X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LilJo
    started a topic No more Dyna family

No more Dyna family

I see where the 2018 Fat Bob is now a softail. It appears there is no more Dyna family in the Harley tribe.

The Fat Bob comes with either the new Milwaukee 8 107" OR the optional 114". Can't wait to ride one. But I can tell you what I CAN wait for! Buying one.

Satisfied with what I have. Everytime I think I want a new motorcycle, I change tires and have one.

• outriderone
    replied
    Originally posted by LilJo View Post
    And make 'em scary powerful, so after the Millenial buys one and it frightens him, we can sell low mileage used ones to what's left of them old farts still kickin'."
    Now that's funny

Leave a comment:

• outriderone
    replied
    Originally posted by wndchsr View Post
    Harley has to do something to draw in more buyers, I get that and I 'm glad they're working on keeping the brand alive and kicking....................So dont think I'm bashing on em too bad for trying to stay marketable.

The new bikes they have may not be my style but I'll still support the brand and spend my money in their stores............I just bought a new FXRG jacket that cost more than my first car.
    So you got it

Leave a comment:

• outriderone
    replied
    Originally posted by DoubleJ View Post

what do you not like about the new ones? I'm not a big fan of the new Heritage either, mainly due to the fact there's no chrome on them. I for one don't like all of the "darker styling". I like my chrome and think they're making a mistake leaving it off of some of their models. Take the Road King special for instance, I think that would be much better with chrome and not blacked out, at least give people the option to choose.
    The only thing special about the special is the dark styling. The standard Roadking has the same engine and all the chrome plus a windshield and is $1000 cheaper. And it runs fast

Leave a comment:

• MrMarty51
    replied
    Originally posted by Ironhead View Post
    I stopped looking at new bikes when a Sportster started costing as much as my first house
    YUP, that stopped Me too. I dont even look at the used bikes at the Harley dealers any mor, just more than I can afford and whats the sense in looking if I dont have any intentions of buying, just makes a big hole through My heart.

Leave a comment:

• Firenailer
    replied
    That's the truth, they ain't bashful about the prices they get for these things!

Leave a comment:

• Ironhead
    replied
    I stopped looking at new bikes when a Sportster started costing as much as my first house

Leave a comment:

• RoadKing
    replied
    I stopped looking at new bikes when I read that a properly maintained Harley will last at least a million miles

Leave a comment:

• Nabubba
    replied
    On the surface it may seem as if the Run a line is dead but Harley has done similar things before with certain models. So this may just be a revap of the Dynas for an even better performance line.

All the comments that I have read in different places sounds like what I heard people say when in was a kid about the Evo platform.

Leave a comment:

• HarleyGirl65
    replied
    I have mixed feelings about combining the Dyna line with the Softails. As far as the Softail models - I spent some time on the website looking at the new Deluxe, and while I'm intrigued by the performance improvements I just don't care for the styling cues. The turn signals look like ass. The seat height is an inch and a half (or more) higher. And the color choices don't do a thing for me either. But I'll still go ride one at demo days and try to give it a fair shot. Honestly, though? With the increase in price on top of all those other things, unless it blows my socks off I'll keep riding my '09 and save for a Glide. Or maybe I'll just ride it until the wheels fall off and get a new truck or something. :)

Leave a comment:

• hockeydawg12
    replied
    Originally posted by DoubleJ View Post

Man, that is the truth, but there ain't a thing wrong with that lol! I love finding deals like that. My 08 was 5 years used when I bought it, and only had 17k on it. I'm well over 60k on it now, I wouldn't be able to sell it to just anyone at this point because of the mileage. I sure do like the idea of other people not riding their bikes because it gives me a good used bike with like new mileage

Without a doubt. As much as I have loved my Limited since I bought it new in 2012, I'm gonna find it hard to stomach the cost of a new Limited or CVO if that time ever comes. I'll probably be looking for a garage queen from the far gone 2015-2016 era.

I know there are power junkies out there who want more power and more torque and more speed. But I have to say, knock on wood, my old 103 engine has not given me any power troubles even riding fully loaded, 2-up. I don't see the need to go 114, 120, etc. etc. etc....but that's just me.

Leave a comment:

• DoubleJ
    replied

Originally posted by LilJo View Post
    so after the Millenial buys one and it frightens him, we can sell low mileage used ones to what's left of them old farts still kickin'."
    Man, that is the truth, but there ain't a thing wrong with that lol! I love finding deals like that. My 08 was 5 years used when I bought it, and only had 17k on it. I'm well over 60k on it now, I wouldn't be able to sell it to just anyone at this point because of the mileage. I sure do like the idea of other people not riding their bikes because it gives me a good used bike with like new mileage

Leave a comment:

• LilJo
    replied
    Looking through the lineup, I'm with y'all. The Heritage has lost its heritage. I don't like the finish on any of 'em. Still can't wait to flog one at first opportunity when there is one of those big test ride days. I'll probably go to Rogers, AR to the dealership there sometime. Be fun to test one from Rogers to Eureka Springs and back on the NEWLY AND PERFECTLY PAVED Highway 62. We'll find out if they turn or not.

As far as figuring out the Millenials, I know I'll never do it. Yes, I know all these things HD is doing are an attempt to woo a new generation of riders, but these kids seem an awful long way off from bikers to me. Long way off.

I think all the changes I'm seeing in this lineup are the result of shot-callers telling engineers, "Cut costs everywhere. Cut weight, too, and do whatever you can to eliminate that HD feel. Make sure the ride is cushy so girlfriends can comfortably tweet and facebook, etc. while boyfriend navigates the Dragon. And make 'em scary powerful, so after the Millenial buys one and it frightens him, we can sell low mileage used ones to what's left of them old farts still kickin'."

Leave a comment:

• RoadKing
    replied
    Has anyone taken a look at the price tag on a CVO Ultra lately? My dad paid less than half of one for the house I grew up in. And I'm pretty sure that out the door it's pretty close to the median income of an American Family.

Leave a comment:

• BaggerBum
    replied
    We are yaking about the new 2018 models and local dealers are still trying to sell leftover 16's.

And yeah, the new Heritage, lost it's heritage. Bottom line, they cut cost out of producing it while raising the retail.

Hey, whatever. Just so folks get out and RIDE.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X