Chrome Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome Wheels

I can't think of a better place to get honest opinions.

Been saving and thinking of Chrome wheels for my Dyna. Looking hard at the HD wheels because of the name and quality control. Wheels of course are important especially if they are untrue, poor chrome work etc.

In the Herds vast knowledge base, what are the best wheels for the money. Non-spoke
    Those who say it can't be done should get in the way of those doing it.
    Patriot Guard Riders # 209,359
    Official HERD Member #00139

Damn son, now that's a big can of worms your trying to open!!!

My suggestion to you is go to a search engine and type in motorcycle wheels......there are so many. After you look around, then give us an idea what you like and brand name, we can kinda help from there.

Cost is the next thing......Wheels are an owners choice kinda thing.

Know what I mean.........

http://www.hogpro.com/showpage.php?page=main.htm

http://www.jcmotors.com/c-1291-wheel...tionFilterID=8

http://www.chromemotorcycle.com/

Heres a start.....
    Last edited by Crocodile56; 08-14-2010, 04:33 PM.
    OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
    With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
    FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
    RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

I have looked around at many, many sites, I realize that that is a big question. I am looking for the quality of workmanship. Each manufacture has a style thaat will work. You hardly get a straight answer from advertisements. i really don't trust anything I can't touch or have a recommendation. I feel that each of you may have had some experience by someone you know or personal.
      I was looking to probe the Infinite Wisdom of the Herd.
      Maybe this is too much, thought I would try.

Comment

I went with RC Components Calypso wheels on my SG. There are a ton of wheels out there and most of them are great quality. I went with RC because of the 7yr warranty even though I probably wont have them for that long. If you have any big motorcycle rallies near you'll, go check them out, you'll find some great deals there. I balanced mine with Dyna Beads so you can see any weights on the outside.

Good Luck!
        Whatever doesn't kill me....HAD BETTER START RUNNING!

Official HERD Member #00130

Comment

Look great, the warranity would be good, so the beads work? Tried them in truck tires. Not to sucessful.
          You never know if they will stand by them. RC has been around for a while I think.

Comment

Thanks. The beads work just fine.
            Whatever doesn't kill me....HAD BETTER START RUNNING!

Official HERD Member #00130

Comment

After years of messing with wheels, any known manufacturer will be fine. Companies like RC Components, Xtreme Machine, Pro-One, etc. will hold up great. I would avoid companies like Custom Chrome, Mid-West or Jireh Cycles. Just my .02
              Dale
              Official HERD Member #00145
              Keep The Rubber Side Down

Comment

Oiltrash along with you internet search I would be hitting the local bike nights and look at some of the wheels that people are running. Might give you some ideas plus I have found that most stuff does not look the same on print as it does on a bike. JMHO.
                HERD # 00075
                08 Stage II 103 Ultra Classic
                USMC Veteran

Comment

Its all good OT, just remember the most expensive wheels wont be the best choice most of the time. RC wheels are great and backed up like CLL375 said but they are expensive.

Custom chrome, midwest etc. are china made knock off's and are junk!!! but their cheap.......you get what ya pay for!

http://www.sturgiswheel.com/index.htm

http://www.wanaryd.com/

I like spoke wheels.....stainless steel or nickel plate.......but $$$$$
                  OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
                  With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
                  FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
                  RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

Originally posted by Crocodile56 View Post
                    Its all good OT, just remember the most expensive wheels wont be the best choice most of the time. RC wheels are great and backed up like CLL375 said but they are expensive.

Custom chrome, midwest etc. are china made knock off's and are junk!!! but their cheap.......you get what ya pay for!

http://www.sturgiswheel.com/index.htm

http://www.wanaryd.com/

I like spoke wheels.....stainless steel or nickel plate.......but $$$$$
                    I like spoked wheels also, thinking about going back to the 40 spoke that Harley has, I think they are called the profile laced wheel, they do not have the lips on them. I liked them on my 2005 Ultra Classic I had.
                    Dale

Comment

Thanks everyone for the info. I have looked at wheels on bikes at gatherings for quite sometime. There are many as you all know. Since I can't replace wheels if they turn out bad and not warranted, I do alot of research and talking first.
                      I like the profile laced wheels also. It's the cleaning that may get to me. I clean and rub alot. I am leaning to the chromed wheels.

Thank you again.

Comment

Honestly, I keep up with cleaning my bike, and I found out that if I keep my wheels clean in between rides, they never really get that bad, and I am pretty anal about having a clean bike. I spend alot of time cleaning mine.
                        Dale

Comment

Originally posted by o8h0g View Post
                          I like spoked wheels also, thinking about going back to the 40 spoke that Harley has, I think they are called the profile laced wheel, they do not have the lips on them. I liked them on my 2005 Ultra Classic I had.
                          I have a set of stainless spoke wheels that came off my 2008 Street Glide. Front has stock rubber with 15,000 miles on it 25-30% tread left and both rotors. The rear is just the wheel. If they will fit your bike and your interested I will cut you a good deal.
                          HERD MEMBER #00027
                          Riding for LT. Tim Campbell (LEO)
                          In Memory of Rubberdown RIP HERD #00019
                          In Memory of Betsy
                          In Memory of Sabrina

Comment

Originally posted by krcampbell View Post
                            I have a set of stainless spoke wheels that came off my 2008 Street Glide. Front has stock rubber with 15,000 miles on it 25-30% tread left and both rotors. The rear is just the wheel. If they will fit your bike and your interested I will cut you a good deal.
                            08 streetglide with spokes ?? never saw that before.....
                            HERD MEMBER #0057

If i only had more time..............

Comment

Originally posted by CRAIGERHD View Post
                              08 streetglide with spokes ?? never saw that before.....
                              Yep, that is what was on it on the show room floor. Cost extra, if I remember it was a 400 or 700 dollar option. I like the mags on it better.
                              HERD MEMBER #00027
                              Riding for LT. Tim Campbell (LEO)
                              In Memory of Rubberdown RIP HERD #00019
                              In Memory of Betsy
                              In Memory of Sabrina

Comment

Working...
                              X