Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tourmaster Touring bag

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tourmaster Touring bag

    found this on CL today and it looks like it's in good shape and the price looks good.

    http://eastnc.craigslist.org/mcy/2079863277.html
    2018 Road Glide
    Member #00014

  • #2
    That would come in handy for Herdstock...
    The hardest part about a Zombie Apocalypse, will be pretending I'm not excited!

    Comment


    • #3
      my thought exactly

      looks like a decent price doesn't it?

      Is there a bag called triple something or nother?I herd they were nice bags and I was wondering if this is similair.
      2018 Road Glide
      Member #00014

      Comment


      • #4
        Looks pretty nice. Price seems decent, Online it looks like they are 135 bucks. I have heard of any triple ? brand. Could be though, it seems like a new one pops
        up every now and then.
        Regards Sonny
        2007 FLHX Street Glide HERD #35
        Route 66 "The Mother Road" Thank You Cyrus Avery!

        Comment


        • #5
          I got an email from Jafrum for a setup for $29. Not sure about that though. Sometimes you get what you pay for
          The hardest part about a Zombie Apocalypse, will be pretending I'm not excited!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by sonnyd View Post
            Looks pretty nice. Price seems decent, Online it looks like they are 135 bucks. I have heard of any triple ? brand. Could be though, it seems like a new one pops
            up every now and then.
            Regards Sonny

            I Googled it also and found about the same price but the round top part is another $40
            2018 Road Glide
            Member #00014

            Comment


            • #7
              Before I bought the Ultra I would put a sissy bar on the back of the '83FL. I friend loaned me his tourmaster touring bag like this one and is was awsome. If you were riding solo you could attach the bag on the ssisy bar seat side. If you had a passenger you could attach on the back siisy bar, fenderside. Great bag and loads of space. The detachable roll on the top was particularly handy. They are usually over 200$ new. Maybe 225-235$.

              Heres a site that has great touring baggage:

              http://www.tbags.com/products.aspx?CategoryID=4
              HERD#00004
              *disclaimer: I am not an expert. Like everyone else I have an opinion.

              HS1 and HS2 Attendee

              Paracord Crew Member

              Comment


              • #8
                I still swear by my Bikers Friend upholstered PVC... it actually lives on the bike full time to give me a backrest.
                I use it to carry a pretty dense toolbag (~65 lbs) sometimes, so I added some extra beefiness to my rigging, but it's like a part of the bike.
                Was lucky to find an aircraft tiedown with SS ratchet, to go with the chrome.


                I really like the old school line it adds. Like a big ol' bedroll.
                Official Herd Dumbass
                (Ask anybody)

                MONK
                Crocified '07 XL1200C
                Herd #34

                Comment


                • #9
                  But anyway, I've seen the Tourmaster rigs and they seem nice. Good heavy materials and construction. Bit complicated. Ton of compartments, though...
                  Needs a sissy bar for sure.
                  Official Herd Dumbass
                  (Ask anybody)

                  MONK
                  Crocified '07 XL1200C
                  Herd #34

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Monk View Post
                    I still swear by my Bikers Friend upholstered PVC... it actually lives on the bike full time to give me a backrest.
                    I use it to carry a pretty dense toolbag (~65 lbs) sometimes, so I added some extra beefiness to my rigging, but it's like a part of the bike.
                    Was lucky to find an aircraft tiedown with SS ratchet, to go with the chrome.


                    I really like the old school line it adds. Like a big ol' bedroll.
                    Me to Monk. Since I don't have a sissy bar, nor intend to add one, I'll keep using my BF.....some of the best money I've ever spent on Motorcycle luggage.
                    I am going to be adding some bags to my bike, but I'll still be using the BF
                    Regards Sonny
                    2007 FLHX Street Glide HERD #35
                    Route 66 "The Mother Road" Thank You Cyrus Avery!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Happy Hours View Post
                      I Googled it also and found about the same price but the round top part is another $40
                      Yeah, I saw them here, which included everything, but I see they are now unavailable
                      http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...sybar-Bag.aspx

                      Regards Sonny
                      2007 FLHX Street Glide HERD #35
                      Route 66 "The Mother Road" Thank You Cyrus Avery!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I've got the tall bar in the back so I'm covered on that.I just need a response from the fellow selling it.
                        Last edited by Happy Hours; 11-27-2010, 08:40 AM.
                        2018 Road Glide
                        Member #00014

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by sonnyd View Post
                          Yeah, I saw them here, which included everything, but I see they are now unavailable
                          http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...sybar-Bag.aspx

                          Regards Sonny

                          the reviews on this bag are very good,all but that one fellow named Joe Blow
                          2018 Road Glide
                          Member #00014

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Happy Hours View Post
                            the reviews on this bag are very good,all but that one fellow named Joe Blow
                            Yeah, Imagine that!! lolololololololololol Yeah, the reviews I've seen all look good. Tourmaster has been around a long long time.
                            Regards Sonny
                            2007 FLHX Street Glide HERD #35
                            Route 66 "The Mother Road" Thank You Cyrus Avery!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X