Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harley "Air Temperature" Gauge

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    yep, that thing is a POS......mine is pegged at 100* ALL the time...POS....im lookin at some oil temp guages.............POS ambient air temp..........POS,WTF
    Twenty First Herdster
    * When Its All Said And Done, Will You Have Said More Than You Have Done?
    ** How Old Would You Be If You Didnt Know How Old You Where?
    99 FLSTF
    03 FLHTCI

    Comment


    • #17
      The best air temp guage is,When in the shade and the breeze flowing over Your bare skin feels warm,You then know it is over 100* F.
      Ear Tag no. 00030

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by toorglide View Post
        yep, that thing is a POS......mine is pegged at 100* ALL the time...POS....im lookin at some oil temp guages.............POS ambient air temp..........POS,WTF
        Tell me how you really feel Sparkie....lol
        .
        2010 FLHX - Street Glide
        HERD MEMBER #00003

        Comment


        • #19
          Hell,,Pull the thang out an jam a bottle opener in the hole,,,,,,thats useful

          Comment


          • #20
            Buddy of mine emailed the MOCO about the time frame for an oil temp gauge for the new Ultra Limited...this was the response:
            Thank you for your message.
            Harley-Davidson policy prohibits discussing anything involving upcoming products. As such, we are not able to confirm or deny whether or not a product will be considered at some point in the future.
            Thank you for contacting Harley-Davidson.
            H-D Idea Submissions
            John
            Herd member #20
            2005 Ultra Classic
            Does my Heaven burn like Hell on you?
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by elPrez View Post
              Buddy of mine emailed the MOCO about the time frame for an oil temp gauge for the new Ultra Limited...this was the response:
              Thank you for your message.
              Harley-Davidson policy prohibits discussing anything involving upcoming products. As such, we are not able to confirm or deny whether or not a product will be considered at some point in the future.
              Thank you for contacting Harley-Davidson.
              H-D Idea Submissions

              So help me to understand this.. they have people who view "HD Idea Submissions" and their sole job is to tell people that they do not accept ideas?

              thats just genius!

              not..
              HERD MEMBER #00028
              http://treadonthis.blogspot.com
              How about STFU and have a glass of MOO
              Member of the Moo Ton Crew- Ain't no Atheists at 100 up!!!

              Comment


              • #22
                They probably have some clerk in the mailroom monitoring the incoming cue of ideas and let them reply back with a vague and generic answer.
                .
                2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                HERD MEMBER #00003

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by axxell33 View Post
                  So help me to understand this.. they have people who view "HD Idea Submissions" and their sole job is to tell people that they do not accept ideas?

                  thats just genius!

                  not..
                  Wonder how stress less that job is?

                  I would go with the Oil Temp Gauge Boss.
                  Herd Member #87
                  US Navy Veteran

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by axxell33 View Post
                    So help me to understand this.. they have people who view "HD Idea Submissions" and their sole job is to tell people that they do not accept ideas?

                    thats just genius!

                    not..
                    Where do I send my resume'?
                    Jeff
                    09 FLHRCI
                    Herd Member #00045

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                      What is the use of it specially down South where the temperature can reach 100 degrees?
                      When I picked up my bike, the guy at the dealership pointed out the guage to me, stressing that it read the outdoor air temperature. I was nice and said "Oh yea, how about that" but I was thinking, "Dumba$$, I already know it's cold out, why do I need a gauge to tell me". I really think it was a cheap way to plug the hole in the dash, and balance it out. Oil temp sounds like a good upgrade to me.
                      "The road goes on forever, and the party never ends" (Robert Earl Keen)
                      Dave
                      Celina, OH
                      Official HERD Member #00158
                      2012 Road Glide Ultra, Big Blue Pearl.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Pappy View Post
                        When I picked up my bike, the guy at the dealership pointed out the guage to me, stressing that it read the outdoor air temperature. I was nice and said "Oh yea, how about that" but I was thinking, "Dumba$$, I already know it's cold out, why do I need a gauge to tell me". I really think it was a cheap way to plug the hole in the dash, and balance it out. Oil temp sounds like a good upgrade to me.
                        Yep that gauge is a waste of money if you ask me. If you need a gauge to tell you its cold out you do not need to be on the bike. I upgraded to the oil temp gauge, and if I may make a suggestion if you are planning on putting an oil cooler on your bike, do them both at the same time.
                        HERD # 00075
                        08 Stage II 103 Ultra Classic
                        USMC Veteran

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by vlade View Post
                          I think they had to balance out the dash with that hole and the temp was the cheapest thing they could put in it. it attempts, I think, to give you a temp not affected by airflow or sun heating the fairing. Have noted if your freezing yur ass off, that knowing how cold it "really is" dosnt help much. visa versa heat.
                          This is what a sales droid told me. Needed something to put there and it was easier (cheaper) than an oil temp gage.
                          Tommy
                          HERD Member #141


                          "To ride, or not to ride... THAT is a stupid question!"

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by DevilDogBagger View Post
                            Yep that gauge is a waste of money if you ask me. If you need a gauge to tell you its cold out you do not need to be on the bike. I upgraded to the oil temp gauge, and if I may make a suggestion if you are planning on putting an oil cooler on your bike, do them both at the same time.
                            I had the dealer pull the air temp and put in an oil temp gauge also!!
                            OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
                            2014 FLHXS
                            U.S. NAVY Veteran

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Pappy that sure is a good lookin sled you got there, throw up some pics and give us an eyeball .
                              Appalachian Redneck

                              "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used and worn out, loudly proclaiming, "WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!!!"

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Dixiecrat View Post
                                Pappy that sure is a good lookin sled you got there, throw up some pics and give us an eyeball .
                                They're in the Pappy's New Ride thread right here:

                                Pappy's New Ride

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X