Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's the custom I've been working on....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the custom I've been working on....

heres a picture of my buddys custom, i think its an ultama, not sure. he doesn't even remember what cubic inch the motor is, he don't care about tech stuff like that. something comes loose or falls off and he brings it to me and asks if i can fix it. today was the sifter ,i've put the shifter together many times. finally today i told him to go get me some new and longer machine screws and GREEN loctite. i'll prolly have to get the sawsall or torch out to get it back off but it'll last him a few days.if i can git ted to call me back i gonna git a new headlite, the ring that holds the bulb in fell out and he's got clear tape holding it in. need a new shifter lever and the cap that goes on the nut and the little clamps that hold the cables. i like working on it, i don't charge him labor but he buys me beer so its ok with me. i think if i had a shop and HAD to do it i would be miserable.
    Attached Files
    Crazy people don't know they're crazy, I know I'm crazy therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy.....

Originally posted by BigWorm View Post
    heres a picture of my buddys custom, i think its an ultama, not sure. he doesn't even remember what cubic inch the motor is, he don't care about tech stuff like that. something comes loose or falls off and he brings it to me and asks if i can fix it. today was the sifter ,i've put the shifter together many times. finally today i told him to go get me some new and longer machine screws and GREEN loctite. i'll prolly have to get the sawsall or torch out to get it back off but it'll last him a few days.if i can git ted to call me back i gonna git a new headlite, the ring that holds the bulb in fell out and he's got clear tape holding it in. need a new shifter lever and the cap that goes on the nut and the little clamps that hold the cables. i like working on it, i don't charge him labor but he buys me beer so its ok with me. i think if i had a shop and HAD to do it i would be miserable.
    Cool bike! Beer for work is always a good trade.
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." Hemingway
    Official HERD Member #00155

Comment

nice lookin bike!!!!
      OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
      2014 FLHXS
      U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

great lookin' ride. I'll take beer for labor any day of the week....

wrenchin' is like therapy...just makes me happy

Comment

i'll be glad when my arm gets better enough to ride that bastage! he said it'll git but i ain't so sure hes ever rode anything fast. i'm betting it has a butt load of torque!
          Crazy people don't know they're crazy, I know I'm crazy therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy.....

Comment

Nice looking ride..
            Herd #00049 formerly Soccer... Time for a change

Comment

kewl bike Robbie!!!!
              Official "Herd Booze taste tester!"

Member #0006 :babe

"Lead paint chips are chewy AND sweet......" In memory of Rick.

Comment

Nice lookin custom and Yup,if Yuh was a wrenchin for a livin Your own vehicles would fall apart,Kinda like My Mom used to say,"the mechanics wife has the worst runnin car in town".Thats the way it was for My vehicles,everybody elses was runnin good and mine was fallin apart,the last thing I wanted to do after work was to pick up another wrench.
                Dam,I like this retired stuff,now My vehicles is runnin real good.
                Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

I like it worm! Good looking bike!
                  2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                  HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Looks like an Ironhorse with an Ultima 113??? Just a guess...........

Still not bad looking for a production bike!
                    OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
                    With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
                    FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
                    RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

its got ultama engraved someplace on the forks i think croc. s&s superstock heads5 speed transmission,prolly baker. the bike is about 10 years old and when it was bought new it cost $40k ,i think mark gave 15k for it, i seen the receipt when it was purchased new. the fellow that sold it to my friend mark, wanted me to work on it a few years ago to get it ready to sale and i wouldn't do it because i don't like the fellow.

now mark has it and i work on it twice a week, something comes loose all the time. it was the hand brake lever a week ago. the button for the brake light wasn't making good contact to the lever because the lever bushings were wore out and causing it to vibrate ridiculously. so the button would get wedged under the lever inside the housing and wore half the button off and now its pointy and not a flat surface. so now new brake levers , a headlite and shifter lever is in line right now. prolly get shift and brake foot levers so they match. need some of them little clamps that hold the cables. half a gallon of red loctite.

i got a question maybe croc or someone with custom forks can help with. the little plug which looks like to dran the fork oil is leaking. the forks at the tripple tree is smooth and it doesn't look like a cover to get the top off the forks . so needless to say i won't be filling the fork oil there.

the fender has a bracket thats got a screw/bolt holding it on the fork to hold the fender. that screw/bolt is leaking too.
                      now i'm thinking i'll remove the fender and said brackets,
                      drain fork oil from both forks,
                      i plan on using teflon tape instead of the goo on the drain screw/bolt or maybe it has a rubber o-ring to seal it off? any recommendations there?
                      fill to proper level
                      reinstall brackets and fender.

you think the vinager cleaning trick will clean the fork oil thats on the lowers and wheel/brake rotor?

Comment

Work for Beer, I'm SO there.
                        Good lookin' sled BTW
                        Bill
                        Official HERD Member #0153
                        Electra Glide Classic Touring 95th Anniversary #153/1000
                        Charter Member-American Legion Riders Post #26 PA
                        "You can NEVER have too much chrome!"

Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.

Comment

Great looking ride!!
                          Regards Sonny
                          2007 FLHX Street Glide HERD #35
                          Route 66 "The Mother Road" Thank You Cyrus Avery!

Comment

i am not usually into bikes like that but i would ride that one!
                            Official HERD Member #142
                            2003 VRSCA

Comment

Try the tef tape, it may work....my forks leaked real bad and I ended up using RVT to seal em up! Only thing that worked.
                              OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
                              With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
                              FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
                              RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

Working...
                              X