Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDdeluxeGAL
    replied
    Older thread --but I LOVE the 880s on the Luxe. I would not use anything else on that bike. Going to stick with the stock Dunlops on the Glide. They did very very well down and back. I like the way they feel dry and wet.

Leave a comment:

• Geespot
    replied
    I went with the 880's also this year. I have to say I like them better than the stock Dunlops. Hey, I did the Dragon in the rain and still made it through.

Leave a comment:

• Glyde
    replied
    Was lookin for a tire thread to toss in my .02

Branded 401's. Didn't really have time to research other brands and like the others have said, they have served me well in the past. This is the first time I have put two new tires on at the same time......... it's like riding a new bike.

Not sure if I can mention the on-line store but for $242 for a pair and free shipping, there will be no need for me to stretch out tire use in the future.

Leave a comment:

• Nomad Chili
    replied
    I'm pretty much sold on the Metzler ME880's. I tend to ride like there's no tomorrow and get 10-12 on the rear, 12-almost 14 on the front. I never got good service from Dunslops, 2-3 and they're done.

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    Vlade is more rugged than Indiana Jones, though...

Leave a comment:

• Cuppa Joe
    replied
    its called a satchel, Indiana Jones has one

Leave a comment:

• vlade
    replied
    Originally posted by gruss View Post
    Kev.....
    Just some branded 401's
    I really like em.....
    But just FYI....Vlade has the purse....and he's not afraid to use it ......lol
    Its a Man purse

Leave a comment:

• gruss
    replied
    Kev.....
    Just some branded 401's
    I really like em.....
    But just FYI....Vlade has the purse....and he's not afraid to use it ......lol

Leave a comment:

• vlade
    replied
    Originally posted by KevsHD View Post
    I hope you get one soon.Please whoever is sending vlade a shirt wrap it up in a purse for him....lol
    Im too sexy for my purse too sexy for my purse

Leave a comment:

• KevsHD
    replied
    I hope you get one soon.Please whoever is sending vlade a shirt wrap it up in a purse for him....lol

Leave a comment:

• vlade
    replied
    Originally posted by KevsHD View Post
    What did you put on Gruss?
    A manpurse

Leave a comment:

• KevsHD
    replied
    What did you put on Gruss?

Leave a comment:

• gruss
    replied
    I love the feel of new tires ....it's like learning to ride all over again ....lol

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    Well, I did a little research, and apparently I bought the tire that was OEM on some Dyna models a coupla' years ago, so I'm thinkin' this K591 is a little heavier-duty than the 401. It does look a touch wider, and rides a bit stiffer as well - rides great, but I seem to feel the road surface more. Not complaining, it's just slightly different. This might be due to it being mounted on a narrower rim.

I got it for $240 installed, hi-speed balanced and out the door, and I trust S&S Kustom so I feel like I got a fair deal on an upgraded tire... a little $pendier than I'd wanted, but worth it.

Still completely sure footed. Admittedly I'm takin' it easy (don't have 100 miles on it just yet) so far.

I like it.
    :cool

Leave a comment:

• BLKTHNDR
    replied
    I just ordered a few weeks ago a new 401 for my 09 N. Hot 9k out of the 1st rear. Still have the front should be good for a few more thousand miles. What a difference a new tire makes. I got my rear from Dennis Kirk for 113.00 I pretty much order everything from them plus they are in Minnesota here so I order one day and its here the next.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X