A funny thing happened.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A funny thing happened.....

So as I'm heading to work this morning, it was a crisp 46 degrees here in Oklahoma City and I needed to stop for gas. So as I'm pumping, the guy in the Mercedes next to me kinda has a smirk on his face and say's "... it's a little cold for riding this morning isn't it?", so I said "nah it's a great morning to ride, you should try it sometime". He said, "no thanks, I'll stick to my car, and besides don't you have any other transportation?". I said, "yeah, I have another Harley in the garage!". He looked at me as if I'm crazy, and I'm looking at him like he's crazy for not getting it, and I finally told him, "... if I have to explain why I ride, then you wouldn't get it". As I rode off, I never felt better.

Just had to share.
    Jeff
    Officially Branded #227
    15 Road Glide Special Superior Blue
    Survived Herdstock: II, V & VI
    The best alarm clock is sunshine on the chrome

Good explanation! I bet it kept him wondering!
    2010 FLHX - Street Glide
    HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

:laughout:laughout:laughout:laughout and He never will,get it that is.
      Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

Guys like that will never understand as they are not physically capable of even sitting on a motorcycle cause of the large stick that most have in their ass.
        HERD # 00075
        08 Stage II 103 Ultra Classic
        USMC Veteran

Comment

Josh #00042
          R.I.P. Dad 1951-2015

Comment

When I ride in the cold mornings most people I pass on the road are most likely saying to themselves " that poor guy must be freezing riding that thing" And at the same time I am thinking " that poor guy must be clueless driving that thing " So it kinda works out.
            HERD # 00075
            USMC Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by DevilDogBagger View Post
              When I ride in the cold mornings most people I pass on the road are most likely saying to themselves " that poor guy must be freezing riding that thing" And at the same time I am thinking " that poor guy must be clueless driving that thing " So it kinda works out.
              Well said.
              Herd Member #87
              US Navy Veteran

Comment

Cagers will NEVER get it, will they?
                Bill
                Official HERD Member #0153
                Electra Glide Classic Touring 95th Anniversary #153/1000
                Charter Member-American Legion Riders Post #26 PA
                "You can NEVER have too much chrome!"

Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff0628 View Post
                  So as I'm heading to work this morning, it was a crisp 46 degrees here in Oklahoma City and I needed to stop for gas. So as I'm pumping, the guy in the Mercedes next to me kinda has a smirk on his face and say's "... it's a little cold for riding this morning isn't it?", so I said "nah it's a great morning to ride, you should try it sometime". He said, "no thanks, I'll stick to my car, and besides don't you have any other transportation?". I said, "yeah, I have another Harley in the garage!". He looked at me as if I'm crazy, and I'm looking at him like he's crazy for not getting it, and I finally told him, "... if I have to explain why I ride, then you wouldn't get it". As I rode off, I never felt better.

Just had to share.
                  in a Mercedes, go figure.

a while back, riding home in a pretty good down pour had a guy pull up beside me in a mini van at a stop light. he was laughing, he had is ole lady and two kids crying in car seats.

little does he know, in the passenger seat his ole lady was probably thinking, I rather be on the back of that bike than in the van with the kids................I pointed at the kids and I laughed right back
                  There is a special place in our hearts... Carved out for our memories
                  R.I.P. RubberDown
                  R.I.P. James "Jimbo"
                  Reese

Comment

I agree, I think you should have offered to use that Harley to pull the stick out of his ass........

Or at least have said, "What's your home address?".......... :check6

Too much??
                    "Lead paint chips are chewy AND sweet......"

"Double secret agent 00019......"

"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff... and I want in." H. Simpson

Comment

HEHE .....
                      U.S. Army "Retired"
                      (Disabled Veteran)

Comment

Great story and I couldn't agree more. There are days (like today) where I have to drive and when I see a bike roll by I'm thinking..............(you all know what I'm thinking, that's what's great about the HERD)
                        x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x
                        HERD member #66
                        HS I Survivor
                        HS II Survivor
                        HS III Survivor
                        HS IV,V,VI wanted to go.....

Comment

:):)
                          Jeff
                          09 FLHRCI
                          Herd Member #00045

Comment

Guys like that will never understand as they are not physically capable of even sitting on a motorcycle cause of the large stick that most have in their ass.
                            Well I had a problem at first till I figured out what to do with all my weiner
                            THE NEGATIVE ONE no better don't click
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1422579428
                            How's my Spelin, CALL 1-800-BOSS to report my bad spelizin

Comment

Originally posted by vlade View Post
                              Well I had a problem at first till I figured out what to do with all my weiner
                              That's what tourpak's and side cars are for...... Just saying.
                              HERD # 00075
                              USMC Veteran

Comment

Working...
                              X