High output Bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High output Bulbs

I realize that some of you have probbaly used or are trying the High Output HD bulbs, Part No. 67074-02. (08 Dyna)
    I have now used two of these bulbs and both Lasted 3 months or +/- 6k miles. I used the stock bulb for 2 years before I wanted to try the High Output. Now I have changed 2 in 6-7 months. At $24 each, well it seems a bit much. The local HD dealer agrees.
    I am now trying the Kuryakan bulb to see how it works and how long it last.
    The stock bulb is still good and is my backup.

(Information purposes, your actual results may vary)
    Those who say it can't be done should get in the way of those doing it.
    Patriot Guard Riders # 209,359
    Official HERD Member #00139

I have run one of the HO lights on my Electraglide since I got the bike and its lasted... 3 months per bulb is not right.
    HERD # 00075
    08 Stage II 103 Ultra Classic
    USMC Veteran

Comment

I agree. But the dealer didn't offer any ideas. The rest of my electrical is working fine. Still all stock bulbs elsewhere. Maybe I need to e-mail HD. Pobably no chance of a response.

Comment

you might have a loose bolt or chunk a metal setting up a vibration
        THE NEGATIVE ONE no better don't click
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1422579428
        How's my Spelin, CALL 1-800-BOSS to report my bad spelizin

Comment

Possible, never thought of that......Thanks, will check.

Comment

Forgot one important factor. Only the LOW BEAM goes out. High still works. Check any bolts but there are only 3 bolts for the adjustment and a samll screw that holds the trim ring on and holds the bulb in. That may be the culprit if it is lose. Don't know why the low only does out ??

I probably need another Gremlin Bell.

Comment

Save up and get the new LED setup. It's high-dollar, but *to me*, it looks well worth it. LED's rarely burn out, uses far less power and the light output on the pictures I've seen is fantastic. One day I hope to actually be able to afford it, but if I can, I'm getting it!
              The CSA - Fighting terrorism since 1861

Comment

I looked at the LED's and the cost for one for a touring bike is $524!! Wow! I could replace the original ones 10 times and not get to that price! lol
                Jeff
                09 FLHRCI
                Herd Member #00045

Comment

Originally posted by Oiltrash View Post
                  Forgot one important factor. Only the LOW BEAM goes out. High still works. Check any bolts but there are only 3 bolts for the adjustment and a samll screw that holds the trim ring on and holds the bulb in. That may be the culprit if it is lose. Don't know why the low only does out ??

I probably need another Gremlin Bell.
                  the reason the low beam goes out is that is the one on when it blows ..ride with the high beam on all the time and that will be the one that will die..seems like a vibration maybe the cause.check headlight while riding.is it moving up/down excessively ? i know mine does due to the style of mount,and thats the main reason im staying with the stocker for now
                  Last edited by colonelangus; 09-17-2010, 01:53 AM.
                  09 Softail Springer FLSTFBT "AKA" Heritage Fatbones Touring
                  www.youtube.com/user/bcvtwin?feature=mhee

herd #148

Comment

Originally posted by colonelangus View Post
                    the reason the low beam goes out is that is the one on when it blows ..ride with the high beam on all the time and that will be the one that will die..seems like a vibration maybe the cause.check headlight while riding.is it moving up/down excessively ? i know mine does due to the style of mount,and thats the main reason im staying with the stocker for now
                    I agree, but burn out in 3 months of riding ? I guess I was thinkin that if vibration was it, the wire or both wires would be broke, maybe not. My light does not appear to shake at all. I will pay more attention this weekend.
                    Thanks all.

Comment

i ran HO bulbs in my Dodge when i had it and they only lasted a couple months. after 2 i quit trying.
                      Mike Pilkenton
                      ‎Age has it's advantages: Now I can blame something besides the Alcohol.
                      Official Member #00160

Comment

Originally posted by Oiltrash View Post
                        I agree, but burn out in 3 months of riding ? I guess I was thinkin that if vibration was it, the wire or both wires would be broke, maybe not. My light does not appear to shake at all. I will pay more attention this weekend.
                        Thanks all.
                        Hey Oil,

The reason you burn out the one that is on is, it is weakest because it is hot. The High beam one is still a solid metal (not burning) allowing to keep it's strength.I would ahve to suspect the vibration might just be enough for a kill on that bulb style. You scoot might not have a high Vibe but the bulb's filament might be CHEAP, that would be from an engineering stand point. From a fellow rider, throw it away, save your money add a second headlight running standard bulbs LOL...

Comment

Might could be a loose connection,either going in or a poor grounding going out causes excessive heat and burnzemout.could be a poor contact in the switch or relay tooo.
                          Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

Originally posted by jirvin View Post
                            I looked at the LED's and the cost for one for a touring bike is $524!! Wow! I could replace the original ones 10 times and not get to that price! lol
                            Kuryakyn has one that is 299.00 but you can get it through Dennis Kirk for 279.00 I believe. I am getting the LED headlight from Kuryakyn and also getting the 4 1/2" LED's from Custom Dynamics for the driving lights, they are 119.00 for each, so I will spend a little over 500.00 for all three.
                            Here is the link for the headlight:
                            http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...fCatId=&mmyId=

Here are the driving lights:
                            http://www.customdynamics.com/led_passing_lamps.htm
                            Last edited by o8h0g; 01-13-2011, 08:30 PM.
                            Dale
                            Official HERD Member #00145
                            Keep The Rubber Side Down

Comment

hell reballence the front tire can you see good out the mirrors a cruising speed if no there is a vibration your talking a thin wire dont take mutch to brake it
                              1989 classic 115 big motor 2001 ultra classic 21 on the front

HERD #00106

Comment

Working...
                              X