California Law Muffles Motorcycles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Law Muffles Motorcycles!

Not sure if anybody has posted this yet. You thank Arnold for signing this.

http://www.motorcyclepartsandaccesso...ffled_articl_1
    Jeff
    09 FLHRCI
    Herd Member #00045

Let the games begin......Hell my blender is louder than that........(sigh)
    Last edited by gruss; 10-05-2010, 10:18 AM.
    U.S. Army "Retired"
    (Disabled Veteran)

Comment

edBoy am I glad that I do not live there. I would have to rethink buying a new bike in 2013 if I lived in CA. I'm sure that Arnold and the Legislators REALLY pissed off the motorcyclists now. Just another example of Bureaucracy run amok.

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES
      Bill
      Official HERD Member #0153
      Electra Glide Classic Touring 95th Anniversary #153/1000
      Charter Member-American Legion Riders Post #26 PA
      "You can NEVER have too much chrome!"

Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.

Comment

Provin CA can fugg up all by themselves dont need outside help
        THE NEGATIVE ONE no better don't click
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1422579428
        How's my Spelin, CALL 1-800-BOSS to report my bad spelizin

Comment

Originally posted by vlade View Post
          Provin CA can fugg up all by themselves dont need outside help
          aint that the truth......
          U.S. Army "Retired"
          (Disabled Veteran)

Comment

What’s the actual meaning of this new regulation?
            Does it mean that ALL bikes -regardless of their year model- will have to be “re-muffled” to avoid being fined?
            Anyone know the answer to this? I'm just curious
            "09" King & "10" Forty-Eight(wifes)
            If u ain't ridin u ain't livin!!

Comment

the article said "produced" so if that stands correct then i would say the answer is no. what i see is an asspot of amendments, to the extent that the law won't mean anything
              Crazy people don't know they're crazy, I know I'm crazy therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy.....

Comment

quality-of-life issue

Only in Cal. And it's illegal to smoke in a park in San Francisco. Ever notice that all them weird people you see on TV are from Cal. ?
                Last edited by Strat HD; 10-05-2010, 06:28 PM.
                Herd member #85

sigpic

Comment

Any of ya's ever been ta Cal. it suck's!!! My $.02.....
                  OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
                  With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
                  FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
                  RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

I spend a lot of time in Cal, avoid LALALand and SanFran and the state is really pretty great. I feel sorry for the average joes who just want to ride. I hope Worm is right, but until then I may have to rethink where I go on vacation. If Arizona only had beaches.....
                    Expectations managed for free

Comment

When I bought my last boat (2004) it had an EPA sticker confirming that it restricted the noise from the exhaust and met every law in California.

Had the dealer tear it down and put nothing but straight Pipes. Told them if you can make flames come out of them...better yet. At night, and at certain marinas....for respect, I did have a button that clicked on the silent choice that would send the exhaust to the prop and muzzled the sound.

Loud pipes all the way without the abuse......
                      2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                      HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Well, by that logic, that law should apply to ANYTHING in the public arena that exceeds 80db. No more road construction, no more building construction, what about hot rods? Guess we need to shut down all the sports complexes in California due to crowd noise. Lets not forget about Police, Fire, and Ambulatory Sirens. Those things are an unhealthy level of loud and need to be eliminated. Guess the cops will have to just flag you down from now on. Also, all 18-wheelers need to have their Air Horns removed. Way too loud.

God I can't wait untill California falls off. That'll be 54 electoral votes back in our direction and we won't have to worry about these stupid liberal economy-sucking bean sprout-eating maggots anymore. Forgive me if I've crossed the line with this comment.

Comment

What about lawnmowers? I have had the cops called on me for playing my stereo too loud. But the next door neighbor's (who called the cops) lawnmower is way louder. Never understood this dumb chit. So the cops look at it like acceptable noise and non-acceptable noise?
                          Last edited by Strat HD; 10-05-2010, 07:12 PM.
                          Herd member #85

sigpic

Comment

i'm from california and so is the OL, i won't ever go back to live under my own power. i like it just fine here in north carolina. seems there'd be no drag racing if its to loud.
                            Crazy people don't know they're crazy, I know I'm crazy therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy.....

Comment

Lived here all my 65 years. If my Son and granddaughter didn't live 15 minutes from me I'd be living at my Arizona house right now.

Funny thing is, the state is going broke. They can't afford the db meters to check the sound level. Hell, they can't afford the cops either.

Our great state Legislature is months behind approving a budget, people are going to get IOU's but they do have time for this bull shit. Maybe it is the illegal Mexicans bitching that the motorcycle noise bothers them while they are trying to take their siesta
                              Official Member #00149
                              2 Stinking Trikes, '09 % '11
                              Social Security and Medicare
                              Qualified! 65 and still riding
                              Official Bona fide Geezer

Comment

Working...
                              X