No announcement yet.

2012 Sportster rear cylinder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iím going to have to snip and reconnect that wire tomorrow and see if it fires up properly.
    Official HERD Member #218 US NAVY Corpsman. 2012 Nightster: No more fairing, 10" Pullback T-bars, 4 Gallon stretched tank, lame black paint job, No more Tanklift, SE intake, Thunder Header, Re-geared Tranny, wire tuck, custom ignition relocation, Still got the bell.

Comment

Marty, thank you for all your help! Iíll know tomorrow the next worm hole to jump down.
      Official HERD Member #218 US NAVY Corpsman. 2012 Nightster: No more fairing, 10" Pullback T-bars, 4 Gallon stretched tank, lame black paint job, No more Tanklift, SE intake, Thunder Header, Re-geared Tranny, wire tuck, custom ignition relocation, Still got the bell.

Comment

Ear Tag no. 00030
        MMMMOOoo"Official HERD Exalted Prime Example"...
        Do`nt need no stinking hay,We want fresh green spring grass
        If they get close enough kick em in the crotch,MMMOOOOooo
        The missing link
        http://www.shovelhead.us/

Comment

I Snipped the wires isolated them and. . . Still no start. I think I have found all the electrical issues. It is trying so hard to start.
          So now Iím going to move to not enough fuel.
          I could try spraying some starting fluid and see if it fires up. If not when I get time I will start by taking off the fuel line to inspect where it got kinked by the shop that did all the damage to my bike. Then she f that doesnít fix it Iíll be taking off the tank, and taking apart the fuel pump. I will post pictures when I do it. It will most likely be after Thanksgiving.

Comment

I would not be afraid to try a couple of squirts of starting fluid into the carb or even onto the air filter just to isolate that it is in fact not getting fuel.
            I dont know what kind of provisions is on the fuel system, if there may be a tap for testing pressure.
            Ear Tag no. 00030
            The missing link

Comment

Also, does the fuel pump run for a couple of seconds after they key is turned to the run position ? If You can not hear it turning on, it might be quiet enough that it could require a hearing enhancer, a largish screw driver held to the tank and the end of the handle to the ear will do the trick.
              Ear Tag no. 00030
              The missing link

Comment

Originally posted by Skullz44 View Post
                EUREKA!!! Check out what I just found thanx to Frank telling me to take pictures. . . A pinched wire!
                That will be $150 since i carry a 2 hour minimum.
                2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Ear Tag no. 00030
                  The missing link

Comment

Got it to run!! Electrical problems solved, with Starting fluid it ran for a few seconds. So I proved it ainít getting fuel. Pics to follow.

Comment

. one step closer is good
                      1986 FXR 2015 Road Glide

Member #00014

Comment

Working...
                      X