Fork Bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fork Bushings

Wanted to see what everyones thought was on this. Being so anal with my bike, I put chrome lowers on about 500 miles ago, so I needed 2 tires, so I mounted them and took them to a dealer in W.V. where I know the service manager very well. Told him I wanted to service my forks and balance my tires, so I pulled the forks off and went down to the dealer. They gave me the old fork bushings back because they said they were showing a little sign of wear. They don't look that bad and I am cool with them replacing them, but my question is with only 8900 miles, should these be showing signs of wear?
    Dale
    Official HERD Member #00145
    Keep The Rubber Side Down

They should be showing wear but they should be just fine.

They probably just replaced them because they were in there and the part is so cheap.
    Last edited by CLL375; 08-25-2010, 08:52 PM.
    Whatever doesn't kill me....HAD BETTER START RUNNING!

Official HERD Member #00130

Comment

Originally posted by CLL375 View Post
      They should be showing wear but they should be just fine.

They probably just replaced them because they were in there and the part is so cheap.
      Agreed....If I was working on the forks, and had them apart to that level, I would install new seals and bushings as well, even at low miles........g
      U.S. Army "Retired"
      (Disabled Veteran)

Comment

YUP,Me three.
        Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

If ya got it apart.......replace the seals and bushings...........just my 2-cents!
          OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
          With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
          FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
          RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

Yes, I told them to replace everything, and I just took the bike out for a ride after getting it back together, what a difference 2 new tires make. And also getting the Heavy Duty fork oil out of the front end I feel like I got suspension back!
            Dale
            Official HERD Member #00145
            Keep The Rubber Side Down

Comment

Working...
            X