Do You Carry A Tire Repair Kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Carry A Tire Repair Kit?

Just wondering if this was something I should add to my saddle bags? I have spoke rims on my 09 RK Classic so I assume I need a Tube Repair Kit like this one from J & P.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/2170...&Ntk=All&Nao=0
    Jeff
    09 FLHRCI
    Herd Member #00045

Yes I do, hope I never have to use it on mine but it may help someone else. Mine tubeless
    Those who say it can't be done should get in the way of those doing it.
    Patriot Guard Riders # 209,359
    Official HERD Member #00139

Comment

its always a good to carry one.. someone may need it you ride with.
      i have road side servive for these problems,and tire wheel warrenty.personally i wouldnt patch a tube
      the last tire that blew also took out the tube..it was replaced for free including pick up and delivery of the bike
      my tire/wheel warrenty is good for 7 years and isnt limited to one blow out..also if the wheel is damaged at the same time its also replaced free of charge..
      now your wondering cost well its $350.00 for 7 years thats $4.20 per month imo well worth it
      09 Softail Springer FLSTFBT "AKA" Heritage Fatbones Touring
      www.youtube.com/user/bcvtwin?feature=mhee

herd #148

Comment

I carry one of the slime tire repair kits with the pump. I also have plugs and stuff packed in with it.
        HERD # 00075
        08 Stage II 103 Ultra Classic
        USMC Veteran

Comment

I don't carry anything for tires but I really should. I also have plugs in the garage but no portable pump or compressed air cylinders!
          Better be prepared than sorry.
          2010 FLHX - Street Glide
          HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

This is the kit that I carry, its small and fits in my tool bag that I carry in the left saddle bag.

HERD # 00075
            USMC Veteran

Comment

Tubeless tire riders can carry a plug kit. It works in an emergency to get you home or a dealer/Indie for a repair or tire.

Tube tire riders should carry a cell phone. Plain and simple. You;re not going to or be capable of dismounting and repairing a tire on a modern bike on the side of the road, unless you have a bunch of tools, friends and a shitload of motivation.....and some friends....and tools.......
              Last edited by Dave63; 07-21-2010, 07:07 PM.
              **Note: The technical info I provide is suggestive. I am not a perfeshunel.

"No two motorcycles should be the same. Your bike should be based on your creativity, and whatever's going on in your life at that time..." Jesse James

HERD Member #10

Comment

I carry a plug kit and slime compressor.
                2010 Ultra Limited/Merlot/Cherry
                Official HERD Member #00134

Comment

Originally posted by Dave63 View Post
                  Tubeless tire riders can carry a plug kit. It works in an amergency to get you home or a dealer/Indie for a repair or tire.

Tube tire riders should carry a cell phone. Plain and simple. You;re not going to or be capable of dismounting and repairing a tire on a modern bike on the side of the road, unless you have a bunch of tools, friends and a shitload of motivation.....and some friends....and tools.......
                  And a lot of blocks of wood.

Sometimes them fix a flat in a can can get Ya to a repair station but Mine experiences with flats on a motorcicle is by the time Ya get stopped the tubes destroyed anyways unless it just goes flat while Ya be settin there.
                  Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

Emergency....E-mergency. An Amergency only happens in America...
                    **Note: The technical info I provide is suggestive. I am not a perfeshunel.

"No two motorcycles should be the same. Your bike should be based on your creativity, and whatever's going on in your life at that time..." Jesse James

HERD Member #10

Comment

Originally posted by DevilDogBagger View Post
                      This is the kit that I carry, its small and fits in my tool bag that I carry in the left saddle bag.

Dave, what kind of psi can that little pump produce...im running 42lbs on the glide per the tire manufacturer
                      Twenty First Herdster
                      * When Its All Said And Done, Will You Have Said More Than You Have Done?
                      ** How Old Would You Be If You Didnt Know How Old You Where?
                      99 FLSTF
                      03 FLHTCI

Comment

Brings up a a slightly different question. When I went on the Ride to the Wall last month a guy had a battery operated air compressor that looked like a cordless drill. Apparently you can set the pressure that you want and just let 'er rip and it shuts off when the pressure is reached. Has anyone seen this and/or know where to get one?
                        Bud
                        HERD Member #84

(Guardian bell from hockeydawg12 and his wife, Jean!)

Comment

It will get there, but it will take some time..... But for what I would be using it for.... when I am on the side of the road, if it gets it above 30psi would be enough to get you home or to a dealer for repairs.... But It will get to 42 as I used it to try and help a guy on the side of the road with a tube tire flat, but unfortunately the tire would not hold air.
                          HERD # 00075
                          USMC Veteran

Comment

I don't but probably should considering I had a rear tire blow out on me a couple years ago while riding. Maybe someday I will learn my lesson.
                            Dale
                            Official HERD Member #00145
                            Keep The Rubber Side Down

Comment

i carry my AAA card and a cell phone.. i figure if i have a tire problem on the road its best to let some one take my bike to where it needs to go than to take a chance
                              Official HERD Member #142
                              2003 VRSCA

Comment

Working...
                              X