X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bars Dude! Bars!

I'm thinking about putting these on my bike:

Street Slammers

The satin black will look awesome and the integrated swept riser will bring the bars a bit closer to me. I get a little fatigue in my lower back from the forward reaching ones that are on there now.

I want to do the internal wiring to clean it up a bit, but I'm not really sure if that comes in a kit or do you just get your own wire and wire it?

Here's the instruction manual for the bars. I'm not sure what all it comes with either.

Destructions

Anybody ever done one of these kits? I'm pretty sure I'll be able to keep my stock brake line and throttle cables.

That'd look awsum!!!!
    OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
    2014 FLHXS
    U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

$260!!! Dammit Man, cool looking bars but thats a lot for a set of handle bars!

Bar don't come with anything but wrapping, you gotta buy the rest separate!
      OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
      With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
      FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
      RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

I have the same basic look of bars on my fatboy now, but chrome. also, where those have dual riser tubes, mine is a single piece
        Ride in Peace Wndchsr

www.my.doterra.com/jbush

Comment

It looks like (from reading the destructions) that I've probably got a molex connector down under the tank that I'll have to disconnect the wires from...then route them inside the handlebars...then re-connect them to the molex connector.

I'm not sure if I'll have to buy another hand grip or not. It says if your left grip is glued, then you gotta buy another one. I'll prolly get me one of those sets of Chrome buttons and keep the black housings...that outta look cool.

Comment

That looks cool Hobo and should look great on your bike.
            2018 Road Glide
            Member #00014

Comment

I did the Wild 1s on my Train which were very similar to those but in chrome. I routed the wires inside as well. All I needed to do was extend the wires and everything else worked. I actually ordered some Wild 1 apes for my SG and will be doing a write up as I go. Here are the bars on my Train.

Whatever doesn't kill me....HAD BETTER START RUNNING!

Official HERD Member #00130

Comment

Well, now I'm kind of torn between those and a set of fat black Apes. I don't wanna go crazy high or anything but I want them to look like apes. Can you get bigger apes with really short risers to "cheat" the look?

Comment

I got a set of apes that would look killa on your bike...not too tall, just bout 20.5 inches or so....... and they is chrome

and as far as your wiring, do it like I do, find an easy spot, then disconect your battery and cut all the wires. then extend each one by soldering and heat shrinking the wires and good to go, no need to pull the tank
                  Ride in Peace Wndchsr

www.my.doterra.com/jbush

Comment

Apes all the way......

"Lead paint chips are chewy AND sweet......"

"Double secret agent 00019......"

"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff... and I want in." H. Simpson

Comment

I think I want these:

Roland Sands

Comment

If you get those on, they would look cool as chet!
                        2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                        HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

those are cool bars, but....you will go gray and finally bald and have three annurisms trying to run the wiring internally
                          Ride in Peace Wndchsr

www.my.doterra.com/jbush

Comment

That's what I gotta do, redo the bars on Resurrections, the more I look at em the more I hate em!
                            OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
                            With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
                            FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
                            RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

Originally posted by rubberdown View Post
                              apes all the way......

me like apes..........those are all sweet looking bike by the way!!!!!
                              Todd Pearson
                              Herd #118
                              AMA #366336
                              SERA #107 (Southern Enduro Riders Assoc)
                              08 FLHX, TW555's, TTS Mastertune

Comment

Working...
                              X