Infotainment Media Port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infotainment Media Port

I thought this might be helpful for those that have a '14 and up touring model bike.

Typically you have one USB port you can plug a device into in the media port for the Infotainment system. I found a way to physically plug in multiple devices at the same time. Yes I know you can connect a device with bluetooth but if you need to plug in a thumb drive and a phone at the same time while charging the phone and using both for what ever reason, this'll work.

Total cost for both cables on Amazon was less that $12.

Your normal standard single USB plug.

I use this short iPhone cable for my phone, takes up very little room.

A USB thumb drive plugged in.

You can use this USB splitter to plug both these devices in at the same time.

And it doesn't take up so much room that you cant close the media center door with all the cables and two devices plugged in simultaneously.

Herd Member #87
    US Navy Veteran

What a great idea...Having a cord that split into 2, have you noticed a slight delay when charging a device? When I use a splitter for my phone and iPod on the bike, the phone takes for ever and ever and then some to charge.
    2010 FLHX - Street Glide
    HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

I have a another brand I purchased from a motor store at home and im going to install it when I get back to Tasmania...good idea, some will plug into your trickle charger port.

Comment

It may take slightly longer to charge but not long enough to be a problem.................May not work for some but works just fine for me.

I use the power port in the tour pak or an external battery to charge Michelle's phone. Have a dual outlet plug in the tour pak for her phone and anything else we need to charge.
        Herd Member #87
        US Navy Veteran

Comment

Clever idea Jeff.

I bought the battery tender "adapter" that converts to a USB and that's what I use as the phone charger. That eliminated my slow charging issue.

2010 FLHX - Street Glide
          HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
            Clever idea Jeff.

I bought the battery tender "adapter" that converts to a USB and that's what I use as the phone charger. That eliminated my slow charging issue.

That would have been a great find until this bike, they have the tender port hanging under the bike. May have to reroute it but 99% of the time I'm solo anyway so I just play music on the USB port and charge in the tour pack.
            2015 Limited

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner View Post

That would have been a great find until this bike, they have the tender port hanging under the bike. May have to reroute it but 99% of the time I'm solo anyway so I just play music on the USB port and charge in the tour pack.
              I rerouted mine. Was under the left side cover, rerouted it so that it hangs just above the transmission down that frame tube. It's easy access when I need it and easily tucked away so it's not in the way when I don't need it.
              Herd Member #87
              US Navy Veteran

Comment

good idea Jeff
                2018 Road Glide
                Member #00014

Comment

Working...
                X