Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you get the lower neck bearing off a Sporty tripple tree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get the lower neck bearing off a Sporty tripple tree?

i tore my front end down today to get it all powdercated nice and pretty, the top ree cam right off, the lower came right out, but the bottom bearing is really on the stem good! i dont have a clue how to get it off. id hate to replace it becasue its only got 500 miles on it and looksand feels like new.

1 option is to just leave it on there, he can mask it off for the powder coating, but the 400 degree oven may burn the grease out. then i gotta figure out a way to grease with it still on the stem.

this sporty does have a grease fitting on the neck, is this to grease the bearings? what if i put it all back together and then pack that neck with grease?

i really dont wanna have to take and have it pressed out. too much damn running around!!!!

You can remove it with a blind bearing remover or do it the old fashion way and knock it out with a wooden dowel and block of wood!
    OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
    With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
    FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
    RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

with all due respect eric but if it was easy you could have it done at wallgreens. all this running around so to speak is part of doing a quality job, if you tape it off and spray bomb stuff thats all you'll have is a spray bomb bike. like gruss said get a manual and do it right or pay someone to do it. we will be happy to help you with anything but like i said if it was easy they'd do it at wallgreens.
      Crazy people don't know they're crazy, I know I'm crazy therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy.....

Comment

you'll need a deal like on the right and a press to remove the bearing with out damaging it, and theres still a chance of damage if you don't know what yer doin.
        Attached Files
        Crazy people don't know they're crazy, I know I'm crazy therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy.....

Comment

We just cut the old one off, gonna press a new one on tonight.

Comment

good thinking eric, its just peice of mind to replace it again, that way you don't have to take it apart if you damaged it while plating the parts
            Official HERD Member #00144
            Sponsored by: Rainrider

Comment

Working...
            X