Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultra seat for a long trip?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ultra seat for a long trip?

    I'm headed out with Boss to Arkansas but I'm a little concerned about a tail bone issue I'm having. I have the Sundowner on my bike now but on long rides the padding on the back sides seems to push in on my ass cheeks. I have to slide forward to stop the ass pain but then my tailbone hurts. After a little riding this weekend my tailbone is sore. I noticed the Ultras seat looks comfortable and doesn't have the side but padding. Is the Ultras seat comfortable or should I stick to the Sundowner? I'm just a little worried because my tailbone is sore now and I'm sitting in a car. Thanks guys.
    Whatever doesn't kill me....HAD BETTER START RUNNING!

    Official HERD Member #00130

  • #2
    CL you will get mixed opinions on stock seats. I hated mine and was looking into a different one but it seems after about 20K miles on it I guess I broke it in. I have put a few 700+ mile days on mine without any issues. To me the factory Ultra seat is very comfy...
    HERD # 00075
    08 Stage II 103 Ultra Classic
    USMC Veteran

    Comment


    • #3
      Its was alright but I like the Road Zep seat alot better, you might have to much pressure on yur tail bone I cut foam outa my XL seat for that .. Come on by an you can borrow my Ultra stock seat.
      THE NEGATIVE ONE no better don't click
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1422579428
      How's my Spelin, CALL 1-800-BOSS to report my bad spelizin

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DevilDogBagger View Post
        CL you will get mixed opinions on stock seats. I hated mine and was looking into a different one but it seems after about 20K miles on it I guess I broke it in. I have put a few 700+ mile days on mine without any issues. To me the factory Ultra seat is very comfy...
        Mine seemed to get more wishy washy and I would slide around bankin an stuff
        THE NEGATIVE ONE no better don't click
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1422579428
        How's my Spelin, CALL 1-800-BOSS to report my bad spelizin

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by vlade View Post
          Its was alright but I like the Road Zep seat alot better, you might have to much pressure on yur tail bone I cut foam outa my XL seat for that .. Come on by an you can borrow my Ultra stock seat.
          I was looking into getting a Road Zep last year but I could not get past the humongous size of the seat itself. And the stocker was starting to feel comfy so I passed on it.

          Mine seemed to get more wishy washy and I would slide around bankin an stuff
          Have not noticed mine getting that way...... 46k miles with my fat ass on it.
          HERD # 00075
          08 Stage II 103 Ultra Classic
          USMC Veteran

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DevilDogBagger View Post
            I was looking into getting a Road Zep last year but I could not get past the humongous size of the seat itself. And the stocker was starting to feel comfy so I passed on it.



            Have not noticed mine getting that way...... 46k miles with my fat ass on it.
            You might ifn you put yur butt in the road zep. way more supportive, if you fart the bike twitches, You shoulda slid on mine an road it around at Herd stock. Arkasas maybe you can actually try it out see how it rides. Buyin seats without tryin em sucks.
            THE NEGATIVE ONE no better don't click
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1422579428
            How's my Spelin, CALL 1-800-BOSS to report my bad spelizin

            Comment


            • #7
              P.S. took me longer to get over the Humongous price. even with the chicago harley 20% discount
              THE NEGATIVE ONE no better don't click
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1422579428
              How's my Spelin, CALL 1-800-BOSS to report my bad spelizin

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm checking around for an Ultra seat to see if we can test it before Thursday.
                .
                2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                HERD MEMBER #00003

                Comment


                • #9
                  I was thinking about cutting out that spot on my seat to relieve the pressure on my tailbone too.
                  Whatever doesn't kill me....HAD BETTER START RUNNING!

                  Official HERD Member #00130

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                    I'm checking around for an Ultra seat to see if we can test it before Thursday.
                    Thanks Boss. I was even thinking about getting an Shay on next day aired but that's $$$$$
                    Whatever doesn't kill me....HAD BETTER START RUNNING!

                    Official HERD Member #00130

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      if you fuggers just lived a little closer you could come get the seat and try out my road zep too.
                      THE NEGATIVE ONE no better don't click
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1422579428
                      How's my Spelin, CALL 1-800-BOSS to report my bad spelizin

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by vlade View Post
                        You might ifn you put yur butt in the road zep. way more supportive, if you fart the bike twitches, You shoulda slid on mine an road it around at Herd stock. Arkasas maybe you can actually try it out see how it rides. Buyin seats without tryin em sucks.
                        I may have to throw a leg over your ride and check the Road Zep out. I have never met anyone that had anything negative to say about them, other than the price. But if it can keep my Old lady in the seat a couple hundred more miles than she can now it will be worth the price.
                        HERD # 00075
                        08 Stage II 103 Ultra Classic
                        USMC Veteran

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          CL if we were closer I would trade you seats for your trip.
                          HERD # 00075
                          08 Stage II 103 Ultra Classic
                          USMC Veteran

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            CL you may be able to go by the dealership and rent an Ultra to check it out. Not sure if they have HOG discounts in your a member but maybe they can hook you up with a law enforcement discount.
                            The hardest part about a Zombie Apocalypse, will be pretending I'm not excited!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DevilDogBagger View Post
                              I may have to throw a leg over your ride and check the Road Zep out. I have never met anyone that had anything negative to say about them, other than the price. But if it can keep my Old lady in the seat a couple hundred more miles than she can now it will be worth the price.
                              I jus asked the OL she was more pleased with the RZ than stock ,, probably the biggest plus is when yur butt gets tired one way you can adjust the bladders for another way. Took her a couple days to get the hang of it.
                              THE NEGATIVE ONE no better don't click
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1422579428
                              How's my Spelin, CALL 1-800-BOSS to report my bad spelizin

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X