1942 wla-45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1942 wla-45

This has always been my fantasy bike.... Maybe someday I will have one..... It just screams bad ass.

HERD # 00075
    08 Stage II 103 Ultra Classic
    USMC Veteran

Very nice bike, I have a cousin who has a fully restored 1929 Harley, took him 10 years to finish it.
    Herd Member #87
    US Navy Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by DevilDogBagger View Post
      It just screams bad ass.
      It's the gun...............
      **Note: The technical info I provide is suggestive. I am not a perfeshunel.

"No two motorcycles should be the same. Your bike should be based on your creativity, and whatever's going on in your life at that time..." Jesse James

HERD Member #10

Comment

Oooooooooyeahhhhhhhhhhh
        Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

Originally posted by Dave63 View Post
          It's the gun...............
          After an earlier post, Jeff should recognize the rifle in the scabbard....
          HERD # 00075
          USMC Veteran

Comment

After an earlier post, Jeff should recognize the rifle in the scabbard....
            As a matter of fact I do, would love one but it just aint in the budget.
            Herd Member #87
            US Navy Veteran

Comment

I bet you will get something going since this is the second time you mentioned it.
              2010 FLHX - Street Glide
              HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                I bet you will get something going since this is the second time you mentioned it.
                Can't help it Frank... lol

The first memory I have of motorcyles is that bike... I remember my uncle having one that somehow he brought back from when he was in WWII complete with a side car. He rode it everywhere, I have very fond memories of riding with him on that thing.
                HERD # 00075
                USMC Veteran

Comment

Very cool!

Last edited by CLL375; 11-05-2010, 11:50 AM.
                  Whatever doesn't kill me....HAD BETTER START RUNNING!

Official HERD Member #00130

Comment

This has always been my fantasy bike.... Maybe someday I will have one..... It just screams bad ass.

Too cool...might want to add some khaki pin stripes to bring it up to code.
                    sigpic

Herd #132

Comment

OOOOHH, hand shifter, NICE
                      Bill
                      Official HERD Member #0153
                      Electra Glide Classic Touring 95th Anniversary #153/1000
                      Charter Member-American Legion Riders Post #26 PA
                      "You can NEVER have too much chrome!"

Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.

Comment

Wasn't it someone on here that found a picture of this model that a guy in England made out of a modern sportster frame and engine? Looked just as good as the original (like in this thread, the '42), but up-to-date so easier to maintain. I too would give my right nut to have one of the originals, but hell even one of the 'modern' ones would do just as well for me. Anyone wanna buy a kidney? Used but can still whoop any amount of beer that can be thrown at it.
                        Our Second Amendment isn’t about hunting, and it isn’t about self-defense. It’s about Americans having a credible check and balance against the threat of tyranny and dictatorship, plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by yochanon View Post
                          Wasn't it someone on here that found a picture of this model that a guy in England made out of a modern sportster frame and engine? Looked just as good as the original (like in this thread, the '42), but up-to-date so easier to maintain. I too would give my right nut to have one of the originals, but hell even one of the 'modern' ones would do just as well for me. Anyone wanna buy a kidney? Used but can still whoop any amount of beer that can be thrown at it.

This one.....

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/20...n-wl-clothing/
                          Last edited by DevilDog; 11-06-2010, 11:30 AM.
                          HERD # 00075
                          USMC Veteran

Comment

Yochanon this is for your WLA fix, 27 pages and some videos. I would be worth going to Europe just to see if you could find some project bikes if one had the means.

http://milwaukeebelle.skyrock.com/1.html
                            HERD # 00075
                            USMC Veteran

Comment

That's it! Damned good looking bike! I'd take it as is, but if I had the money, I'd actually build it on a DYNA frame and motor/tranny...I figure with all the stuff hangin' in the wind and weight and all, it could use the extra grunt from the 96" motor.
                              Our Second Amendment isn’t about hunting, and it isn’t about self-defense. It’s about Americans having a credible check and balance against the threat of tyranny and dictatorship, plain and simple.

Comment

Working...
                              X