Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytripper
    replied
    Ok thanks theboss, I think I'm going to do it.

Leave a comment:

• TheBoss
    replied
    All I know is that it should make the handling and the quality of your ride much better.

Leave a comment:

• Daytripper
    replied
    Has anyone installed Racetech gold valve and springs? I think I will be installing them, just looking for feedback?

Leave a comment:

• gruss
    replied
    I love a good free mod !!!

Leave a comment:

• Osco*
    replied
    yeah that sced. 40 PVC is rated to 480 PSI. a small chunk is hard stuff and light,,the PVC wall thickness is just like the spring wire guage, a perfect spacer.
    Oh we were careful with the Cuts and made shure there was no burrs or loose bits. I also scrubbed em good,,no dirt, since I found that piece in the back yard in my junk pile,,full of spiders n such.
    Cost,,,ZERO, nada, zip, zilcho,,,those are the best kinda mods.
    Like turnin up shock preload collar. free

Leave a comment:

• indianafatboy
    replied
    Thanks Dave

Leave a comment:

• Dave63
    replied
    Originally posted by indianafatboy View Post
    I see where Osco used Sched 40 PVC pipe for fork spring spacers, is that stout enuff that it won't erode with all the action going on in there? Osco, why didn't you use metal instead of PVC? Thinking of doing this to my fatboy because I'm a fatboy. Thanks!
    PVC works fine. You can cut it out of metal tubing, but no need to. All the "action" is in the lower end, not the top. It's used (PVC) because it's cheap and easy to cut. In a motocross bike, I'd only use metal due to the 10x harder compression.

Leave a comment:

• indianafatboy
    replied
    I see where Osco used Sched 40 PVC pipe for fork spring spacers, is that stout enuff that it won't erode with all the action going on in there? Osco, why didn't you use metal instead of PVC? Thinking of doing this to my fatboy because I'm a fatboy. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    I didn't see any bikes, guns or wimmins in that one!

Keep tryin'!
    Hey, where you ridin' today Osco? I was thinkin' about headin' out behind (East of) Parish again this afternoon... lots of farm lanes I haven't been on lately.

And if it's 20wt, makes no nevermind to me... at 90 ambient I'm lovin' it! We'll see if we need to thin down a bit when it gets cold again... around December.
    Thanx MC an' Gruss.
    :cool
    Last edited by Monk; 05-22-2010, 09:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Osco*
    replied
    Test upload

Disreguard this post,,,

Boss you Rawk ! Now I can jam up the server with pictures of bike's n women' n guns,,ha!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Osco*; 05-22-2010, 04:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• gruss
    replied
    And that bottle is all curved and shapely...It's gotta be good with a bottle like that...LOL !

Leave a comment:

• gruss
    replied
    Originally posted by MOTOCROSSER View Post
    20w fork oil!
    It's perfect !

poor that chit in !!

Leave a comment:

• MOTOCROSSER
    replied
    Originally posted by Monk View Post
    Here's the oil in question... so what is it? 15 or 20..?:cow
    20w fork oil!

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    Here's the oil in question... so what is it? 15 or 20..?:cow
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    Yeah, saw the other thread, too.

Annual seems a reasonable minimum for us real riders...
    It's not hard to do, and the oil was only $4.95/bottle. Hell of an improvement for $10 and a couple inches of PVC!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X