Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wanna Ride View Post

Frank - obvious scammer^^
    First time post, plants an online poker link in the post.
    Please delete and ban this new "member"/scammer.
    She's gone! The Banhammer got her!
    OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
    2014 FLHXS
    U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

I didn't even pay attention to the inner. Yeah, one of the reasons I thought I'd like a black bike better, was so I wouldn't have to tear off the inner and get it painted. Well, so much for that theory. I've had mine off and stripped down, no less than about eight times. From everything to stereo upgrades, to bar changes, gauge changes, you-name-it. And it's been painted twice to boot. But the looks of painted over stock makes it all worth it. And fortunately, my painter is a close personal friend of over thirty years. In fact, we're more like brothers, so he charges me almost nothing for painting anything.

But your winter project came out awesome, so get out there and enjoy it!
      Thanks. I have called on the kindness of friends at times for deals on services when upgrading the bike.. For example, the exhaust tips I have were chrome, but I had someone I know strip and powder coat them. I pay or return the favor with work they need help with. but just was not in the mood or have the time / money to strip the inner down this time. I like it and plan to ride the chit out of it. Maybe when I reach the point where I'm ready to update the engine somewhere down the road,I'll take the front apart and paint the inner......or maybe it will be another winter project in a year or two. Who knows.
      A.K.A. Chad
      Official Ear Tag #163
      Official Member Paracord Posse
      2012 FLHTK Ultra Limited
      "I talk a lot but don't say much, and I know it..."
      "If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog."

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Man View Post

Figured she was a fake...the only thing that threw me off was the "chicken-head" reference....only George (Pennsylvania) calls me that.
        A.K.A. Chad
        Official Ear Tag #163
        2012 FLHTK Ultra Limited

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeydawg12 View Post

Figured she was a fake...the only thing that threw me off was the "chicken-head" reference....only George (Pennsylvania) calls me that.
          Chicken-Head???.........I don't even call you that! What nerve she had!
          OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
          2014 FLHXS
          U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Man View Post

Good deal! I didn't think anything of it until I was reading and noticed the link was inserted. Then I saw it was the first post, and was like, "Oh no you di-n't!"
            Official HERD Member #00231

"Blue skies hanging over my head, I got five hundred miles to ride" - RVZ

Comment

Thanks. I have called on the kindness of friends at times for deals on services when upgrading the bike.. For example, the exhaust tips I have were chrome, but I had someone I know strip and powder coat them. I pay or return the favor with work they need help with. but just was not in the mood or have the time / money to strip the inner down this time. I like it and plan to ride the chit out of it. Maybe when I reach the point where I'm ready to update the engine somewhere down the road,I'll take the front apart and paint the inner......or maybe it will be another winter project in a year or two. Who knows.
              Understood completely!

I left mine unpainted for about a year, and then I noticed it was getting kinda'... chalky. That was about the time I was tearing out the crappy J&M stereo stuff, so I figured, ahh... what the hell.
              Official HERD Member #00231

"Blue skies hanging over my head, I got five hundred miles to ride" - RVZ

Comment

Good deal! I didn't think anything of it until I was reading and noticed the link was inserted. Then I saw it was the first post, and was like, "Oh no you di-n't!"
                Good catch! I ran her IP and email but nothing came up........dropped the hammer on her anyway!
                OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
                2014 FLHXS
                U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

Well, its done. Whenever it was warm enough that my little propane heater could warm up the garage, or even better, I could open the garage door, I tore down the front end for this winter's upgrades. I changed the handlebars from stock to Wild1 10" Chubby's with internal wiring; changed the front speakers from stock 5 1/2" to Harley 6 1/4"; and changed the clutch cable and front brake hose with Black Pearl braided.

So today, despite it being 29 when I left for work this morning, I made it the shakedown run. It is supposed to be 54 this afternoon, so it was worth the cold this morning to find out that everything works, WOOHOO, and the new bars are comfortable as hell on the highway!!!
                  I missed this Chad, bike looks great! Chubbies are comfy, eh? I like 'em.
                  Mark

Comment

• Chad...I may need to send you an upgraded light that I found in my garage about a month ago. If I can locate it, it is yours!
                    2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                    HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                      Chad...I may need to send you an upgraded light that I found in my garage about a month ago. If I can locate it, it is yours!
                      Light for what? I have the Fuel Moto LED bulbs in the headlight and the front spots. The only thing I might need to add is brighter rear brake light.
                      A.K.A. Chad
                      Official Ear Tag #163
                      2012 FLHTK Ultra Limited

Comment

Light for what? I have the Fuel Moto LED bulbs in the headlight and the front spots. The only thing I might need to add is brighter rear brake light.
                        Oh. I thought it looked like the stock headlight. In that case, I can get into the next project.
                        2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                        HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBoss View Post

Oh. I thought it looked like the stock headlight. In that case, I can get into the next project.
                          Stock headlight bucket with french trim ring. But its an LED bulb inside of there. But thank you for the offer. Appreciate it.
                          A.K.A. Chad
                          Official Ear Tag #163
                          2012 FLHTK Ultra Limited

Comment

Working...
                          X