Rode my bike to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rode my bike to work

It was balmy 42 degrees earlier,slight breeze so I said what the heck I took the bike. As we approach midnight its about 30 degrees out and dropping...geez.

You southern riders are lucky. This is more then likely the official last ride of the season. Got a snow storm stalled over the Rockies heaidng this way and should be here tomorrow late evening.

It was a good year!

Leaving home and heading to California:

Just getting to the HERD rally in Paintsville and meeting everyone, thats one of my grandsons in the foreground..he just loves a motorcycle:

Heading out of the campground at the HERD rally but would return later...note:Freds (Tidda's buddy who got left nehind on the long ride)back in the foreground(hey Fred!)

I guess as the story goes Tidda,Fred.Dixies son and Trobbins went 4 wheeling thru some gravel and riding back to the campground from the hotel Trobbins blew a belt, what a fiasco in terms of the difference of price if one repaired or brought it to the dealer. 1200+$ or so vs 200+$)

Coming out of breakfast at the Shoneys with Dave63 in the background and my grandson setting on the bike....thanks again Dixie!!

Last edited by badinfluence63; 11-21-2010, 02:39 PM.
    HERD#00004
    *disclaimer: I am not an expert. Like everyone else I have an opinion.

HS1 and HS2 Attendee

Paracord Crew Member

Glad you got another ride in before the weather turns bad. I'm looking forward to getting out again as we've had company all weekend and I couldn't get out. But never fear I'll get bad in the wind next weekend.
    The hardest part about a Zombie Apocalypse, will be pretending I'm not excited!

Comment

Glad you got to ride! Wish I could mail you my nice weather; 78 today and tomorrow. Rode today, and since I'm off all next week hope to ride most everyday.
      Patti, HERD Georgia Girl #113

RubberDown/Double Secret Agent #19 and Ozzyrral #213...RIP
      We will ride again wndchsr...
      'If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.' - Katherine Hepburn

Comment

It was a little one but it was still a ride,lol.

Originally posted by JimP View Post
        Glad you got another ride in before the weather turns bad. I'm looking forward to getting out again as we've had company all weekend and I couldn't get out. But never fear I'll get bad in the wind next weekend.
        HERD#00004

HS1 and HS2 Attendee

Paracord Crew Member

Comment

You so lucky! 78 degrees about this time of the year would be considered a freaken heat wave.

I'm heading to NC in December where I keep my other bike so I'll get another couple weeks toodling about.

Originally posted by livetoridelady View Post
          Glad you got to ride! Wish I could mail you my nice weather; 78 today and tomorrow. Rode today, and since I'm off all next week hope to ride most everyday.
          HERD#00004

HS1 and HS2 Attendee

Paracord Crew Member

Comment

Good to see someone else still gettin some ridin in up north!! Its been chilly here in the mornings so our rides have been starting later and later in the afternoons as we get closer to the cold. Great pics BTW!!
            "09" King & "10" Forty-Eight(wifes)
            If u ain't ridin u ain't livin!!

Comment

Always sad to get the last ride of the season in. Glad you snuck one in though. Temps here are about 15 degrees above normal. I rode about 50 miles yesterday when it was 60....supposed to be
              about 65 or so today so I'm going to try and sneek another one in.
              Regards Sonny
              2007 FLHX Street Glide HERD #35
              Route 66 "The Mother Road" Thank You Cyrus Avery!

Comment

Good for you BI. We will be in the 80's through mid week then it drops to the 50's by Thursday!
                2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Well at least you got a last ride in before the bad weather. I rode into work this morning, 42 and supposed to be 72 this afternoon. We also got out yesterday for about 200 miles with temps in the low 70's. was a great day.
                  Herd Member #87
                  US Navy Veteran

Comment

BI, nice pics!!!! Got freezing drizzle last night and everything is covered with a light coat of ice this am...........slicker than whale chit in an iceflow outside!!!!!
                    OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
                    2014 FLHXS
                    U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

you forgot the mention that Toorglide and Dave were riding with you

we have heavy fog this morning an temps in the 40's but I'm gonna be headed out in an hour .

Hopefully we'll still have some fairly warm weekends in the future.I'm not ready to quit riding for the year just yet.
                      Last edited by Happy Hours; 11-21-2010, 09:00 AM. Reason: smiley didn't post
                      2018 Road Glide
                      Member #00014

Comment

Wow! Just checked the weather. Near record high expected today. It's 50* allready and sposed to hit 67*. Was gonna try to straighten up the garage today. Fugg that! Later!
                        Herd member #85

sigpic

Comment

great pics john....now i wanna go back and watch the paintsville rally video again

that second pic is funny...looks like me n ted are having some sort of stand off with our shoulders cocked back

Twenty First Herdster
                          * When Its All Said And Done, Will You Have Said More Than You Have Done?
                          ** How Old Would You Be If You Didnt Know How Old You Where?
                          99 FLSTF
                          03 FLHTCI

Comment

It was a lark an unexpected window and I jumped. When I left out at midnite it was high 20's but the equipment they make today the cold was a non issue. I went till 11-27-09 a couple years ago and I inadvertantly found myself on black ice on my way home at midnite. No a good feeling on 2 wheels. I rode home 15-20mph all the way even on the interstate(up here interstate is dead after 10PM.)

Originally posted by Rdking09 View Post
                            Good to see someone else still gettin some ridin in up north!! Its been chilly here in the mornings so our rides have been starting later and later in the afternoons as we get closer to the cold. Great pics BTW!!
                            HERD#00004

HS1 and HS2 Attendee

Paracord Crew Member

Comment

Its tricky up here and one needs to pay attention. During the fall/winter especially there can be a 40 degree disparity between day and night temps.

Originally posted by sonnyd View Post
                              Always sad to get the last ride of the season in. Glad you snuck one in though. Temps here are about 15 degrees above normal. I rode about 50 miles yesterday when it was 60....supposed to be
                              about 65 or so today so I'm going to try and sneek another one in.
                              Regards Sonny
                              HERD#00004

HS1 and HS2 Attendee

Paracord Crew Member

Comment

Working...
                              X