Visionary 3/4 Helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visionary 3/4 Helmet

I have been wearing the Scorpion half helmet with the retractable visor..........Its a great helmet. It even does ok in a light rain.; However in a heavy rain, forget it cause it pretty much sucks in a real heavy rain. You'll get rain up inside the visor and on your glasses which makes it impossible to see. Plus the wind noise was starting to bother me more with the half helmet. So I was looking for another helmet..........Either a 3/4 or the modular. Based of recommendations I went with the 3/4 with a full shield. I purchased the Men's Visionary 3/4 helmet from Harley. It was priced at $160 and is worth twice that after my experience this past weekend. http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...ary-3-4-helmet We rode in a 30 minute torrential downpour and I and no trouble seeing at all..............The helmet was worth its weight in gold just for that reason only. The reduced ringing in my ears was a lso a nice bonus as well. The helmet is light weight considering its a 3/4 with a full shield. It also had a built in retractable tinted visor as well. You can also ride at speed with the full shield opened up and I didnt notice any detrimental effects from riding like that. I am very happy I purchased this helmet and would buy another one.......Probably will buy another one for Michelle.
    Attached Files
    Herd Member #87
    US Navy Veteran

looks like a good choice Jeff. I was thinking modular myself but they are so confining that I might like one like this better
    2018 Road Glide
    Member #00014

Comment

Thanks for the review, Jeff! I might try one next time I'm at the dealership!
      OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
      2014 FLHXS
      U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Hours View Post
        looks like a good choice Jeff. I was thinking modular myself but they are so confining that I might like one like this better
        I tried on a modular and felt like I lost some peripheral vision..............Didnt really have that issue with this one. One reason I didnt go with the modular cause I was looking at them first.

Originally posted by B-Man View Post
        Thanks for the review, Jeff! I might try one next time I'm at the dealership!
        They even had em in ghetto black...........LOL
        Herd Member #87
        US Navy Veteran

Comment

And the helmet looked good, even on Jeff.
          A.K.A. Chad
          Official Ear Tag #163
          Official Member Paracord Posse
          2012 FLHTK Ultra Limited
          "I talk a lot but don't say much, and I know it..."
          "If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog."

Comment

Is there a release button for the shield or is it a drag and drop type?
            2010 FLHX - Street Glide
            HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Originally posted by hockeydawg12 View Post
              And the helmet looked good, even on Jeff.
              :laughout:laughout
              Patti, HERD Georgia Girl #113

RubberDown/Double Secret Agent #19 and Ozzyrral #213...RIP
              We will ride again wndchsr...
              'If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.' - Katherine Hepburn

Comment

IMHO this type of helmet gives only marginally better protection than a half helmet. Of course if you never go down, well then it's of no consequence to you. If it's cold, wet or I'm on a long trip which involves mostly highway speeds then I'd be wearing my SNELL 2010 full face helmet -- my Shoei RF-1100 (replaced by the RF-1200) fits me very well and has great peripheral vision. At other times, especially on local/lower speed rides I like my half helmet and wear it with my WileyX prescription transition lenses, they have foam to seal them to your face and also great peripheral vision. For my ears I wear a good set of ear plugs (or at least I do when I remember to put them in) -- IMHO anyone riding should wear them regardless of the helmet -- hearing loss is gradual and permanent. That being said, Jeff -- that helmet looks nice too and is priced really well. It also would be very easy to add a Bluetooth headset to that helmet. Personally, I like to play my music for myself and not blare it at every other vehicle.

Comment

That's good to know Jeff. The only problem I have with riding in the rain is being able to see. Might be worth it just for that. I'll have to check one out next time I'm at the dealership.
                  x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x
                  HERD member #66
                  HS I Survivor
                  HS II Survivor
                  HS III Survivor
                  HS IV,V,VI wanted to go.....

Comment

I gotta say, it strikes the perfect balance of giving you most of the benefits of a modular helmet (excellent protection, reduced wind noise, great vision) but without the drawbacks (loss of peripheral vision). After seeing Jeff's, I want one for summer riding. I'm pretty much sold on my modular helmet for winter, but it is way too hot for summer. I think Jeff's helmet will serve him real well all year.
                    Ride EVERY CHANCE YOU GET. Father Time is undefeated.

Ride in Peace, Ricky "Rubberdown" Massey
                    Ride Forever Free, Larry Weaver
                    See you on the other side, Jeff.

Official HERD Member #00181

Comment

I personally don't like wearing the darn things, but I do have a 1/2 and a 3/4. My 3/4 is very similar to this in design and riding in rain, etc is exactly why I bought it. Plus the price was hard to beat.

Buy the GMax Women's GM67 Open Face Helmet at Motorcycle Superstore. Huge selection of GMax Women's Street Bike Helmets in stock at the lowest prices guaranteed.
                      Kristy
                      Official HERD Member #00205

'16 Road Glide Special
                      '09 Softail Deluxe - Mojo

Comment

I've looked for something like that specifically for rain protection. I have a HD Hybrid half helmet, and that thing has spoiled me being so lightweight, but it's not great for rain and the visor isn't retractable. Nice review, Jeff.

Comment

Originally posted by wndchsr View Post
                          They even had em in ghetto black...........LOL
                          Rock-On!! Definitely gettin' one! :)
                          OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
                          2014 FLHXS
                          U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyGirl65 View Post
                            I personally don't like wearing the darn things, but I do have a 1/2 and a 3/4. My 3/4 is very similar to this in design and riding in rain, etc is exactly why I bought it. Plus the price was hard to beat.
                            My wife has that exact same one!
                            Official HERD Member #00212
                            The only place one man's liberty should end is where mine begins.

Comment

Originally posted by Mittens View Post
                              My wife has that exact same one!
                              I have it in purple (of course, LOL). It's not bad - I don't love the wind on the face shield at highway speed, it rattles the helmet a bit, but it was a great deal and I love the integrated sun visor. Thinking about getting a 1/2 helmet with one.
                              Kristy
                              Official HERD Member #00205

'16 Road Glide Special
                              '09 Softail Deluxe - Mojo

Comment

Working...
                              X