No more Dyna family

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more Dyna family

I see where the 2018 Fat Bob is now a softail. It appears there is no more Dyna family in the Harley tribe.

The Fat Bob comes with either the new Milwaukee 8 107" OR the optional 114". Can't wait to ride one. But I can tell you what I CAN wait for! Buying one.

Satisfied with what I have. Everytime I think I want a new motorcycle, I change tires and have one.
    Ride EVERY CHANCE YOU GET. Father Time is undefeated.

Love to Ride, Ride to Live, Live to Love
    Ride in Peace, Ricky "Rubberdown" Massey
    Ride Forever Free, Larry Weaver

Official HERD Member #00181

Wow that is disappointing. My first and second HD's were Wide Glides.
    Joe the One Antlered Moose
    Herd member number 00098
    Combat Vets Motorcycle Association # 19938

Comment

And all the softails appear to have the monoshock...WTF? A "Low Rider" softail...WTF? A Sporty Custom with tires as big around as your Aunt Hilda...WTF? And "darker" styling, meaning we took the cheap finishing way out to cut costs and add to profit...WT...I get that, they need money and targeting the kids with the new styles they can get away with it.

I think the desirability and value of my Softail Deuce just went up, LOL.

Seen a Victory touring bike up close at lunch at Wendy's, first time for me I really looked at one. Fit and finish is nice. A bit spacey looking but build quality looks good.
      Mark
      HERDster #204

Comment

Mark....you said "Victory."

Comment

Originally posted by LilJo View Post
          Mark....you said "Victory."
          Ya know when a brand is wavering from it's core customer base when those diehard customers even mention the competition, let alone comment favorably on them.

KevPal, I got me a Deuce, a Road King and a nearly new Limited...I ain't going nowhere other than Harley.... 'cause I'M BROKE, Brother! In the family, we got 2 Sporties, 2 Fat Boy's, 1 CVO Ultra, 1 regular Ultra and variety of Shovels in various stages of disassembly, 1 nearly complete chop. And a '73 Honda CB350. Plus my stable of HD's.

We can't afford to switch brands, 'cause we would have to buy new T-Shirts...

Last edited by BaggerBum; 08-23-2017, 03:40 PM.
          Mark
          HERDster #204

Comment

Victory is no more...not making bikes now that Polaris has Indian. I guess they decided they had too many irons in the fire and had to cut something out.

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2017/...eceived-by-md/
            Josh
            Herd Member #00042
            2008 FLHTCU ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

R.I.P. Dad 1951-2015

Comment

I used to have a Heritage Classic and loved that old bike..............the new Heritage Classic is beyond fugly.
              Herd Member #87
              US Navy Veteran

Comment

I'm not too sure about the monoshock on the softails, I had one of my shock break on my old fatboy and I was able to keep riding on to the dealer to get it fixed. Can't imagine what would have happened if I had only one shock. I don't like the fact they got rid of the Dyna family either.

I do like the fact that softails come with the 107 stock, I'd sure like to try out a 107 or 114 FatBoy lol. Also glad they brought back the road glide ultra since that's probably the next bike I'll get, hopefully in the next 3 years or so.
                Josh
                Herd Member #00042
                2008 FLHTCU ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

R.I.P. Dad 1951-2015

Comment

Originally posted by wndchsr View Post
                  I used to have a Heritage Classic and loved that old bike..............the new Heritage Classic is beyond fugly.
                  what do you not like about the new ones? I'm not a big fan of the new Heritage either, mainly due to the fact there's no chrome on them. I for one don't like all of the "darker styling". I like my chrome and think they're making a mistake leaving it off of some of their models. Take the Road King special for instance, I think that would be much better with chrome and not blacked out, at least give people the option to choose.
                  Josh
                  Herd Member #00042
                  2008 FLHTCU ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

R.I.P. Dad 1951-2015

Comment

Josh, do ya think bikes will still run on gas in 3 years.....
                    Mark
                    HERDster #204

Comment

Originally posted by BaggerBum View Post
                      Josh, do ya think bikes will still run on gas in 3 years.....
                      God, I hope so...I'll be buying used if not lol.
                      Josh
                      Herd Member #00042
                      2008 FLHTCU ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

R.I.P. Dad 1951-2015

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleJ View Post
                        Victory is no more...not making bikes now that Polaris has Indian. I guess they decided they had too many irons in the fire and had to cut something out.

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2017/...eceived-by-md/
                        JoshSquatch~ you said Victory...

Comment

Not that I would buy one but I did love my Wideglide too.
                          x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x
                          HERD member #66
                          HS I Survivor
                          HS II Survivor
                          HS III Survivor
                          HS IV,V,VI wanted to go.....

Comment

Originally posted by wndchsr View Post
                            Don't know if I'd go that far...but I'm not overly impressed with the look. Taking chrome away from an old school, classic bike doesn't cut it for me.

The molded headlight look on the Fat Boy doesn't really do it for me either. I like the big, round, classic headlight the Fat Boy always had. And the rear fender with the semi-bobbed look and taillight underneath......no thanks.

Same goes on the Fat Bob. That futuristic headlight doesn't work for me.

But I understand they have to do something to try to get the younger generation to start buying bikes or they are gonna die a slow painful death.
                            Last edited by hockeydawg12; 08-23-2017, 05:25 PM.
                            A.K.A. Chad
                            Official Ear Tag #163
                            Official Member Paracord Posse
                            2012 FLHTK Ultra Limited
                            "I talk a lot but don't say much, and I know it..."
                            "If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog."

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleJ View Post

what do you not like about the new ones? I'm not a big fan of the new Heritage either, mainly due to the fact there's no chrome on them. I for one don't like all of the "darker styling". I like my chrome and think they're making a mistake leaving it off of some of their models. Take the Road King special for instance, I think that would be much better with chrome and not blacked out, at least give people the option to choose.
                              A Heritage Classic is supposed to look like the old Glides and is a chrome whore form the factory..............Just the way I think its supposed to be. The RK Special is just hideous but thats another story.

They never called and asked my advice anyway...............So there is that.
                              Herd Member #87
                              US Navy Veteran

Comment

Working...
                              X