Installation of new shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation of new shocks

A couple of friends and I put my Progressive 412 suspension on my 2010 FXDC this weekend. They seemed to know what they were doing, but want to ask a few questions to ease my mind. Is it important which way the shock goes on left/right? We just put them on so the Progressive sticker was facing out. Also, the instructions talk a deal about proper bushings, but we just popped them on as is. Seems to ride fine, no bottoming out or anything.

Originally posted by Reichpapers View Post
    A couple of friends and I put my Progressive 412 suspension on my 2010 FXDC this weekend. They seemed to know what they were doing, but want to ask a few questions to ease my mind. Is it important which way the shock goes on left/right? We just put them on so the Progressive sticker was facing out. Also, the instructions talk a deal about proper bushings, but we just popped them on as is. Seems to ride fine, no bottoming out or anything.
    Same way I did mine, although I did put new bolts in the bottom eyelets.....The sporty is a little bit different for fit.

No left or right to worry about, but thread lock on the bolt threads is a must.......And when those fancy stickers wear off, just spin the shock tops by hand about 180 degrees to hide the glue residue.....

Enjoy the shocks !
    U.S. Army "Retired"
    (Disabled Veteran)

Comment

they are a bolt on shock ..no it doesnt matter which way you have them ..id remove the sticker anyway ..stickers are gander crap..
      imo the road king air adjust shocks would be cheaper and a better ride..just add air when riding 2 up or let some out when riding solo its that easy and wow you wont even feel potholes ,manholes,expansion joints on overpasses..
      i did this on my nightster it works and since they were designed for a touring bike they can more than take the weight of a loaded dyna
      09 Softail Springer FLSTFBT "AKA" Heritage Fatbones Touring
      www.youtube.com/user/bcvtwin?feature=mhee

herd #148

Comment

I just installed a pair of the 412`s myself on the nightster this past weekend.the hardest part was breaking the bolts loose on my bike , tried my impact gun to break the bolts loose and nothing.unfffing believable,it ended up me having to use a 3' breaker bar on the ratchet just to break the bolts loose!!i think someone from the factory used the permanent thread locker on them !!! but i got it done with alot of cussing at the dumb ass who installed them from the factory!! now i just can`t wait for spring time to get here to see how much better they are then the stock shocks!!
        herd member #00112
        smitty
        2009 nightster
        AMA#262299 LIFE MEMBER

Comment

Originally posted by MOTOCROSSER View Post
          I just installed a pair of the 412`s myself on the nightster this past weekend.the hardest part was breaking the bolts loose on my bike , tried my impact gun to break the bolts loose and nothing.unfffing believable,it ended up me having to use a 3' breaker bar on the ratchet just to break the bolts loose!!i think someone from the factory used the permanent thread locker on them !!! but i got it done with alot of cussing at the dumb ass who installed them from the factory!! now i just can`t wait for spring time to get here to see how much better they are then the stock shocks!!

Well heck....We expect a report on the 412's when you get a chance!
          2010 FLHX - Street Glide
          HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
            Well heck....We expect a report on the 412's when you get a chance!
            I`ll definatly do that frank!!! now send some of those warm temps up here to maryland please!!!
            herd member #00112
            smitty
            2009 nightster
            AMA#262299 LIFE MEMBER

Comment

I`m a man of his word frank!I had the nightster out with the new progressive 412`s on and man do they make a huge difference!!!progressives= plush ride comparered to oem harley shocks= harsh ride, =JUNK!!!!nothing more needs to be said !!
              herd member #00112
              smitty
              2009 nightster
              AMA#262299 LIFE MEMBER

Comment

Originally posted by MOTOCROSSER View Post
                I`m a man of his word frank!I had the nightster out with the new progressive 412`s on and man do they make a huge difference!!!progressives= plush ride comparered to oem harley shocks= harsh ride, =JUNK!!!!nothing more needs to be said !!
                Yep! I got the 440's and progressive spring up front on the V
                Official "Herd Booze taste tester!"

Member #0006 :babe

"Lead paint chips are chewy AND sweet......" In memory of Rick.

Comment

Working...
                X