X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gruss
    replied
    Originally posted by toorglide View Post
    sounds like the bushings and/or the seals in the forks on the fatty are acting up....whats the life expectancy on these components assuming the forks have never been rebuilt. i changed the hydraulic oil when i took possession and it was quit dirty. i dont have any service records either :(
    toor, I would think if the bushings in the fork tubes were bad, you would see your seal life evaporate in a matter of weeks, not to mention it would damage the inner fork tubes, and produce scratches that are visible. I've seen several bad bushings over the years. but never on a bike that has had the fork oil changed out regularly. Unless of course a low mile bike has a mis-alignment problem, or fork damage from a lay down that cannot be seen by the naked eye...do you have any visible scratches on the fork shafts ??

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
    Would that be the rider???? :)
    DUH!

Leave a comment:

• vlade
    replied
    Not sure Tour 99? I'm thinking just clean, repack and adjust.

Leave a comment:

• TheBoss
    replied
    Originally posted by trobbins View Post
    maybe the nut behind the bars is loose
    Would that be the rider???? :)

Leave a comment:

• trobbins
    replied
    maybe the nut behind the bars is loose

Leave a comment:

• toorglide
    started a topic strange squeek

strange squeek

sounds like the bushings and/or the seals in the forks on the fatty are acting up....whats the life expectancy on these components assuming the forks have never been rebuilt. i changed the hydraulic oil when i took possession and it was quit dirty. i dont have any service records either :(
Working...
X