York Bike Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• York Bike Week

For the first time in 16 years, of what was previously known as "open house", MoCo did not have the York Assembly Plant open for tours/other good stuff/etc. although they did contribute monies (I heard $10K) to the community for the parade on Friday night. I must say, that I did not attend the Friday festivities, but went to York on Saturday to visit the vendors and the local (Laugerman's HD) Harley store. As disappointing as it was this year, at least the city of York PA had enough forethought to carry on the tradition. It saddens me to see the economical crisis affecting our hobby/lifestyle. On the positive side, great riding weather and still a lot of bikes there. Sorry no pix, as the wife was more concerned with taking in the sights on our ride than manning the camera. Still a great weekend for all who attended. A ride was sponsored by the local Fox TV station news anchor and from what I heard it was successful. Link with photos here:

:good

http://www.fox43.com/news/features/s...7.photogallery

http://www.fox43.com/news/features/s...3.photogallery
    Last edited by WAMMER; 09-27-2010, 11:10 AM.
    Bill
    Official HERD Member #0153
    Electra Glide Classic Touring 95th Anniversary #153/1000
    Charter Member-American Legion Riders Post #26 PA
    "You can NEVER have too much chrome!"

Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.

Yeah the economy is hurting a lot around us too! Thanks for posting about the event though!
    Jeff
    09 FLHRCI
    Herd Member #00045

Comment

Looks like it was a good day for it fo sure...
      The hardest part about a Zombie Apocalypse, will be pretending I'm not excited!

Comment

Hey Wammer, thnx for the links!! The wife and i were registered to do the "pride and ride" and were plannin on doin bike night in York too but i was hit pretty hard by a cold this past weekend. Last year was the first year for Fox43 to put on a ride and they called it the "save the plant" ride and rally, we did make it to that but unfortunately missed this years ride.
        "09" King & "10" Forty-Eight(wifes)
        If u ain't ridin u ain't livin!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rdking09 View Post
          Hey Wammer, thnx for the links!! The wife and i were registered to do the "pride and ride" and were plannin on doin bike night in York too but i was hit pretty hard by a cold this past weekend. Last year was the first year for Fox43 to put on a ride and they called it the "save the plant" ride and rally, we did make it to that but unfortunately missed this years ride.
          I figured that the rest of the Herd would at least like to see what we "locals" have for us. We were going to ride down Friday for the parade, but Mrs. Wammer was complaining about it being too hot, she minds the heat from the pipes on days like that. We ended up getting there Saturday after the ride left the fairgrounds, so we just made our rounds to the vendors and over to Lagerman's. Still a nice day for a ride.
          Bill

Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.

Comment

Glad ya got to go.....economy is hurtin alot of people right now!!!
            OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
            2014 FLHXS
            U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

Good to hear you got some ridin in, wish I lived closer to some better events.
              Expectations managed for free

Comment

Originally posted by Cuppa Joe View Post
                Good to hear you got some ridin in, wish I lived closer to some better events.
                Sounds Like you need to Start one,,,,,,,Go for it !
                Herd #124
                Age 10 and holding
                Official Herd Poser

Comment

Yeah! HERDSTOCK Canadian style... I'd try to go.

I think we can outrun horses (the Mounties).
                  Official Herd Dumbass
                  (Ask anybody)

MONK
                  Crocified '07 XL1200C
                  Herd #34

Comment

Ya know i saw this when ya posted it .......and just said to my self........self, this is just like everything else lately!!!! Its just a dam shame that companies with more money then God allow's do this kind of chit! Ifffin I had money, and a bussiness that wuz like HD....dammed if I'd would leave my coustomers hanging!!! Just saying.........
                    OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
                    With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
                    FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
                    RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

Originally posted by Osco* View Post
                      Sounds Like you need to Start one,,,,,,,Go for it !
                      I agree. I tried that, but mine didn't work out too well, while still in the planning stages I lost a vendor and 2 bands backed out.
                      I will try it again next yer tho
                      Ride in Peace Wndchsr

www.my.doterra.com/jbush

Comment

Originally posted by Crocodile56 View Post
                        Ya know i saw this when ya posted it .......and just said to my self........self, this is just like everything else lately!!!! Its just a dam shame that companies with more money then God allow's do this kind of chit! Ifffin I had money, and a bussiness that wuz like HD....dammed if I'd would leave my coustomers hanging!!! Just saying.........
                        I cannot agree more. Sad state of affairs!
                        Bill

Comment

At least my sled got to visit it's birthplace again. Bittersweet homecoming, though when we pulled into the plant driveway, and no festivities there. or sea of bikes parked out front.
                          Bill

Comment

Working...
                          X