Air Wing Touring Rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Wing Touring Rack

Since i couldn't find any other pics or info on this rack besides on the HD website i thought this review might be helpful to someone in the future!! So i'm gettin ready for a three day weekend trip to Johnstown PA for "Thunder in the Valley" on the 25th-27th this month and i needed to get a luggage rack. Being an 09 my choices were limited to the stealth, the air wing, or the standard rack. As cool as the stealth rack looks i went with the wing as it has the optional running/brake light which i decided to buy also. I switched out my 2 point hardware for the four point and installed the wing and light and i gotta say it doesn't look too bad, plus the extra brake light gives me alittle more piece of mind!! Another thing is, with the stealth or the standard racks they are easily removable but with the wing there is a wire which will somewhat deter would be thieves from just walkin off with ur rack!! Installation was simple and the light was plug-n-play. Heres some pics of the wing installed!!
    "09" King & "10" Forty-Eight(wifes)
    If u ain't ridin u ain't livin!!

Hey RDKing......good post. Glad you came by to update us......!!!!

I had to use CLL375 during our journey to ROT.
    2010 FLHX - Street Glide
    HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

I generally have just enough time after work to eat, drop a few posts and get to bed to do it all over again tommorrow!! This is the busy pool season and it'll be slowin down in no time!! Thnx Frank, its good to have some time to check in!!

Comment

grab the spare pillow from the hotel room and it can double as another seat for 2 hot chicks instead of just one
        Twenty First Herdster
        * When Its All Said And Done, Will You Have Said More Than You Have Done?
        ** How Old Would You Be If You Didnt Know How Old You Where?
        99 FLSTF
        03 FLHTCI

Comment

Lol!! It seemed alittle big to me at first but its growin on me. I was used to seein a clean rear fender but the added chrome and light is a plus!!

Comment

And if you take some towells and steam them up..it'll take the bugs off your windshield.
            2010 FLHX - Street Glide
            HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

I like the lighting effect you have going on in the rear...
              2010 FLHX - Street Glide
              HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Yea i thought about changin out my rear turn signal bar for the small streetglide bar but man they are salty!! Now i'm just tryin to put as many brake lights on the rear as possible cause the only collision that scares me is the one i don't see comin!!

Comment

That looks SHARP! Makes me want to get one for my RKC! Wonder if it fits an "07?
                  H1E2R8D

Comment

Looks good Rdking09!
                    Jeff
                    09 FLHRCI
                    Herd Member #00045

Comment

Hey Jason, Looks good. How does the light connect? Is there a plug you wire in for the quick release? I like it and like you want to get more lights on the back.
                      The hardest part about a Zombie Apocalypse, will be pretending I'm not excited!

Comment

Jim, under ur seat there should be an accessory plug with an orange and black stopper like plug in the end. Simply pull out the orange plug and the wire from the wing plugs right in!! This plug under the seat is also connected to the spare toggle switch on the left side in the dash/front of the bike. As for the quick release question the only way to take it on and off with the light connected would be to take off the seat and unplug it there but i'm always gonna keep it on, as long as i can take off the backrest i'm good!! IMO the rack fits well with the lines of the bike with the backrest removed! If i can install this rack anyone can!! Lol!!!
                        Last edited by RDK09; 06-16-2010, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Can the Boss do that?
                          Last edited by Mrs. Boss; 06-16-2010, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Huh??
                            Last edited by RDK09; 06-16-2010, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Fine looking set up Jason....I really like the added light...
                              Chris (Steveston)
                              Herd # 93
                              Retired Navy Vet

Comment

Working...
                              X