Front end modification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front end modification

Well, I'm getting geared up for a front end, (fork area) modification and I'm looking for info....The Bagger Train has the Night Train wideglide 41mm front end modified to dual disc brakes with Pro 1 lowers....

I want to change out my lower triple tree mount so that I can put a quick detach fairing on like on a RK, etc....and install the "beer cans" to cover up the fork tubes....etc....a friend of mine handed me a lower the other day, but it is reversed as the fork tubes hang to the rear of the pivot bolt. I looked at a Fatboy unit but the fork tubes are around 9" on center...mine are around 10"...now I've been told maybe a Heritage Softail unit might work...

I'm going to have to fabricate my own beer cans as the factory ones are about 2 1/2" too short to cover up my tubes...will be easy, I'll use the top mounting plates and fabricate new longer tubes...When I'm done I'll have the parts black powdercoated to match the lowers....

Any ideas or help with measurements, or ideas on which lower tree will bolt up would be much appreciated....here's a pic of my scoot showing the front end now.....am also going to change out the 2.15" wide front 21" rim for a 3+ " in a 21" so that I can step up from a 90mm to a 120mm front tire....going to use the same dual disc center hub and lace it with black spokes....
    Attached Files
    Lee....... If ya ain't the lead dog... the view never changes....

Can weld anything but a broken heart

......It's a rebar thing.....
    HERD member # 00015

and....I'm sure Dave & I will be talkin' this one over long and hard....thank God we're both on the same phone carrier.....LOL...:)

HERD member # 00015

Comment

Tallboy beer cans or cut down a 40oz of your choice wrap the stock uppers with it then rivet it to the back side of the upper.
      Whatever doesn't kill me....HAD BETTER START RUNNING!

Official HERD Member #00130

Comment

I'll get you some measurements tonight when I get home, Lee. Taking the wife out for dinner, then I'll come home and call you......(unless momma wants some lovin.....then you get called tomorrow morning) :)
        **Note: The technical info I provide is suggestive. I am not a perfeshunel.

"No two motorcycles should be the same. Your bike should be based on your creativity, and whatever's going on in your life at that time..." Jesse James

HERD Member #10

Comment

Originally posted by CLL375 View Post
          Tallboy beer cans or cut down a 40oz of your choice wrap the stock uppers with it then rivet it to the back side of the upper.
          not....am fabing them outa ss tubing or sheet to fit my Pro 1 lowers....stock beer cans are a might to small for the Pro 1 units...

HERD member # 00015

Comment

Dammit Man !! That bike say's "Ready to go cross country" all over it,,,nice.
            Herd #124
            Age 10 and holding
            Official Herd Poser

Comment

Originally posted by Osco* View Post
              Dammit Man !! That bike say's "Ready to go cross country" all over it,,,nice.
              Yup, all it needs is the beer cans....new fairing with upgraded stereo & speakers....

HERD member # 00015

Comment

Working...
              X