Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do all bikes turn father at fulll lock left than at full lock right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do all bikes turn father at fulll lock left than at full lock right?

never noticed til i put drag bars on, but it sure seems like my full lock left as farther than if i go full lock right.

when i got it all the way to the left, i have maybe 1/8" between the tank and the bars, but all the way right i have closer to 3/4" i know the bars are straight and level, and dead center.

Never noticed on mine (2000FXD), I'll check 2morrow, let ya know.
    There is a special place in our hearts... Carved out for our memories
    R.I.P. RubberDown
    R.I.P. James "Jimbo"
    Reese

Comment

see check it out..

locked at left

locked at right
      Last edited by E-Dubs Customs; 10-23-2010, 07:03 PM.

Comment

? ? ? ? ?
        OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
        With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
        FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
        RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

not sure, but maybe just a guess, they make the left fork stop further to allow for parking the bike on the side stand??????
          Ride in Peace Wndchsr

www.my.doterra.com/jbush

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhead View Post
            not sure, but maybe just a guess, they make the left fork stop further to allow for parking the bike on the side stand??????
            thats what i thought, but who knows, it dont really bother me, but ill be thinkin bout it for a while!

Comment

2 outa 3 are equal here, The third is in pieces so it don't count. but my sporty stops same spot either side, same for the RG.

You sure yer risers aren't offset or yer bars are straight?
              Expectations managed for free

Comment

Yep. I measures foam the tree to, At left the tree is closer to the tank than when it's at right.

Comment

maybe the guy who welds the stop blocks to the neck showed up to work drunk that day
                  Ride in Peace Wndchsr

www.my.doterra.com/jbush

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhead View Post
                    maybe the guy who welds the stop blocks to the neck showed up to work drunk that day
                    Damn Monday bikes.;-)
                    There is a special place in our hearts... Carved out for our memories
                    R.I.P. RubberDown
                    R.I.P. James "Jimbo"
                    Reese

Comment

i would spect the tank isn't centered
                      Crazy people don't know they're crazy, I know I'm crazy therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy.....

Comment

Originally posted by BigWorm View Post
                        i would spect the tank isn't centered
                        Might be the most obvious, have you checked the tank alignment Eric?
                        Herd Member #87
                        US Navy Veteran

Comment

How do ya align a tank? Ita just a bolt in the front and a bolt in the back.

Comment

every bike i had it was rubber bushings to keep it from flopping from side to side. the could be deteriorated or not the right ones. if you didn't buy it new you don't really know what someone may have done. and when i buy a bike you checking for them rubbers isn't hi up on the check list.

or it could be as simple as grabbing the tank and move it over a little, but doing that is bending the mounts a little and could make the paint crack where it bends.
                            Crazy people don't know they're crazy, I know I'm crazy therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy.....

Comment

welli found out the problem. either the factory or some idiot who owned the bike before me, trimmed just a hair off the left fork stop, it looks so perfect it almost looks factory, but check out the pic, its got like a 1/16th of an inch removed off of it., if i set the bike down with the fork turned just to where it "would have stopped" the handle bar to gas tank gap is equal on both sides. sure wish i noticed this before i had everything powder coated. nothing hits so i guess its not a big deal. i could alway weld a small bead on to the frame part of the for stop so i t stops a hair sooner.

check out the fork stop on our right looking at the pic.

Comment

Working...
                              X