Best Tires for a Sportster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Tires for a Sportster

It's time for new tires, and I've been looking at Dunlop 404's, Pirelli MT 66's, and Kenda K673 Kruz. What do ya'll recommend?
    Patti, HERD Georgia Girl #113

RubberDown/Double Secret Agent #19 and Ozzyrral #213...RIP
    We will ride again wndchsr...
    'If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.' - Katherine Hepburn

Sportster Tires???

Well I don't know Sportster's....:):):)

Dumblick D-401 is what I have always used on all my Sportster's!

Handle good dry or wet and the mileage is also good depending on how you ride! I get about 25 to 28 K outta the rear and about 35 K on the front.
    OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
    With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
    FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
    RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

Metzler ME 880 front & rear....
      Lee....... If ya ain't the lead dog... the view never changes....

Can weld anything but a broken heart

......It's a rebar thing.....
      HERD member # 00015

Comment

just ordered a new metzler me 880 rear tire for my nightster !at 8200 miles my stock dunlop is shot!!! about bald as my head!!
        herd member #00112
        smitty
        2009 nightster
        AMA#262299 LIFE MEMBER

Comment

Originally posted by Crocodile56 View Post
          Well I don't know Sportster's....:):):)

Dumblick D-401 is what I have always used on all my Sportster's!

Handle good dry or wet and the mileage is also good depending on how you ride! I get about 25 to 28 K outta the rear and about 35 K on the front.
          Dunlops.....Harley branded....i'm on the second set, and love 'em......first set got dropped off at 11k miles...
          U.S. Army "Retired"
          (Disabled Veteran)

Comment

gruss with my light weight it real easy to light it up!! sometimes intentional sometimes not!!!
            herd member #00112
            smitty
            2009 nightster
            AMA#262299 LIFE MEMBER

Comment

Anyone know about Pirelli's? I know street bikers like them; i wonder if they have good cruiser tires.
              Patti, HERD Georgia Girl #113

RubberDown/Double Secret Agent #19 and Ozzyrral #213...RIP
              We will ride again wndchsr...
              'If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.' - Katherine Hepburn

Comment

I've read that Me 880's are a bit slick in the rain, Less center line rain sipes,,an ya gotta run higher Air pressures.
                Been Told avion handles like a dream,,due to the profile,,corner entry Is effortless..
                Michelin HD tires are suppose to hold shape best at Hi-speed,,due to Kevlar..

Lots of people rag on the Dunlops,,call em slick,,say they handle shitty,,
                I've never had a problem and have puposly Kicked the rear end loose.
                I think the Lops are a great tire..

What I wanna know Is how you get 25k to 28k out of a rear Croc ?????
                I'm at 4,200 and they are like new,,but Dammit Man !!!
                I know I know I need to ease up in the corners,,,
                Herd #124
                Age 10 and holding
                Official Herd Poser

Comment

Originally posted by MOTOCROSSER View Post
                  gruss with my light weight it real easy to light it up!! sometimes intentional sometimes not!!!
                  (grin) thats the spirit.......:laughout

I wish I had that problem.....I'm 6'3" tall, and weigh 210 pounds, and ride an 883.......no regrets......g
                  U.S. Army "Retired"
                  (Disabled Veteran)

Comment

Originally posted by Osco* View Post

Lots of people rag on the Dunlops,,call em slick,,say they handle shitty,,
                    I've never had a problem and have puposly Kicked the rear end loose.
                    I think the Lops are a great tire..
                    They are a great tire, and although I cant say they are the best, I trust them with my life every time I ride. I guess that means something.....g
                    U.S. Army "Retired"
                    (Disabled Veteran)

Comment

I have ran Dunlops and Avon's over the years and like them both. I would say that IMHO the Dunlops are better for me personally, handle very good and have a good wear life. I would also say that tires are like oil, people have their own opinions about them. The most important part is that what ever tire you chose, its your [email protected]@ its under so you gotta be comfortable with what ever brand you chose.
                      Herd Member #87
                      US Navy Veteran

Comment

Stay away from Dunlop 404's.....

They have roughly 2/3rds the trad of 402's, they're made for light bikes with a low GVWR (less plies as well) and are also made in Indonesia, not the USA. I went through a rear 404 in 3500 miles. The front has more, but it's not going to see 5500 miles.

Dunlop 402's or Metzler ME880 or Avon Venom series tires.
                        **Note: The technical info I provide is suggestive. I am not a perfeshunel.

"No two motorcycles should be the same. Your bike should be based on your creativity, and whatever's going on in your life at that time..." Jesse James

HERD Member #10

Comment

Originally posted by Dave63 View Post
                          I went through a rear 404 in 3500 miles. The front has more, but it's not going to see 5500 miles.
                          I got just under 5k on the 404 i put on, it was very very worn though a should have been changed a lot sooner. I put it on because i was a little low on cash and got it really cheap, now I know why.
                          ALARCOGAILINIAKSKYMDMIMNMSMONENMNCOHOKPASDTNTXUTWV WIWYsm.jpg
                          Josh #00042
                          R.I.P. Dad 1951-2015

Comment

Working...
                          X