HD Security systems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD Security systems?

I am looking at the HD security siren system 2 with pager. Appreciate anyones experience and pros and cons. Is this something the dealer needs to install or can your do it your self? Thanks for the help.1a
    2009 Nightster
    2011 Heritage Softail

Official HERD Member #00184

Osco just upgraded his Sportster's system... dunno if it has the pagers or not, but it's friggin' LOUD now.

Ask him about it when he shows up later today... he did the work himself.
    Official Herd Dumbass
    (Ask anybody)

MONK
    Crocified '07 XL1200C
    Herd #34

Comment

When I bought my bike they asked if I wanted it but I figured if someone wants your bike, they will take it regardless. But....now I regret not getting it. I might have to add that to my list...right after the touring pack for the Mrs.
      2010 FLHX - Street Glide
      HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Where d'you buy bike, Boss?

I produce my own...
        Official Herd Dumbass
        (Ask anybody)

MONK
        Crocified '07 XL1200C
        Herd #34

Comment

I also posted this on the forum on the other side of the fence.

Harley part # 00734512FL Electra Glide Anti Theft Device.

HERD # 00075
          08 Stage II 103 Ultra Classic
          USMC Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
            Where d'you buy bike, Boss?

I produce my own...
            Fixed them all Monk! LOL

Originally posted by DevilDogBagger View Post

That's not cool. I just spilled my coffee all over! LOL
            2010 FLHX - Street Glide
            HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

That's not cool. I just spilled my coffee all over! LOL
              Morning Frank....
              HERD # 00075
              USMC Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by DevilDogBagger View Post

:dan:dan
                Crazy people don't know they're crazy, I know I'm crazy therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy.....

Comment

ive got the locking forks on the glide, that bike is so heavy if someone wants to pick it up and walk with.......................

got the brinks security system on the fatty..............if you look close at the high resoultion work Boss did on it, you can see this high tech anti theft unit on the down tube just behind the neck

Twenty First Herdster
                  * When Its All Said And Done, Will You Have Said More Than You Have Done?
                  ** How Old Would You Be If You Didnt Know How Old You Where?
                  99 FLSTF
                  03 FLHTCI

Comment

Jahn,

In an attempt to get your thread back on track here are some links you might want to check out.

I think that vehicle security / theft deterrence encompasses many things. Not just alarm systems. Its a balancing act of three things as I see it.

1. Common Sense: Choosing a smart location when parking your vehicle. I have seen some people that just don't get it, and think that anyplace they shut it off is a good place to park. Well lit public places preferably with line of site from where you will be if possible is best case scenario.

2. Deterrence: Sometimes just seeing a disk brake lock or a chain lock on the front wheel will make thieves move on to a softer target. Thieves don't want to spend much time trying to steal your bike. They want to do it quickly, and if they see something that will delay their attempt they most likely will pass. ( unless you violate the common sense rule and park in an area that gives them lots of time ) So a visible deterrent even though not full proof sometimes can make the difference.

3. Alarm / alert system: Most of the times this is not visible on the vehicle. But will let you and anyone within audible range to "look at me" and disable the vehicle electronics so the scumbag can't start it and ride off if you did not follow rules 1 and 2 or if he is just stupid enough to try and steal it in the open.

Bottom line, is if someone wants your bike bad enough it will get stolen. But you can do a lot to prevent that, or make it hard enough to change their mind about it.

http://www.freymoto.com/blog/?tag=review

http://www.motorcycle.com/products/s...stem-3508.html

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-alarms/

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/acc...son/index.html
                    HERD # 00075
                    USMC Veteran

Comment

right on Dave

the disc lock is prolly the smallest and easiest to carry devise out there.
                      Twenty First Herdster
                      * When Its All Said And Done, Will You Have Said More Than You Have Done?
                      ** How Old Would You Be If You Didnt Know How Old You Where?
                      99 FLSTF
                      03 FLHTCI

Comment

Originally posted by toorglide View Post
                        ive got the locking forks on the glide, that bike is so heavy if someone wants to pick it up and walk with.......................

got the brinks security system on the fatty..............if you look close at the high resoultion work Boss did on it, you can see this high tech anti theft unit on the down tube just behind the neck

I did noticed that lock there and thought that it was an odd place to store a lock. Thanks for the clarification!

And Devildog nailed that one. If they want it, nothing is going to stop them from stealing a bike. But most of the times it helps to have some extra protection. They might skip yours to go to the next one.
                        2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                        HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Originally posted by Jahn View Post
                          I am looking at the HD security siren system 2 with pager. Appreciate anyones experience and pros and cons. Is this something the dealer needs to install or can your do it your self? Thanks for the help.1a
                          I have it on my 09 Road King! I have the battery replaceable pager and not the rechargeable one. I don't live in the best neighborhood. I have already had two digital cameras stolen from my wife's car and a four wheeler in broad daylight from my backyard so I decided early on that I would purchase the Security System. I think this was the first Item I did purchase for the bike. I have two fobs that go with it. I purchased the second one in case of failure of the first. I have not seen any issues with it and like it. You just have to get use to having that fob with you. You get 20 feet away and it arms itself. You try to stand the bike up and the alarm chirps twice to warn you. It is loud too! Any other questions don't hesitate to ask.
                          Jeff
                          09 FLHRCI
                          Herd Member #00045

Comment

Originally posted by BigWorm View Post
                            :dan:dan
                            :laughout:laughout
                            OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
                            2014 FLHXS
                            U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

Thank you DevilDogBagger, I'll use all three. Thank you for the review of the system Jirvin
                              Last edited by Jahn; 09-15-2010, 01:30 PM.
                              2009 Nightster
                              2011 Heritage Softail

Official HERD Member #00184

Comment

Working...
                              X