The wife won a new 48!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The wife won a new 48!!

Ok, since the beginning of Oct. a local radio station has been having a contest and there giving away a new 48 which they purchased from Appalacian HD in Mechanicsburg PA where i bought my RK. For the last 2 weeks(minus 1 day)when i was in the area for work i was stopping and putting a ballot in the box to qualify for Rena and i at the dealer. They would pull one name a day and u could only put ur name in once a day and they didn't pull our names at all. So tonite was the nite they were givin the bike away and they were also pulling 10 last chance qualifying names and Rena was one of em!! In a reverse drawing out of 100 plus names she won!!
    She has her MC license but we were waitin to get her a bike till after we get a house but this has changed now. Not quite sure what were gonna do yet cause the bike is a bit small for her. My options are this: 1. Keep it and get her some road expierence, then trade up to what she really wants in a few years. 2. Trade it now and go in debt after we just crawled out!! Or 3: Bring it home and sit on it keeping the miles off of it hoping i don't lose much value. Also i need to mention that the wife was layed off 3 weeks ago!! Man i have some thinkin to do cause were goin back up tommorrow to decide what were gonna do!! Lookin for some advice here Herd, never been in a situation like this!! I'll post up some pics of the happy winner on her new toy tom.!
    Here's a link to the contest and as soon as the site posts the pics of rena i'll post them up too!! http://www.wtpafm.com/contests_harleyween.shtml
    Last edited by RDK09; 10-29-2010, 10:47 PM.
    "09" King & "10" Forty-Eight(wifes)
    If u ain't ridin u ain't livin!!

Way to cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Congrats Rena! Some friends and I went to the Savannah HD for a Rocker C reverse give away, and 3 of us were in it almost to the end but didn't win. I bet that was really exciting.
      I vote #1; have her get some seat time on an easy-to-handle bike and trade up later when you might be in better financial shape (so she can catch the fever like the rest of us girls
      who don't have to ride on the back anymore).

Just my .02!
      Patti, HERD Georgia Girl #113

RubberDown/Double Secret Agent #19 and Ozzyrral #213...RIP
      We will ride again wndchsr...
      'If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.' - Katherine Hepburn

Comment

All vuggin' RIGHT!!!
        It's about time we heard some good news around here!

Just out-friggin'-standing.

Karma rawks, don't it..?
        :cool

I say she should keep it an' ride it like she stole it!
        Last edited by Monk; 10-29-2010, 10:22 PM.
        Official Herd Dumbass
        (Ask anybody)

MONK
        Crocified '07 XL1200C
        Herd #34

Comment

Yeah, that's awesome! I love the looks of the 48. They got one at the local dealership with apes on it...nothing else...and it looks badass!

Comment

YUP,Keep it and rode it fer a few yers,I mean it is free,well except for a few taxes but whut the heck,ride it.
            Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

That's great news. I vote for number 1. You will have taxes to pay on it so keep that in mind as you're planning things out but experience will help her in the long run.
              x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x
              HERD member #66
              HS I Survivor
              HS II Survivor
              HS III Survivor
              HS IV,V,VI wanted to go.....

Comment

I vote you just give it to me! hehehe

Naw, I say let her get use to riding on it
                Ride in Peace Wndchsr

www.my.doterra.com/jbush

Comment

Oh, and congrats! very cool
                  Ride in Peace Wndchsr

www.my.doterra.com/jbush

Comment

Very cool, CONGRAT'S!!!
                    OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
                    With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
                    FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
                    RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

Son of A Gun, congradulations to the misses.Ride the chit out of it.
                      2018 Road Glide
                      Member #00014

Comment

Congrats!!!!! That's great that she won!! Enjoy the ride!!!!
                        OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
                        2014 FLHXS
                        U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

damn! thats great, congrats !!
                          Crazy people don't know they're crazy, I know I'm crazy therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy.....

Comment

That is great news, congratulations to you both. If your asking for opinions, mine is to keep it and let her get some miles in, then when you can trade it up fro what she really wants.
                            Herd Member #87
                            US Navy Veteran

Comment

After goin on the HD website and comparing prices of other sportsters that are a touch bigger size wise for her and that have a bigger tank than the 48 we might trade it cause the 48 is more expensive than the 1200 low that she showed interest in. Now its not the FB Low that she wants but now she'll have a bike to look forward to and she'll get the all important expierence that she needs!! Were goin up this morning so we'll see what happens. Thanks everyone for the advice. She's so excited!!!
                              "09" King & "10" Forty-Eight(wifes)
                              If u ain't ridin u ain't livin!!

Comment

Working...
                              X