RK shock conversion on sportsters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by axxell33 View Post
    I've been ridin on RK shocks on my Sporty for almost 2 years now. Best mod I ever did! Keep an eye on fleabay.. the baggers will upgrade their shocks and put the stocks up for sale to help recover cash. I got mine for about $80.

What pump do you guys use to adjust air? The Harley pump.. or is there a good (cheaper) aftermarket choice?
    anything decent will run you $40.00 i got the progressive suspensions hand pump that only goes to 30 lbs but the shocks will never need that anyway..long story short it has small increments so its more accurate i think every line is 2lbs not 5 like the harley pump?
    Last edited by colonelangus; 05-17-2012, 12:10 AM.
    09 Softail Springer FLSTFBT "AKA" Heritage Fatbones Touring
    www.youtube.com/user/bcvtwin?feature=mhee

herd #148

Comment

So you put the RK shocks on yours. I bought a set of FXDX shocks (the adjustable ones) to put on my 07 883R. The service manager was sayin that they won't fit.

I didn't try myself to make them fit but I think with a little patience and the right hardware, it can be done.

What are your thoughts on this?
      It STILL don't make me no nevermind!
      Official HERD Member #00186

sigpic

Comment

what do i need to buy and whats the process on install road glide shocks on 1200 sportster?

Comment

Anyone heard from Alan lately???
          2010 FLHX - Street Glide
          HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

present and accounted for..
            ok measure your shocks from eye to eye if you have 13" shocks any glide shocks will work if you have 12" you need 2008-up street glide shocks if you want it lower then buy lowering kit and install as you would any shocks.. grab some washers to space the one shocks away from belt guard .. run the air lines somewhere you can see the fitting and use small manual pump to add air when you have a passenger.. 5lbs solo 10lbs with passenger id suggest progressive from springs as well .. the combination is impressive imo.. after I did both front springs and rear shocks potholes were nothing and bridge expansion joints and man hole cover were barely noticed.. you can also get Altima shocks in chrome for same cost on ebay
            Last edited by colonelangus; 03-21-2015, 03:13 PM.
            09 Softail Springer FLSTFBT "AKA" Heritage Fatbones Touring
            www.youtube.com/user/bcvtwin?feature=mhee

herd #148

Comment

Hi you all. Can I put 13 back air shocks from a 2012 Road Glide on my 2009 Sportster XL883L? I dont like lowered bikes because I am almost 5 11 but it was the nicest one available when I bought it. So increased height is actually desired, as long as its as safe as stock. The ride is way rougher than my 2004 XL883 and I need some serious dampening. Anyone done this specific bike mod? Thanks in advance!!

Comment

Originally posted by Timmons View Post
                Hi you all. Can I put 13 back air shocks from a 2012 Road Glide on my 2009 Sportster XL883L? I dont like lowered bikes because I am almost 5 11 but it was the nicest one available when I bought it. So increased height is actually desired, as long as its as safe as stock. The ride is way rougher than my 2004 XL883 and I need some serious dampening. Anyone done this specific bike mod? Thanks in advance!!
                Welcome to the forum. I've heard some put 13" shocks on Sportsters without a problem. Not sure of the ones from a Road Glide since they sag like a Lincoln Town Car for a smoother ride.
                2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Thank you!! And thanks for the reply. Im ok with saggy as long as my discs get a smoother ride. Ill check with the dealer service to see if theyll do it before I order them unless someone can tell me the best air shocks to use on my particular bike.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Timmons.
                    Ear Tag no. 00030
                    MMMMOOoo"Official HERD Exalted Prime Example"...
                    Do`nt need no stinking hay,We want fresh green spring grass
                    If they get close enough kick em in the crotch,MMMOOOOooo
                    The missing link
                    http://www.shovelhead.us/

Comment

Thank you Mr Marty!

Comment

Thank you Mr Marty!
                        If You get time and have the means, post in a couple pics of Your bike, we always like to see others machines.
                        Ear Tag no. 00030
                        MMMMOOoo"Official HERD Exalted Prime Example"...
                        Do`nt need no stinking hay,We want fresh green spring grass
                        If they get close enough kick em in the crotch,MMMOOOOooo
                        The missing link
                        http://www.shovelhead.us/

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarty51 View Post

If You get time and have the means, post in a couple pics of Your bike, we always like to see others machines.

2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                          HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

U.S. Army "Retired"
                            (Disabled Veteran)

Comment

Working...
                            X