Foot peg location.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foot peg location.

I am trying to figure out where the foot peg would go, or how to attach it on the old FX. The left side is easy, they have a hole in the bracket. But the right side has me a little confused. In the picture below, there are 2 bolts that hold the rear M/C to the bracket. If I run a string straight across from the left side peg, it leads to the front bolt hols. So that makes me believe that's where the peg goes. But looking for the last few days, I cannot find any hardware, adapters or brackets to attach the peg. I can't even find any pictures of the cheap foward controls that are on the bike. The bike had floor boards on it before, using plumbing parts to hold them to the frame. Has anyone ever run into this?
    Attached Files
    Justin, HERD member 00016
    97 Fatboy

I`ll take a look at Mine 76 in the moooornin and see how it is done,It`s dark in the shed and a heck of a thunderstorm a goin on or else I`d geter tonight for You.
    Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarty51 View Post
      I`ll take a look at Mine 76 in the moooornin and see how it is done,It`s dark in the shed and a heck of a thunderstorm a goin on or else I`d geter tonight for You.
      That's cool, I just got home and don't feel like working on it tonight due to the puddle of oil under it that welcomed me. So it looks like I have bigger fish to fry tomorrow. Thanks again.
      97 Fatboy

Comment

Auto ?
        Am I crazy, or is that front tire backward ?
        Dunlop ?? that tread pattern looks reversed to me. Then again, I may be crazy. I have been before...LOL !!

Cant tell on the back.....
        U.S. Army "Retired"
        (Disabled Veteran)

Comment

Foot peg is mounted with a bolt coming in from frame side,through the bracket and is not bolted directly to the frame.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	002..JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	979400

Name:	003..JPG
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	979399

Name:	001..JPG
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	979398
          Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

Originally posted by gruss View Post
            Auto ?
            Dunlop ?? that tread pattern looks reversed to me. Then again, I may be crazy. I have been before...LOL !!

Back has the grooves runnin the same direction as the front,they should be a arrow pointing in direction of rotation,if no arrow then they can go on whichever ways.
            Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

Originally posted by gruss View Post
              Auto ?

That's what I thought too, but the arrow faces foward. I checked my bike also, it is the same direction. It wouldn't suprise me if the arrow was molded in backwards, that's how everything has been going lately. LOL.
              97 Fatboy

Comment

Thanks for the pics Marty, we are going to order new foward controls. These just will not work on this bike without floor boards. I could install pegs, but my Brother-in-law wouldn't be able to reach them. I could though, LOL.
                97 Fatboy

Comment

A problem of Your B.I.L. should`nt be a problem of Yours.
                  Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarty51 View Post
                    A problem of Your B.I.L. should`nt be a problem of Yours.
                    That's what I told him. I offered to keep the bike in my garage until he grows into it, but he didn't laugh. LOL.
                    97 Fatboy

Comment

Originally posted by autotec View Post
                      That's what I told him. I offered to keep the bike in my garage until he grows into it, but he didn't laugh. LOL.
                      No sense a humor huh.:smoke:laughout:laughout:laughout
                      Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

I'm pretty sure he was drunk. He mentioned something about walking down the street in Sturgis with a beer in his hand. I'll ask him again tomorrow. LOL.
                        97 Fatboy

Comment

Working...
                        X