Engine Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Mods

My Bro stopped by the shop and picked up my rocker box covers, figured I'd clean 'em up while they are off. Got me thinking.

I have a question. There aren't too many bikes i ride with that have any mods done to their engines. Lots of the new 96", 6 speeds with the normal stage 1 set up. Haven't had one leave me behind yet..........

I'm sitting, waiting like a kid on Christmas eve, waiting for Santa, to get my bike back. No one knows that Sally is getting cams and my question is...........Do I tell 'em, or just keep it between me and her? Not like I gots a lot of morrals with stuff like this, but I'm thinking I should just keep quiet............

erboxerbox

Any input from the fine Herdsters?
    There is a special place in our hearts... Carved out for our memories
    R.I.P. RubberDown
    R.I.P. James "Jimbo"
    Reese

I have had nothing but stroker motors and built motors until now, and I always kept it to myself, I figured noone needed to know.
    Dale
    Official HERD Member #00145
    Keep The Rubber Side Down

Comment

i gotta few to the V....guess its running about 130 hp...

the geezer is stock....for now.....thinking on a turbo or twin turbo? now that'd be kewl!!!
      Official "Herd Booze taste tester!"

Member #0006 :babe

"Lead paint chips are chewy AND sweet......" In memory of Rick.

Comment

Shhhhhhhhhhhh.....
        OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
        With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
        FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
        RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

But it also is the rider. My buddy has over 124 HP and I smoke him all the time
          Dale

Comment

I say keep it to yourself until someone asks what you're running.
            2018 Road Glide
            Member #00014

Comment

Originally posted by Crocodile56 View Post
              Shhhhhhhhhhhh.....
              That's what I was thinking.

Originally posted by o8h0g View Post
              But it also is the rider. My buddy has over 124 HP and I smoke him all the time
              No doubt about that. I got a bud that always has a reason to back off the throttle.............seems it happens mostly when my front wheel passes his.

and V, them V-Rods are sure fun to run with...............at least they are a good looking bike from behind. :aahhh
              R.I.P. RubberDown
              R.I.P. James "Jimbo"
              Reese

Comment

Over the years I have found HP don't mean chit. Anyone can go fast in a straight line. When people wanna tell me how much power they got, I take them to the twisties, that is where the true test is. I am not afraid to run my bike, but it is amazing how it shuts alot of people up, especially when I smoke them with a stock motor, other than slip-ons and a Fuel Pack.
                Dale

Comment

Stay low profile. The most fun I had during my street-racing days was with a 4-door Cutlass, 305 engine and the nos bottle hidden in the spare tire. Very few people knew anything about the gas in those days. Wasn't the fastest car I ever had but it surprised a lot of big blocks. Keep them guessing..
                  "My hypocrisy goes only so far."

Comment

There ain't to much street racing going on around here any more. Street racing laws have kinda shut it down. I'm decent through the twisties, and I'm sure I'll enjoy the extra grunt to play around with.
                    R.I.P. RubberDown
                    R.I.P. James "Jimbo"
                    Reese

Comment

I vote to keep it quiet unless someone asks.
                      x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x
                      HERD member #66
                      HS I Survivor
                      HS II Survivor
                      HS III Survivor
                      HS IV,V,VI wanted to go.....

Comment

What they don't know can hurt 'em!
                        H1E2R8D

Comment

A little mystery is good for the romance... smoke 'em and grin.
                          Official Herd Dumbass
                          (Ask anybody)

MONK
                          Crocified '07 XL1200C
                          Herd #34

Comment

Don't breathe a word Glyde. Heck if you mention anything then you have to take time to explain if you have any future plans, explain your performance, get opinions and listen to what they have done and wnat to do. I don't race or anything close to it but, when we are on our PGR rides and they have to step it up quickly, I am not left behind, Jus Sayin
                            Those who say it can't be done should get in the way of those doing it.
                            Patriot Guard Riders # 209,359
                            Official HERD Member #00139

Comment

Yup Yup

Originally posted by o8h0g View Post
                              Over the years I have found HP don't mean chit. Anyone can go fast in a straight line. When people wanna tell me how much power they got, I take them to the twisties, that is where the true test is. I am not afraid to run my bike, but it is amazing how it shuts alot of people up, especially when I smoke them with a stock motor, other than slip-ons and a Fuel Pack.
                              My 1200R has more available lean angle than most sporties I meet.
                              So far no one has tried to draft me through a twistie,,
                              I'm always a little nervous a lower model will try it an loose It.
                              My Tach helped me learn exactly when to shift to stay In the power band.
                              Most stage one's I've run go for the top of the rpm range then shift,,
                              I think thats why I smoke em and never reach 5500 rpms.
                              Almost Box stock,,
                              Added the X14ieD and savin coin for Rush slip on's.
                              Gonna stick with the stock Air breather,,I like being able to toss
                              It In the Dishwasher when the OL Is at work XD

If I had engine work I'd keep er quiet and only use just what
                              I needed to keep up.
                              Then One day when the Dyno sheet braggin started up,,
                              I'd spank somebody.
                              Bun then again I'm a bit of an Azzhole.
                              Herd #124
                              Age 10 and holding
                              Official Herd Poser

Comment

Working...
                              X