I just got sick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got sick

Over at RG.Org , one of the guys posted a pic of a 71 Super Glide ( the first Big twin I owned , bought ca 1975 , still original ) that this guy at his dealer had "altered" ... Not far into it , someone posted this one for sale in Pa .

JtB

https://numberonecyclecenter.com/Cen...d-577bbe9a3fb4

OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #00232

that's a super clean ride!
    Josh
    Herd Member #00042
    2017 Road Glide Ultra

R.I.P. Dad 1951-2015

Comment

You had me worried for a moment....I thought you had to be quarantined but I can see where you got sick from looking at the first bike model you owned.
      2010 FLHX - Street Glide
      HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

First one of those I seen, I thought, WOW, I love that thing.
        There is a guy over at Billings, He had one, probably still does. He just let it set in his house. Put all the miles on His FLH.
        Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

71 was first year Super Glide and that one for sale and one I saw at Barbers are the only two I know of around .. Was my third HD but first big twin

JtB

Comment

I had an ‘09 SuperGlide for awhile, I really miss that bike!
            Bob

Official HERD Member #00230

Old Saybrook, CT
            '17 FLHXS Street Glide Special

Comment

I love the Super Glide , crying shame they dropped it .. Almost got a FXRT when they came out but didnt want to get rid of the Tour Glide , a touring Super Glide would be awesome ..

JtB

Comment

Jack! That's beautiful!

When I was still living at home, our next door neighbor bought one. He didn't even have a garage. (We didn't either) And that bike sat out in the rain and even snow and just fell apart.

If I remember right, this was the bike Willie G. made his bones with.

~~

I bought my 2000 FXD Superglide at a dealer in Ann Arbor, MI in 2006. I live in Indiana and was running back & forth to Auburn Hills every week doing a design job, and the H-D dealer was right on the highway. They had come out with a 35th anni Superglide that year and had several in the dealership. And although it was just paint and decal treatment, they always caught my eye.

PFFT PFFT PFFT PFFT PFFT

2001 FXDX Superglide Sport. More horses than a feller would want

Official HERD Member #00192

"What, me worry?" Alfred E. Neuman

Comment

dealer here had a 35th for sale a couple years ago , shudda snagged it ..

JtB

Comment

This bike is only 2 hours down the road, through some pretty country...I just might have to roll on down there and take it for a test ride....but I ain't paying $27K for it!

If'nn ya ever get to Bloomsburg, PA look up Ray Vreeland at Vreelands HD, he has a nice collection of oldie Harleys. On September 19 they have their "Flashback Day", a bike show of pre-2000 rides, Ray brings out his collection. Good food too!

A link for details on the bike above: http://www.ironhorsehotrodsandcycles...n-fx-2c12076hi

And a linnk for all their classic bikes for sale: http://www.ironhorsehotrodsandcycles...ic-motorcycles

Last edited by BaggerBum; 07-30-2020, 01:57 PM.
                    Mark

Comment

Some nice stuff and mighty proud of them too , 100 for the Vincent !!

JtB

Comment

Originally posted by BaggerBum View Post
                        This bike is only 2 hours down the road, through some pretty country...I just might have to roll on down there and take it for a test ride....but I ain't paying $27K for it!

If'nn ya ever get to Bloomsburg, PA look up Ray Vreeland at Vreelands HD, he has a nice collection of oldie Harleys. On September 19 they have their "Flashback Day", a bike show of pre-2000 rides, Ray brings out his collection. Good food too!

A link for details on the bike above: http://www.ironhorsehotrodsandcycles...n-fx-2c12076hi

And a linnk for all their classic bikes for sale: http://www.ironhorsehotrodsandcycles...ic-motorcycles
                        Man a live, there is some nice iron in there that is for sale.
                        Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

yes there is
                          2018 Road Glide
                          Member #00014

Comment

Beautiful Bikes in that line up! It’d be worth a ride to see the show
                            Bob

Official HERD Member #00230

Old Saybrook, CT
                            '17 FLHXS Street Glide Special

Comment

Working...
                            X