BrightAssLights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BrightAssLights

Wanna be seen from behind? Get your self a Brightass Tail Light..................These things are bright, I mean really bright. Dave calls it my "Seizure Light".

I had one on my Road King and loved it, if any of you remember following that bike. Granted these lights are a bit pricey @ $199 but they go a long way in ensuring people notice you when they're behind you.

I purchased mine from Amazon.............On this bike as well as the Road King, it only took about 5 minutes to install this thing.

There is three brightness settings for the tail light only and then I think 17 settings for the brake light portion. The settings are changed using a magnet (supplied) that allow you to tap the top corner and change the settings. You can have the brake light work as a standard brake light or set it to your liking with a series of strobes so the light flashes.

I had a standard LED tail light on the last Ultra from Harley and it literally sucked compared to this thing so I went back to one of these.

Old tail light

Old Brake light

New Tail light

New Brake light

Herd Member #87
    US Navy Veteran

I bet it's very different than the picture but I can tell by the flashing red that it is bright.
    2010 FLHX - Street Glide
    HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

On the Road king, I could tap the brake with this thing and vehicles behind me would back off...................So personally I think these tail lights are great. Tried the LED from Harley and it was junk compared to this one so I think its worth the money.
      Herd Member #87
      US Navy Veteran

Comment

I have a short video but not sure how to upload to the forum.
        Herd Member #87
        US Navy Veteran

Comment

What a difference! Jeff, I remember the Road King, but me and you were always blessed with good weather when I followed that one and I can't recall any nightfall riding with you back then...But that looks GOOD man, real good.

Bruddah, I miss that garage! ! !
          Ride EVERY CHANCE YOU GET. Father Time is undefeated.

Ride in Peace, Ricky "Rubberdown" Massey
          Ride Forever Free, Larry Weaver
          See you on the other side, Jeff.

Official HERD Member #00181

Comment

Originally posted by LilJo View Post
            What a difference! Jeff, I remember the Road King, but me and you were always blessed with good weather when I followed that one and I can't recall any nightfall riding with you back then...But that looks GOOD man, real good.

Bruddah, I miss that garage! ! !
            That garage and the full fridge along with the liquor cabinet is waiting on you....................You remember the way over right? And your always welcome, whether I'm home or not.
            Herd Member #87
            US Navy Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by wndchsr View Post
              I have a short video but not sure how to upload to the forum.
              YouTube is the best then placed the link inside the [VIDEO]inser link here{/V IDEO]
              2010 FLHX - Street Glide
              HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

This thread is killing my retna's!
                Mark
                HERDSTER 204
                09 FLHR
                16 FLHTK

Comment

Originally posted by BaggerBum View Post
                  This thread is killing my retna's!
                  That is what it does to the people behind you Mark.
                  Herd Member #87
                  US Navy Veteran

Comment

Jeff do you know if BA makes a set to fill the gap between the saddlebags and fender? Harley does, but if BA is brighter...
                    Mark
                    HERDSTER 204
                    09 FLHR
                    16 FLHTK

Comment

Jeff do you know if BA makes a set to fill the gap between the saddlebags and fender? Harley does, but if BA is brighter...
                      As far as I know Mark they do not. The only makers I am aware of currently are Harley and Custom Dynamics. I am going to add those lights there myself, but I am going with the Harley offering in this one. The reviews I have read say that Custom Dynamics are a tad bit brighter but the Harley product is a much simpler installation so I'll probably go with Harley on this one.
                      Herd Member #87
                      US Navy Veteran

Comment

That's what I would consider since I do not have the center brake lights since it's a Street Glide. I did buy some bright Cadillac strips lights that work pretty good but if I could find something even brighter, I would replacement. Everything in the back and front of the bile is already LED.
                        2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                        HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post

That's what I would consider since I do not have the center brake lights since it's a Street Glide. I did buy some bright Cadillac strips lights that work pretty good but if I could find something even brighter, I would replacement. Everything in the back and front of the bile is already LED.

Save your money, you're buying a new bike, eh?

Mark
                          HERDSTER 204
                          09 FLHR
                          16 FLHTK

Comment

Nice!! I am going to see if they have tombstone lights. I've been wanting to do something different for a long time now and was thinking LED - this looks better. And I need something brighter on the Deluxe, for sure.
                            Kristy
                            Official HERD Member #00205

'16 Road Glide Special
                            '09 Softail Deluxe - Mojo

Comment

Looking through the site, I didn't see the Tombstone style light Kristy.
                              Herd Member #87
                              US Navy Veteran

Comment

Working...
                              X