Lil Joe's Vests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil Joe's Vests

I'm curious if any board members currently own one of these vests and if so could you post a pic being worn? I'm going to be ordering one soon and I just wanted to see what it looked like worn....and watching SoA doesn't do it for me ;).

I currently wear a HD vest and it just isn't what I want. I need to wear a vest to prevent the obvious printing of my tools of the trade. I'm leaning towards the 1" collared Joe's vest. Anyone wear one of these?

Thanks,

Eric
    - Eric [HERD Member #123]
    US ARMY MP 1996 - 2003
    2011 FLHX103 Street Glide (His)
    2008 FXDB Street Bob (Hers)

Huh??? Tools of the trade, whatcha talkin about?? Need pics or somethin to get an idea, I think you'd look good in any vest, but need somethin to go by....
    Miles are on a road map, close to home is here
    Very Proud member #99
    Official Herd Hugger
    Count your life by smiles, not tears:
    Count your age by friends, not years.
    Old bikers don't gray, they CHROME OUT!!

Comment

My tools are my off-duty weapons and accessories. Wearing just a t-shirt or a button-up shirt doesn't really prevent the 'tools' from printing (showing through the outer garment).
      US ARMY MP 1996 - 2003

Comment

Damn brotha, what kind of off-duty do you carry? I just slide mine in my front pocket (Walther PPK-S) and go. If I'm traveling I'll carry a bigger one with my gear. I've seen some guys try to carry big ass pistols that they can't even get out in a hurry. I carry mine to keep my wife and I safe, not to get into any shit. I've also been known to get in a scuffle from time to time. I don't know, I must look like a punching bag to some people. If the vest comes off so does my OD. We've (officers) have all seen or heard the stories where someone finds a pistol on the road or freeway. We would all like to think it's some kind of evidence tossed out but 99% of the time it was just one dropped by a motorcyclist. What ever you get post up some pics with the vest loaded. I'd like to see it. Stay safe!
        Whatever doesn't kill me....HAD BETTER START RUNNING!

Official HERD Member #00130

Comment

Originally posted by CLL375 View Post
          Damn brotha, what kind of off-duty do you carry? I just slide mine in my front pocket (Walther PPK-S) and go. If I'm traveling I'll carry a bigger one with my gear. I've seen some guys try to carry big ass pistols that they can't even get out in a hurry. I carry mine to keep my wife and I safe, not to get into any shit. I've also been known to get in a scuffle from time to time. I don't know, I must look like a punching bag to some people. If the vest comes off so does my OD. We've (officers) have all seen or heard the stories where someone finds a pistol on the road or freeway. We would all like to think it's some kind of evidence tossed out but 99% of the time it was just one dropped my a motorcyclist. What ever you get post up some pics with the vest loaded. I'd like to see it. Stay safe!

DAmn I used pay more attention to the side of the road when I was mo' po' on my bycicle,, find tools and stuff fell outa pick ups ..Guess I'll have to keep lookin
          THE NEGATIVE ONE no better don't click
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1422579428
          How's my Spelin, CALL 1-800-BOSS to report my bad spelizin

Comment

Probably should get you a man purse for yur artillery Check

Comment

Hhee You know I look out fer ya when I find this great packin man purse

Click image for larger version

Name:	il_fullxfull_1689.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	979534

Comment

Have you looked at the vests available from http://www.foxcreekleather.com/ They have a pocket made to hold your gear.
                HERD Member #114
                2007 FLHTCU Ultra Classic
                When all else fails, GET A BIGGER HAMMER!
                If common sense was so common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  Have you looked at the vests available from http://www.foxcreekleather.com/ They have a pocket made to hold your gear.
                  You stole my post! LOL

I just got a new one and the gear pocket is really well made! For r-h shooters though! If yur a lefty you would want to let them know!
                  Official "Herd Booze taste tester!"

Member #0006 :babe

"Lead paint chips are chewy AND sweet......" In memory of Rick.

Comment

Carry a Keltec .380. Same sized hole as a 9mm and i can carry it in a pair of shorts and it is pretty undetectable. The wallet holster leaves the same sized bump on your back pocket as a standard wallet. Don't need the fire power to bring down a herd of Elephants, or a Platoon of the Chinese Army. If 7 shots won't get them, you are pretty much screwed anyway

Oh, I'm not a LEO, just a retired fat old phone man.
                    Attached Files
                    Official Member #00149
                    2 Stinking Trikes, '09 % '11
                    Social Security and Medicare
                    Qualified! 65 and still riding
                    Official Bona fide Geezer

Comment

Check... look at the products from a company called "BlueStone".

I use one of these O-D concealment vests and I love it.

2 sewn in holsters for smallish backups (Glock 21 on my hip is well concealed and does not print), 5 magazine carriers and like 14 other secured pockets (major cargo to cell phone sized).
                      And it's comfortable... I wear mine all summer, in FL heat.
                      Well made and it fits nicely, too

Room for colors on back if you want... mine is still plain except for a one-ton patch. There'll be a HERD full back patch there when I can afford one...

An' Screwball..? It ain't the size of the hole, brother! It's the energy dropped inside the primary.
                      Last edited by Monk; 08-16-2010, 08:26 AM.
                      Official Herd Dumbass
                      (Ask anybody)

MONK
                      Crocified '07 XL1200C
                      Herd #34

Comment

Well I went ahead and ordered a Lil Joes vest and the thing is friggin' bomb proof. I ordered it last Thursday and it arrived Monday...wow. The leather work is simply perfect (yes I've measured seam to seam ;)). I'll try and get some pics up...
                        US ARMY MP 1996 - 2003

Comment

Originally posted by screwball View Post
                          Carry a Keltec .380. Same sized hole as a 9mm and i can carry it in a pair of shorts and it is pretty undetectable. The wallet holster leaves the same sized bump on your back pocket as a standard wallet. Don't need the fire power to bring down a herd of Elephants, or a Platoon of the Chinese Army. If 7 shots won't get them, you are pretty much screwed anyway

Oh, I'm not a LEO, just a retired fat old phone man.
                          Screwball, I checked it out on line and now I WANT ONE! Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4O3BxoFLM4
                          H1E2R8D

Comment

I like Mine .380
                            Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              Have 2, great workmanship and material.
                              Those who say it can't be done should get in the way of those doing it.
                              Patriot Guard Riders # 209,359
                              Official HERD Member #00139

Comment

Working...
                              X