Cycle Lifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cycle Lifts

Just wondering, what lifts work the best, I know there will be different opinions. I am looking to replace my Craftsman which works OK but looking for a better one, easier to center and balance the bike, safer. What about J&S ? I didn't see a thread for this. If there is, sorry.
    Those who say it can't be done should get in the way of those doing it.
    Patriot Guard Riders # 209,359
    Official HERD Member #00139

I think there was a thread on this but.... I have a lift I bought from Harbor Freight. Don't use it a lot t it works good.
    The hardest part about a Zombie Apocalypse, will be pretending I'm not excited!

Comment

my $60 Harbor freight lift works great. only, and I mena ONLY, complaint I have about it is it isn't low enough. I have to drive the back tire of my fatboy onto a 3/4 inch thick board to get the lift under it. other than that, it is great
      Ride in Peace Wndchsr

www.my.doterra.com/jbush

Comment

I had heard of Harbor Freight, never saw one in person. I probably would have the same problem with height.

Comment

If you have a Craftsman and it works your one of the fortunate few. I had to rebuild mine the first time I used it. Problem was Sears doesn't offer any replacement parts for their jacks, I had to go to Farm & Fleet and buy a bottle jack and spent the rest of the day adapting it to fit mine. I'm still pizzed....Glenn
          Where does it say Humpty Dumpty was an Egg?
          Official HERD Member #00127 - Glenn
          Growing old is not for Sissies..........

Comment

Now that you mention it, I did have the key connecting the jack handle to the hyd pump break one time while the bike was in the air. Could not lower bike. I had to use a bottle jack under the jack frame to lower it down with the bike still on the Craft jack. Very touch and scarey for a while.

Comment

I've had two from Pep Boys! They work great for about $70. Only reason I've had two is I didn't want to move the one I had in AZ so I sold it and got the same thing here in WA. Good luck!
              H1E2R8D

Comment

I have the Craftman Pro (yellow) and have been satisfied with it. I also hear OTC makes a good one that is available through Amazon and other outlets.

Comment

I hope you don't mind oiltrash but if I may I'd like to piggy-back on this thread.

I recently bought the Harbor Frieght one and it seems well made.

My question to the jack-offs here (LOL) are there any tricks of the trade? Do's and don't do's? OMG never do that?

What's the best way to find center of weight mass? One man job?

You know...help a person out that usually isn't afraid to do anything but for some reason is a little twitchy about jacking up an expensive motorcycle for the first time...ever.

Tired to talk my bud into letting me practice on his Honda. Damn he has a foul mouth. LMAO
                  #00038 MAY HE REST IN PEACE!

I listen to the voices in my wives head that tell her to tell me what to do.

Comment

I got one from J&S Jacks. http://www.jsjacks.com/index.htm
                    It was kinda pricey, but I use it every day due to having a way too small garage for two cars, 6 bicycles and the Harley. It works great, very stable, rolls easy and does not require any tie down straps. As an added bonus it will quickly identify all the high spots in your garage floor!
                    Mike Tickle
                    Herd # One hundred
                    2012 Ultra Limited
                    USAF Retired (SMSgt)

Comment

I have to experiment every time to find the center though I have it narrowed down a bit but, when I change oils have have to have it more to the front to reach the plugs, really a pain in the as-. It also depends on what weight you have like saddle bags etc which changes the balance.

I have been looking hard at the JS, pricey yes but it looks so simple. If it last it's worth it.
                      I move the wifes car out most of the time, that was addressed on anther thread, room has not been a problem when i want to jack with it. You know the old saying, KISS (keep it simple stupid) I tend to sway from tat often !

Comment

I bought the full deck lift from Harbor freight for about $270 , and just roll the bike on it. I love it. The main reason for the deck lift , is because the repairs I mainly do on a bike lift, the smaller ones get in my way of what I'm doing .

Comment

I'll check it out, THANKS

Comment

Glad I did a search I almost just posted this exact same thread. I really want a quality jack that will last a long time. I've looked hard at the J&S jacks and they look like super quality and they are made in the USA which is something I like. I'd rather pay a little more to get something home made and high quality! I'm really looking to start doing my own services and to bring the bike up a little for cleaning.!!
                            Official HERD Member #00144
                            Sponsored by: Rainrider

Comment

Just sayn, I like the JS maybe, better. Video looks good but that is what it is for. But the $$ , I'll haave to save a little more.

Comment

Working...
                              X