Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

riding glasses

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • riding glasses

    I typically always just wear sunglasses when I ride, or safety glasses at night.

    It is harder than hell to find glasses that fit my face right, and kind of a pain to keep adjusting them to keep wind out of my eyes. I have bought foam lined glasses b4, and they really weren't any better. SO today while at the dealership, I checked out their glasses selection, found a pair that fit my face good, they do have a foam lining, but it isn't really obtrusive at all.

    they were $35, which isn't all too bad for a good pair of glasses. I just got back froma quick ride, adn they really do a great job at keeping the wind and air out of my eyes, and they stay put on my face, no sliding down at all.

    the model name is "Slick" Harley dealership part number 98539-08vm


    my review, these are great



    and I never thought I would ever buy a pair of "Harley" sunglasses, but these are definately worth it
    Ride in Peace Wndchsr


    www.my.doterra.com/jbush

  • #2
    Yeah, I was issued a couple sets of Wiley X glasses with the foam eye-seals, for lack of a better term. I have one with clear lenses and one set with grey lenses. I like 'em...

    Your HD branded glasses look pretty similar, except for the ear-pieces. Wiley probably made them for HD...
    -Steve, MSgt USAF
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    HERD Member #73 (thanks Boss!)
    RIP TSgt Jason Norton and SSgt Brian McElroy-KIA 22 Jan 06 near Taji, Iraq. You'll never be forgotten...

    Comment


    • #3
      I just changed to a half-helmet and got some Bobster glasses with the foam, and they work really well. Around $18...:cool:
      Patti, HERD Georgia Girl #113

      RubberDown/Double Secret Agent #19 and Ozzyrral #213...RIP
      We will ride again wndchsr...
      'If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.' - Katherine Hepburn

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Paladin View Post
        Yeah, I was issued a couple sets of Wiley X glasses with the foam eye-seals, for lack of a better term. I have one with clear lenses and one set with grey lenses. I like 'em...

        Your HD branded glasses look pretty similar, except for the ear-pieces. Wiley probably made them for HD...
        I pretty much have the same thing from my HD dealer but they were some other brand. One sunglasses and one clear (or a little yellow tint) and also have the same thing in goggles if needed. Since I wear contacts I use the foam lining just to keep the dust out and they work just fine.
        x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x
        HERD member #66
        HS I Survivor
        HS II Survivor
        HS III Survivor
        HS IV,V,VI wanted to go.....

        Comment


        • #5
          i have had a pair willy x for several years just got them out and started using them and i like them dont no why i dident try them before now stuck in the old ways i gess
          1989 classic 115 big motor 2001 ultra classic 21 on the front

          HERD #00106

          Comment


          • #6
            Even with my punk as* 10" windshield, air still manages to get in my eyes! Just picked some off brand shades and it helps a little! Might have to look into the foam one's next!
            .
            2010 FLHX - Street Glide
            HERD MEMBER #00003

            Comment


            • #7
              thanks josh, i'm gonna check those out !!....35 bucks aint bad....i think a set of wiley's goes for double-and sometimes triple that price...g
              Originally posted by Ironhead View Post
              I typically always just wear sunglasses when I ride, or safety glasses at night.

              It is harder than hell to find glasses that fit my face right, and kind of a pain to keep adjusting them to keep wind out of my eyes. I have bought foam lined glasses b4, and they really weren't any better. SO today while at the dealership, I checked out their glasses selection, found a pair that fit my face good, they do have a foam lining, but it isn't really obtrusive at all.

              they were $35, which isn't all too bad for a good pair of glasses. I just got back froma quick ride, adn they really do a great job at keeping the wind and air out of my eyes, and they stay put on my face, no sliding down at all.

              the model name is "Slick" Harley dealership part number 98539-08vm


              my review, these are great



              and I never thought I would ever buy a pair of "Harley" sunglasses, but these are definately worth it
              U.S. Army "Retired"
              (Disabled Veteran)

              Comment


              • #8
                I bought a pair of perscription ridein glasses at Wally world for $98 and they work great with or without windshield at any speed.
                Appalachian Redneck

                "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used and worn out, loudly proclaiming, "WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!!!"

                Comment


                • #9
                  I bought a pair of "Harley" safety glasses for night riding from the local electricial supply house today for $7.50,I 'm surprised they were so cheap.
                  2018 Road Glide
                  Member #00014

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Bought a set of Birdz. They have slip in prescription glasses got them for 28 bucks on ebay. 130 for the RX. It comes with 3 different shades. (smoked, yellow, and clear) You can take the arms off and put on a goggle band for long trips. My wife hates them. She calls me superfly.
                    Proud Herd Member #00094
                    2010 FXDC
                    Keep it real.
                    Rubberdown

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I use a pair of Panoptx with day/night lenses...and also have a pair of WileyX day/night in the bike as my backups....both work very well....Panoptx cost me $192 and WileyX were $150...
                      Lee....... If ya ain't the lead dog... the view never changes....

                      Can weld anything but a broken heart

                      ......It's a rebar thing.....
                      HERD member # 00015

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Where do you park your bike Lee?
                        .
                        2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                        HERD MEMBER #00003

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I just got a pair of Bell goggles, foam lined, elastic headband type, with clear lenses, they were on clearance at Walmart for $4.50
                          never thought I would wear anything like them, but just incase it rains on way to Kentucky or back....just incase, thought I might wanna be a little better protected
                          Ride in Peace Wndchsr


                          www.my.doterra.com/jbush

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Happy Hours View Post
                            I bought a pair of "Harley" safety glasses for night riding from the local electricial supply house today for $7.50,I 'm surprised they were so cheap.
                            If youd bought em from Harley Stealership you could move that decimal back one to $75.00
                            Appalachian Redneck

                            "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used and worn out, loudly proclaiming, "WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!!!"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                              Where do you park your bike Lee?
                              near my loaded guns.................................
                              Lee....... If ya ain't the lead dog... the view never changes....

                              Can weld anything but a broken heart

                              ......It's a rebar thing.....
                              HERD member # 00015

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X