Just venting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just venting

How come our bikes never wait until we have time to fix them to break? Take my case here. Sat I rode back into Milwaukee from our camper, and ended up losing a baffle out of one of my pipes. Not really a big deal, but in the process of replacing the baffle, I spun my rear wheel and HERD a bad noise. It's time for new rear wheel bearings. But I also need rear brake pads, new rear tire and a new belt. I was planning on doing all of this at the end of the riding season, but it looks like I will have to rush to get it done. I'm almost contiplating taking my bike to the dealership just to get it done, but I don't think I could trust anyone else working on my stuff.
    Justin, HERD member 00016
    97 Fatboy

Dang it Auto, it's like they say when it rains, it pours!! Good luck tho'...
    Miles are on a road map, close to home is here
    Very Proud member #99
    Official Herd Hugger
    Count your life by smiles, not tears:
    Count your age by friends, not years.
    Old bikers don't gray, they CHROME OUT!!

Comment

Coulda happened on a long trip away from home! Hope ya get it repaired soon!
      H1E2R8D

Comment

Sorry about that Justin. Now you won't be bored with nothing to do. Gotta think positive or you'll go nuts.
        x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x
        HERD member #66
        HS I Survivor
        HS II Survivor
        HS III Survivor
        HS IV,V,VI wanted to go.....

Comment

Originally posted by Geespot View Post
          Sorry about that Justin. Now you won't be bored with nothing to do. Gotta think positive or you'll go nuts.
          It's all just maintenance, but I just wish it would have waited till later this Fall. I'm just trying to decide if I should just do the bearings and ride the rest of the year, or park it and start on everything I want to do to it. I just hate taking something apart twice.
          97 Fatboy

Comment

Have the parts on hand,rip it apart and haver back together in a weekend,the only thing You should have to make a run for would be to gets the tire dis/mounted or jus wait on the tire until this winter.
            Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

Just Because........................erboxerboxerbox
              OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
              With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
              FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
              RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

Originally posted by Crocodile56 View Post
                Just Because........................erboxerboxerbox
                LOLLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, Yep
                Regards Sonny
                2007 FLHX Street Glide HERD #35
                Route 66 "The Mother Road" Thank You Cyrus Avery!

Comment

I learned the hard way, keep 2 sets of bearings on hand (bearings, races, seals)

If you are needing to replace the rears, replace the fronts too, but I hear ya, seems like any time one minor thing comes up, it is shadowed by many many other things
                  Ride in Peace Wndchsr

www.my.doterra.com/jbush

Comment

:good

Originally posted by Ironhead View Post
                    I learned the hard way, keep 2 sets of bearings on hand (bearings, races, seals)

If you are needing to replace the rears, replace the fronts too, but I hear ya, seems like any time one minor thing comes up, it is shadowed by many many other things
                    2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                    HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

At least you're able to ride yours, and help wear it out.........It sucks being grounded........
                      U.S. Army "Retired"
                      (Disabled Veteran)

Comment

Originally posted by gruss View Post
                        It sucks being grounded........
                        does this have anything to do with you getting taken atvantage of a few weeks ago :)
                        Twenty First Herdster
                        * When Its All Said And Done, Will You Have Said More Than You Have Done?
                        ** How Old Would You Be If You Didnt Know How Old You Where?
                        99 FLSTF
                        03 FLHTCI

Comment

Justin, you know how our weather is around here. I agree with MrMarty just have everything you need on hand and you'll probably have a rainy weekend coming up that'll give you something to do.
                          x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x
                          HERD member #66
                          HS I Survivor
                          HS II Survivor
                          HS III Survivor
                          HS IV,V,VI wanted to go.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhead View Post

I did the fronts this Spring, was waiting on the new rear tire to do the rears. With all of the issues I had removing the races on the front wheel, I know it's going to be a project on the rear. Races are very hard to remove when the are chromed into the hub. I just ordered the parts, so I'm going to see if I can get it done this weekend.
                            97 Fatboy

Comment

Working...
                            X