MC's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MC's

I know that this has been addressed in other threads, but I wanted to dedicate one specifically to this topic.

I know the Herd says expressly on the front page that we are NOT an MC like there's something wrong with it. I'm not challenging whether they are good or bad, but I had an interesting ride yesterday with the President and founder of an MC called "Brothers in Arms" They are a military and vet club for cruisers, and baggers (Harley and Metrics) only (NO Sportbikes). The President ("Z") is a LTCDR in the Coast Guard who founded the club and they have 8 different chapters nationwide including one here in Yorktown.

They are an actual MC, however they specify in their description and throughout their website and on their business cards that "The Brothers In Arms MC is a neutral, non-territorial club."

Note that I am NOT promoting this MC and there is a point that I'm getting to. I also am not interested in a club with metrics in it. I'm a "Buy American" American and LOVE that aspect of the HERD right up there with the people in it.

I don't know enough about Brothers in Arms to know if they get hassled by 1% often and how they handle it if they do. I also don't know what's involved in being a member other than the fact that they meet once a month and go on rides every so often.

On their business card, they claim to "support the members of our armed forces, past and present, create a camaraderie between like-minded men and women from those services, share in our love of motorcycling and support veteran charities and causes"

This brings me to my point and my question. What's so bad about being an MC? If you can write a charter that promotes and instills integrity and good morals in it's people and specify that you're not interested in or in contention with 1%, then what's the harm?

Again, NOT lobbying for against, it's just that when I tell my buddies about The Herd, and have to add that we're NOT and MC, but can't tell them why, it's just kind of frustrating.

Can somebody please educate me?

tell them its just like a club, except different.....................
    Crazy people don't know they're crazy, I know I'm crazy therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy.....

Comment

Also, what is the definition of "good morals"? Before I became disabled I liked to drink and fight and get laid whenever I wanted, yet I was a volunteer fireman, and the kind of person who helped little old ladies whenever I saw they could use some help in any way, etc. So...am I immoral or not?

Anyway, I think it's way overdone, the issue of starting up 'MC's'.
      Our Second Amendment isn’t about hunting, and it isn’t about self-defense. It’s about Americans having a credible check and balance against the threat of tyranny and dictatorship, plain and simple.

Comment

i think someone said we were a"cyber biker club" once, and that almost got his ass kicked :)
        Twenty First Herdster
        * When Its All Said And Done, Will You Have Said More Than You Have Done?
        ** How Old Would You Be If You Didnt Know How Old You Where?
        99 FLSTF
        03 FLHTCI

Comment

We aint against clubs jus makin sure we dont get confused as one ,, Claimin MC in yur title bears lots of responsabilities and biker politics
          THE NEGATIVE ONE no better don't click
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1422579428
          How's my Spelin, CALL 1-800-BOSS to report my bad spelizin

Comment

first this is My opinion only. these opinions are not the expressions of or by the HERD of which I am a member.
            For me your comments about the MC's are the exact piont of not being in an MC. the contentions and hesitations of repricussions by being associated with an MC is to me a branding. I believe in my own rights. therefore I do not ever want to be told or herded into a situation because someone else thought it to be the thing to do. I guess when the title for our little group of HERD came up I thought it to be ironic. everyone here that I have had the pleasure of talking with has displayed to me that theye are individuals. all individuals that have the same respect and MORALS that are similar to mine. without coersion or implying we are all similar. we want to help people and share our experiences and enjoy our Bikes. kind of the freedom that coorporate america and we as individuals seem to be bound by day in and day out. I do not Hate MC's nor the people within them. I give them respect and they give me respect. If asked I guess rather than say we are a Herd bound by rules I would explain it as this herd has no fences. as far as morals if I gotta expllain them .................well Im not gonna go there cause I tend to tick people off. Ride safe brother!
            "your not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on!"
            Dean Martin

herd member #00023
            AKA STREETNOYZ

Comment

Originally posted by yochanon View Post
              Also, what is the definition of "good morals"? Before I became disabled I liked to drink and fight and get laid whenever I wanted, yet I was a volunteer fireman, and the kind of person who helped little old ladies whenever I saw they could use some help in any way, etc. So...am I immoral or not?

Anyway, I think it's way overdone, the issue of starting up 'MC's'.
              I guess by "good morals" I meant law abiding...which absolutely do NOT mean the same thing...Thank God. There ain't nothin' wrong with getting a little trim and getting hammered once in awhile.

Originally posted by vlade View Post
              We aint against clubs jus makin sure we dont get confused as one ,, Claimin MC in yur title bears lots of responsabilities and biker politics
              After further reading, the BIA claims that due to "local protocols" they didn't wear "MC" on their colors initially. It took much politicin' to get to where they could wear them freely with MC on them.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboCoastie View Post
                I guess by "good morals" I meant law abiding...which absolutely do NOT mean the same thing...Thank God. There ain't nothin' wrong with getting a little trim and getting hammered once in awhile.

After further reading, the BIA claims that due to "local protocols" they didn't wear "MC" on their colors initially. It took much politicin' to get to where they could wear them freely with MC on them.

Exactly you have to smoke the peace pipe with every MC in yur area an everywhere you plan to go

Comment

Far as I know we dont ban ya if ya in an MC ,, Just dont bring it in.

Comment

Originally posted by vlade View Post
                    Far as I know we dont ban ya if ya in an MC ,, Just dont bring it in.
                    Thats a good thing....I won't say anything....
                    Official "Herd Booze taste tester!"

Member #0006 :babe

"Lead paint chips are chewy AND sweet......" In memory of Rick.

Comment

No no...like I said...I don't want to join up with them or anything. Gotta newborn in the house and a wife and two other kids that are more important than the responsibilities that would come along with joining an MC.

The Herd keeps me pretty free to man-up on my homely duties.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboCoastie View Post
                        No no...like I said...I don't want to join up with them or anything. Gotta newborn in the house and a wife and two other kids that are more important than the responsibilities that would come along with joining an MC.

The Herd keeps me pretty free to man-up on my homely duties.
                        The Service, LEO type clubs aint gonna require that much out of ya, but more than we would

Comment

Originally posted by V-Girl View Post
                          Thats a good thing....I won't say anything....
                          Well for one yur MC aint gonna want you blabin bussiness here. and we dont want to be in the mix Id guess

Comment

Dime a Dozen Club.........there are hundred's of em, mostly posers!!!

And That's All I Have To Say About It!!!
                            OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
                            With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
                            FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
                            RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

Originally posted by Crocodile56 View Post
                              Dime a Dozen Club.........there are hundred's of em, mostly posers!!!

And That's All I Have To Say About It!!!
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFqxYg9EuhQ

yep why cant they be like Damien Blade or Ray Liotta!
                              "your not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on!"
                              Dean Martin

herd member #00023
                              AKA STREETNOYZ

Comment

Working...
                              X