Well this sucks!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well this sucks!!

2 whole days with the new exhaust and I have already been pulled over for noise! Plano cop pulled me over this morning and said that the city council is considering an impound law for loud bikes! This was just cruising to work and not making any real noise! Had I been driving like I was yesterday while testing my new Map, I would understand getting pulled over, but life is gonna suck if I am too loud while just cruising along at 40!! How much quieter is the Fatcat quiet baffle than my performance baffle?
    Tommy
    HERD Member #141

"To ride, or not to ride... THAT is a stupid question!"

That just sucks! You just got them! Tell them that the city council should consider an impound law for cell phone usageon cagers! That MIGHT help them see us on the road!
    2010 FLHX - Street Glide
    HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Oh My God........you frigging law breaking P.O.S. they should lock you up and toss the key!!!

I'd find out what the noise laws where and have the bike checked, if your not to loud, which is the case most of the time, carry the paperwork (copy of) they give ya and the next time you get pulled over hand the paperwork to the cop and tell em to shove it!

The law here is at 30 mph no louder than 35db, at 50 mph 65db..........most bikes can pass the law even with drag pipes!
      OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
      With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
      FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
      RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

Here is a good link with the US States -

http://www.bikernation.net/motorcyclelaws.htm
        2010 FLHX - Street Glide
        HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Apparently Texas has no State law on motorcycle noise, they leave it up to the Cities to decide.
          Tommy
          HERD Member #141

Comment

I would do what croc suggested... Get it tested and carry the document with you.
            2010 FLHX - Street Glide
            HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

I did some checking online and as far as I can tell, we have no ordinance governing motorcycle exhaust noise, Yet. I will keep an eye on it when the city council meets and figure out where to go from there. I think this morning was just a bored cop with a chip on his shoulder or something.
              Tommy
              HERD Member #141

Comment

Originally posted by HogFan View Post
                I did some checking online and as far as I can tell, we have no ordinance governing motorcycle exhaust noise, Yet. I will keep an eye on it when the city council meets and figure out where to go from there. I think this morning was just a bored cop with a chip on his shoulder or something.
                A nd when that city council meets,have every bike ridin person of the city in that council meeting and booo them council members right outa the building.
                Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

Apparently Texas has no State law on motorcycle noise, they leave it up to the Cities to decide.
                  That is a bunch of bull right there!!

I think this morning was just a bored cop with a chip on his shoulder or something.
                  Thinkin ya hit the nail on the head there Hog!!....sry to hear and wishin ya luck!
                  "09" King & "10" Forty-Eight(wifes)
                  If u ain't ridin u ain't livin!!

Comment

They will not worry about the drunk drivers or the people on their cell phones while driving, but a little noise bothers them. WTF OVER?
                    Dale
                    Official HERD Member #00145
                    Keep The Rubber Side Down

Comment

The Officer stopped you for an ordinance that 'might' be implemented in the future? Does Texas have any laws that govern exhaust/emissions/noise/alterations that may apply to having a loud exhaust system? The reason I ask is that a proposed law doesn't grant any Officer the right to stop some one...there must be reasonable suspicion for a traffic stop and that doesn't apply to laws, even local government laws, that 'might' be passed. Weird...and I'm curious.

Side note - I read the OP but didn't find any comments related to the Officer having a 'chip on his shoulder', where did that come from? And why should the Officer focus on other traffic violations when it appears there was one present right in front of him? Am I the only one that gets tired of the negative comments about Law Enforcement...unless it is deserved? Sorry for the hi-jack HogFan....I'll go smoke myself ;).
                      - Eric [HERD Member #123]
                      US ARMY MP 1996 - 2003
                      2011 FLHX103 Street Glide (His)
                      2008 FXDB Street Bob (Hers)

Comment

As there is a "Worlds Most Amazing Man" there is also Me,"A Moving Traffic Violation Within Meself".erbox:):):)
                        Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

He might couldnt get politcal and go around tellin bikers to go hang them a councilman, hed get fired. But if he's stopin trafic and givin "warnings" about future law. Lawdogs work funny sometimes
                          THE NEGATIVE ONE no better don't click
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1422579428
                          How's my Spelin, CALL 1-800-BOSS to report my bad spelizin

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarty51 View Post
                            As there is a "Worlds Most Amazing Man" there is also Me,"A Moving Traffic Violation Within Meself".erbox:):):)
                            I hear ya....in the States that I've worked in, if an Officer can't find a reason to stop a car then they are blind. There are so many reasons to stop vehicles...and I'm not to hip on hammering traffic. I do know that if/when I get stopped for my louder exhaust I'm going to thank the Officer and pay the ticket. Now if it's from a damed Trooper I might not smile when thanking him.....(My Brother is a Trooper ;) :)
                            US ARMY MP 1996 - 2003

Comment

Originally posted by vlade View Post
                              He might couldnt get politcal and go around tellin bikers to go hang them a councilman, hed get fired. But if he's stopin trafic and givin "warnings" about future law. Lawdogs work funny sometimes
                              Roger that....when we have proposed laws the local media will put it in the paper so the community can have the opportunity to have input, the way it should be IMO. I would suggest that HogFan find out who his Alderperson is and go chat with him/her and then gather up as many Bikers as possible and attend the discussions on the proposed City laws.
                              US ARMY MP 1996 - 2003

Comment

Working...
                              X