits as he keeps digging up more trash just to be right. I thought it was over when Jeff Mason said...Ok.....let's move on to work on a good HERDSTOCK III.
    2010 FLHX - Street Glide
    HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

• Cuppa Joe
      Cuppa Joe commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok I voted, hope some more vote for the HUB,

• KgBaO
      KgBaO commented
      Editing a comment
      CAN ANY ONE SAY THE HUB lmao

• KgBaO
      KgBaO commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Cuppa Joe
      like he77 we don't :):)
      I hear ya... Raise some HE77 and get in trouble.. I Like It..

OHH have I mentioned lately about
      THE HUB

I just sent both of this in a pm

Dan, Clone , Nomore discussions about the HUB. Fontanna won and thats what needs to be concentrated on. We need to squalsh this decent in HERD .
    Dixie
    Appalachian Redneck

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used and worn out, loudly proclaiming, "WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!!!"

Comment

• Strat HD
      Strat HD commented
      Editing a comment
      The Hub Motorcycle Resort
      Two of our friends (a couple) went down today, both air lifted to St. Johns Hospital in Springfield. We are requesting your prayers that all will be ok. Thank you.

• BigWorm
      BigWorm commented
      Editing a comment
      got a link for the hub on face book

• Clone
      Clone commented
      Editing a comment
      You guys keep actin like its a long walk, hell us guys at the HUB who's rooms were on the other side had to walk further than that ya goofs and we all made it in bed safely!

Originally posted by wavman8 View Post
    double ditto!
    There has GOT to be some kind of a Fontana or HUB type something round those parts

How awesome would that be? To do HS IV and be a part of the 110

would be pretty bad asz to see the HERD patches goin thru

I can get us thru headquarters on a private tour as well
    JC
    Is it time for Herdstock yet?!?!?
    Official HERD Member #00162

sigpic

Comment

• TheBoss
      TheBoss commented
      Editing a comment
      I forgot to add this!!!

As we did last year, we will have a page with MEMBER pictures as well as the HERDSTOCK event that was held at the HUB in Arkansas!

• trail dust
      trail dust commented
      Editing a comment
      Merry Christmas Frank & Sandra and the rest of the HERD. I've got Crown and Yuengling, I'll meet you guys at the HUB.

• TheBoss
      TheBoss commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by trail dust View Post
      Merry Christmas Frank & Sandra and the rest of the HERD. I've got Crown and Yuengling, I'll meet you guys at the HUB.

What great memories!!! We met there twice already....and I am looking forward to heading to Austin, AR and riding back to the HUB again! Thank you for stopping by!

The restaurant at the Hub was good! I cleaned my plates there too! :)
    OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
    2014 FLHXS
    U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

I found this forum doing some research on the internet last night. I've been riding bikes for 40 years. I have 2007 Road Glide with V&H true duals, high air flow filter & fuel management. I also installed SE compensator when I had to install new clutch hub and bearing off transmission shaft. Looking forward reading thru the different threads.

Comment

• mead2
        mead2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Pappy View Post
        I was there about a year ago. Fun place and a nice ride from the Hub.
        We stopped by the Hub for Dinner on Friday.

• Hot Pink Harley
        Hot Pink Harley commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd like to... I get a "home holiday" till wed cuz hub has gone dirtbiking... (see me dance!!!!)
        But I do need to get up n gut daughters old bedroom... Hope she doesn't plan on moving home! Lol!

• B-Man
        B-Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by TheBoss

I really thought you were going to remember!!!
        Haaaa!! I remember you standing on the 2nd floor balcony at the Hub taking that picture!! I remember!............I remember!..........(clicking the heels together of my riding boots!)

We stayed in Keystone which is about 2 miles from Mt. Rushmore..........hotels the size of The Hub that could accomadate a group our size! I'm sure the same in Hill City and Custer! Rapid City, Spearfish or even Sturgis could accomadate the group also! A few phone calls with the number of people and they'd be more than willing to hook the Herd up with facilities!
      OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
      2014 FLHXS
      U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

• TheBoss
        TheBoss commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by HogFan View Post
        HS-3.75
        Haaaa....We have so many planned already that you may be right! OHIO may be 3.5...Tyler 3.75 so the hub may be 3.99

• HogFan
        HogFan commented
        Editing a comment
        I was thinking Ohio was 3.25, Tyler was 3.5, and The h=Hub would be 3.75!

• Happy Hours
        Happy Hours commented
        Editing a comment
        I saw a post on FB last night from the Hub, the pic showed some Prime Ribs that were ready tp go in the ovens. I liked that place myself!

I also noticed that the area we used as a firepit was all grass now.

Welcome from Celina, Ohio. I rode a little in your state a few years back. Stayed at the Hub, had a great time, great riding.
      "The road goes on forever, and the party never ends" (Robert Earl Keen)
      Dave
      Celina, OH
      Official HERD Member #00158
      2012 Road Glide Ultra, Big Blue Pearl.

Comment

• TheBoss
        TheBoss commented
        Editing a comment
        Trail Dust in Arkansas - The Hub!

• TheBoss
        TheBoss commented
        Editing a comment