Monk's 30 second ride on the BEAST!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monk's 30 second ride on the BEAST!!!

Well......I wasn't going to post this but what the hell!

While at the party on Saturday I threw Monk the key's and said, "go ahead Monkey Boy, take the Beast fer a spin!"

He got on her and started her up, I adjusted the idle a little and off he went!

He got up to the corner, 50 feet away, and tried to turn the corner, he went straight across the street into the parking lot, he managed to get it to turn and put her right back where he started from!

Then he said, "Well how do you turn the dam Beast, is there a trick to it?!?"

His first time on a Chopper.........PRICELESS!!!:croc
    Attached Files
    OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
    With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
    FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
    RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Don't feel bad Monk. First time I took Nurse Ratched for a ride (Sportster, 11 years ago) we ended up in somebody's front yard trying to turn left at an intersection. That was cause she got skeered when I leaned left so she leaned right! I never rode a chopper, but I bet they are something else to turn.

Comment

Originally posted by WideOpen View Post
      I never rode a chopper, but I bet they are something else to turn.
      LOL...that's the key, you turn, not lean.
      http://evylchopper.blogspot.com/

Comment

Picture #2 looks like he's nursing a slight turn by using his feet....:)

Way to go Monk....My first chopper was 30 years ago and I had to change the forks to stock within 2 weeks of owning it.....
        2010 FLHX - Street Glide
        HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

I've heard they'll track straight as an arrow going down the road, it's the turns that you have to watch out for. Maybe get a chance to try one some day.

Comment

You fuggers are always getting together having all the fun!!! Glad the HERD was able to make that happened and for that I am grateful. I'm going to see if I can send ya'll on a tour or something..... Hang tight until I can figure out where you are all headed....
            2010 FLHX - Street Glide
            HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

You all are crazy!
              Jeff
              09 FLHRCI
              Herd Member #00045

Comment

Actually, here's what really happened.
                I was honored beyond belief to be offered the chance. I have ridden one or two "choppers" (try Yamaha 750s with 6" over front ends) before in my time, but never a 47 rake.

As soon as I got on it I knew it was a mistake, and rather than risk dropping Croc's machine (waay too disrespectful of me) I turned around and parked it again. Croc looked at me inquisitively, and I said "I'd drop it!"

Out of deference to the beautiful Beast and love for Croc, I did NOT RISK IT.

He seemed to understand at the time... (got witnesses to this, too)

Not to mention the ribbing I'd endure for the rest of my days if I had vugged it up.

There's time a-plenty, and I'll try it again given permission and a BIG parking lot to try it in first, not Tampa traffic.

I may be crazy, but I ain't stupid.
                Official Herd Dumbass
                (Ask anybody)

MONK
                Crocified '07 XL1200C
                Herd #34

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                  Actually, here's what really happened.
                  I was honored beyond belief to be offered the chance. I have ridden one or two "choppers" (try Yamaha 750s with 6" over front ends) before in my time, but never a 47 rake.

As soon as I got on it I knew it was a mistake, and rather than risk dropping Croc's machine (waay too disrespectful of me) I turned around and parked it again. Croc looked at me inquisitively, and I said "I'd drop it!"

Out of deference to the beautiful Beast and love for Croc, I did NOT RISK IT.

He seemed to understand at the time... (got witnesses to this, too)

Not to mention the ribbing I'd endure for the rest of my days if I had vugged it up.

There's time a-plenty, and I'll try it again given permission and a BIG parking lot to try it in first, not Tampa traffic.

I may be crazy, but I ain't stupid.
                  That his story and he's sticking to it!!! The key's are your anytime you want......
                  OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
                  With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
                  FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
                  RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

I'm glad I checked in, I really needed a mid-day chuckle. You guys and your smack talk have me really LOL!

Comment

Yeah Croc didn't name er the "Beast" fer nuthin...
                      He threw me the keys a few times,,I was chickin,,an after watchin Monk wrestle the thing,,
                      I'm damn glad I wussed Out.
                      Like Croc said,,"Someday when we're all In a Big Parkin Lot" He's gonna extend the offer again.
                      He knows damn good n well Monk an I are Both Itchin ta ride that thang.
                      ,,,,,If I had the money to fix It,,I'd try n ride it,,but I don't so I won't...
                      The front end on the beast weighs a Hunnert pounds !!!
                      Dammit Man!!!!!!!!!

BTW you Herdsters should hear the thing,,No better way to say it,,The BEAST is BADAZZ !
                      Herd #124
                      Age 10 and holding
                      Official Herd Poser

Comment

glad to see y'all could get together!!!
                        OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
                        2014 FLHXS
                        U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

It's a totally different kinda riding... completely counter-intuitive. Would have a fairly steep learning curve. Learn fast or die.

It's true, when I tried to turn right, I pulled out and turned my head and eyes where I wanted to go, but the Beast wanted to go into the nice safe empty parking lot directly across the road... which it did.

I use the head and eyes per the Paladino lessons but obviously the Beast has never watched those...
                          It's too much for li'l old me. I'll maybe try again one day, when there're few witnesses.
                          For now I'm content to ride the bike that scalped Croc.
                          :laughout :dan
                          Official Herd Dumbass
                          (Ask anybody)

MONK
                          Crocified '07 XL1200C
                          Herd #34

Comment

That's some funny chit right there and chit like this is why I love this place.Get a chuckle and learn something all in the same time.
                            2018 Road Glide
                            Member #00014

Comment

I gave Croc shit about the doo-rag but I probably couldn't do 30 seconds either. Great story. Great that Croc let you try. Some guys don't want you to touch something like THE BEAST!
                              x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x
                              HERD member #66
                              HS I Survivor
                              HS II Survivor
                              HS III Survivor
                              HS IV,V,VI wanted to go.....

Comment

Working...
                              X