LCD Oil Temp Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD Oil Temp Gauge

The HD dealer gave me one of those LCD oil temp gauges for the RoadGlide. Temps are running 250-260deg according to the gauge! While the wifee was at work today, boiled some water and placed her candy thermometer in and read about 198deg.........put the HD oil temp gauge in and it read about 218deg...........looks like I'm running cooler than I thought! Thought I'd put this out for others who have this gauge!!
    OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
    2014 FLHXS
    U.S. NAVY Veteran

That's good news. I'm thinking about getting one for mine. If I do I will be sure to check it before install. Thanks.
    2010 Ultra Limited/Merlot/Cherry
    Official HERD Member #00134

Comment

I have one, untested, was wondering how accurate it was. Now I will have to test.
      Those who say it can't be done should get in the way of those doing it.
      Patriot Guard Riders # 209,359
      Official HERD Member #00139

Comment

Water boils at 212*
        Official Member #00149
        2 Stinking Trikes, '09 % '11
        Social Security and Medicare
        Qualified! 65 and still riding
        Official Bona fide Geezer

Comment

Originally posted by screwball View Post
          Water boils at 212*
          I bet if tested with a third device it would get a different readying. The sad thing with temerature is that it's difficult to get an accurate reading. I use a hand held device and the Mrs. electronic cooking OVEN probe and they both have different readings. So, I average it out.
          2010 FLHX - Street Glide
          HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

I had one of those on my last bike, and on the new bike I am going to change out the ambient temp. gauge to an oil temp. gauge, I wonder how accurate those are.
            Dale
            Official HERD Member #00145
            Keep The Rubber Side Down

Comment

Brian I dont think the candy thermo is spot on accurate either. If you really want to know get you a laser temperature gun. You could also put the digital thermo in the pot of water and watch it, as water does boil at 212 degress so see whatr it reads when the water starts to boil.
              Herd Member #87
              US Navy Veteran

Comment

good idea Jeff. when the water boils, take the number down and adjust from there. good idea....science is great
                Twenty First Herdster
                * When Its All Said And Done, Will You Have Said More Than You Have Done?
                ** How Old Would You Be If You Didnt Know How Old You Where?
                99 FLSTF
                03 FLHTCI

Comment

Herd Member #87
                  US Navy Veteran

Comment

technically water boils at 212 degrees at sea level, it may boil at 198 degrees in the mountains where the air is thinner....just saying.......:) just trying to be a smart ass
                    Official HERD Member #00144
                    Sponsored by: Rainrider

Comment

Originally posted by wndchsr View Post
                      Brian I dont think the candy thermo is spot on accurate either. If you really want to know get you a laser temperature gun. You could also put the digital thermo in the pot of water and watch it, as water does boil at 212 degress so see whatr it reads when the water starts to boil.
                      have to get me one of those laser-do-hickies!!!!!:)
                      OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
                      2014 FLHXS
                      U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                        I was tested with a third device it would get a different readying. The sad thing with temerature is that it's difficult to get an accurate reading. I use a hand held device and the Mrs. electronic ANAL probe and they both have different readings. So, I average out.
                        Fixed it
                        THE NEGATIVE ONE no better don't click
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1422579428
                        How's my Spelin, CALL 1-800-BOSS to report my bad spelizin

Comment

Originally posted by Bricks View Post
                          technically water boils at 212 degrees at sea level, it may boil at 198 degrees in the mountains where the air is thinner....just saying.......:) just trying to be a smart ass
                          And what if you added some salt to the water? Did you add salt? huh? did ya?
                          It's not "derailed", as long as the last post relates to the post above it...it's just on a different rail, heading into a more interesting direction

Comment

wifee went to work so gonna use her other thermometer to see what it says!!! Next time she makes X-mas candy there might be a synthetic taste to her peanut brittle!!:):)
                            OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
                            2014 FLHXS
                            U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by BrianS View Post
                              wifee went to work so gonna use her other thermometer to see what it says!!! Next time she makes X-mas candy there might be a synthetic taste to her peanut brittle!!:):)
                              that'll be yur asz
                              THE NEGATIVE ONE no better don't click
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1422579428
                              How's my Spelin, CALL 1-800-BOSS to report my bad spelizin

Comment

Working...
                              X