No announcement yet.

New From Amsoil!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I changed all three fluids this past Friday evening. I have been running Formula Plus in the primary for quite some time and was happy with it..............But I do like the fact that I can go all Amsoil with everything. So far I have about 400 miles on the fluid change.So with that being said, I made the following changes and I despise change.

I put the V-Twin Synthetic Primary Fluid in the primary..............So far I think it falls in as being almost too close to call as being better or worse than the Formula Plus. But, I do like being all Amsoil in everything so I will more than likely stay with the V-Twin Synthetic Primary Fluid instead of the Formula Plus. Clutch feel was about the same, primary noise was roughly equal.............Might say that the initial first gear clunck "might" be ever so slightly less than with the Formula Plus. Its good but cant say its any better or worse than the Formula Plus but as I said I am happy being all Amsoil in everything so from that prospective I'll stay with the V-Twin Synthetic Primary Fluid.

I also used an oil filter from Amsoil as well instead of the factory OEM filter from Harley...............And yes Brian its chrome and not the ghetto black that some a@@ head keeps sending me in the mail. From what I can gather the oil filters that Harley uses are manufactured by Champion Labs and the filters Amsoil uses are manufactured by
    Hi-Flow who also makes the K&N oil filters. I have read better reviews on the Hi-Flow products and just hear that Champion Labs products are not up to par with everything else..............Kind of like that Syn 3 chit.

So there you have it.

Regarding the V-Twin Synthetic Transmission Fluid...................I am still a bit leery on trying it. The 75/140 may be too thick but I know I have well over 80K and probably close to 100K miles between tow bikes with the 75/140 with nothing but success so I am happy with it. Now the V-Twin Synthetic Transmission Fluid, I believe Brian said Amsoil told him it was equal to 75/110 so I just dont know about changing over to that.............Maybe this winter.

So take that for what ever its worth.

Herd Member #87
    US Navy Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by wndchsr;n1153470Regarding the [COLOR=#333333
      V-Twin Synthetic Transmission Fluid...................I am still a bit leery on trying it. The 75/140 may be too thick but I know I have well over 80K and probably close to 100K miles between tow bikes with the 75/140 with nothing but success so I am happy with it. Now the V-Twin Synthetic Transmission Fluid, I believe Brian said Amsoil told him it was equal to 75/110 so I just dont know about changing over to that.............Maybe this winter.

So take that for what ever its worth.
      [/COLOR]
      I actually just got off the phone with them and that it what they told me, 75/110. I just ordered my oil the new synthetic primary and transmission fluid. Will be changing them out in the next couple of weeks. I'll let you know what I think of the new transmission fluid. I had previously been running the 75/110 severe gear transmission lube. Figured since it was the same weight I'd give it a try.
      Josh
      Herd Member #00042
      2008 FLHTCU ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

R.I.P. Dad 1951-2015

Comment

its chrome and not the ghetto black that some a@@ head keeps sending me in the mail.
        Think I have another one to send you for 4th of July Celebration! :)
        OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
        2014 FLHXS
        U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleJ View Post

I actually just got off the phone with them and that it what they told me, 75/110. I just ordered my oil the new synthetic primary and transmission fluid. Will be changing them out in the next couple of weeks. I'll let you know what I think of the new transmission fluid. I had previously been running the 75/110 severe gear transmission lube. Figured since it was the same weight I'd give it a try.
          Bringing back an old thread as I get ready to do a full fluid change before Herdstock. Josh, you still running the V-Twin trans fluid from Amsoil? How did ya like it compared to the Severe Gear 75W110? I have run the Severe Gear since my first oil change on the bike. I started with the 75W90 but went up to the 75W110 after a couple trips to Ohio and some really hot highway runs. Been using that ever since.
          A.K.A. Chad
          Official Ear Tag #163
          Official Member Paracord Posse
          2012 FLHTK Ultra Limited
          "I talk a lot but don't say much, and I know it..."
          "If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog."

Comment

Originally posted by hockeydawg12 View Post

Bringing back an old thread as I get ready to do a full fluid change before Herdstock. Josh, you still running the V-Twin trans fluid from Amsoil? How did ya like it compared to the Severe Gear 75W110? I have run the Severe Gear since my first oil change on the bike. I started with the 75W90 but went up to the 75W110 after a couple trips to Ohio and some really hot highway runs. Been using that ever since.
            It's been just fine, I didn't really notice any difference between the v-twin trans fluid and the severe gear.
            Josh
            Herd Member #00042
            2008 FLHTCU ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

R.I.P. Dad 1951-2015

Comment

I used Amsoil at my 1000 mile service including the primary and transmission oils. So far only 1800 miles using the oils, but everything seems fine. Shifts might be quieter than before I switched.
              Bob

Official HERD Member #00230

Westchester County, NY
              '17 FLHXS Street Glide Special
              "Some men fish all their lives without knowing it is not really the fish that they are after" - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
              X