Check Your tires,especially the rear.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check Your tires,especially the rear.

Read this in last nights Miles City Star so I did a google and found this.
    http://www.channel3000.com/news/24556322/detail.html

If the link does not work for You I will see if I can find one that will.
    Ear Tag no. 00030

Rear tire was flat leaving work last week. My bike doesn't ride all that differently on a rear flat....3rd rear tire Ive had....3rd nail or screw in it.
    It's not "derailed", as long as the last post relates to the post above it...it's just on a different rail, heading into a more interesting direction

Comment

Thats bad. I keep a check on my tires but you never know as happened here.....Real sad.
      Those who say it can't be done should get in the way of those doing it.
      Patriot Guard Riders # 209,359
      Official HERD Member #00139

Comment

I do a daily visual check, and a weekly air check....like clockwork.........
        U.S. Army "Retired"
        (Disabled Veteran)

Comment

When I got a flat rear tire I could definitely tell the difference. First thing I look at when I look at the bike.
          x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x
          HERD member #66
          HS I Survivor
          HS II Survivor
          HS III Survivor
          HS IV,V,VI wanted to go.....

Comment

Originally posted by gruss View Post
            I do a daily visual check, and a weekly air check....like clockwork.........
            I have a bad habit of not doing this. I need to get in a routine.
            Jeff
            09 FLHRCI
            Herd Member #00045

Comment

Yes, its a good thing to check your tires, FRONT AND REAR, each time you ride! The rear tire wears faster than the front!

Motive, sounds like you need to buy tire warranty..........3 tires this year?
              OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
              With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
              FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
              RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

Originally posted by jirvin View Post
                I have a bad habit of not doing this. I need to get in a routine.
                I'm Obsessed,,anal,,fanatical to where I need a shrink with my scoot.
                I come home, In the garage,check Oil, wait for the cool down and wipe It down with a wet Microfiber cloth n dry it,,then
                Parked In the garage mind you,,I lock the steering,, then set my tire guage on the seat,,battery tender as needed,,

Time to ride,,,Oil check, lights,Belt,Tire pressure,,the guage reminds me,,an then I feel up the tires, run my hand over them and do a visual.
                Yeah thats an obsession,,It's my way.
                Herd #124
                Age 10 and holding
                Official Herd Poser

Comment

yur gonna wear out yur valve stem checkin tires so much.
                  THE NEGATIVE ONE no better don't click
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1422579428
                  How's my Spelin, CALL 1-800-BOSS to report my bad spelizin

Comment

Originally posted by Osco* View Post
                    I come home, In the garage,check Oil, wait for the cool down and wipe It down with a wet Microfiber cloth n dry it,,then
                    Parked In the garage mind you,,I lock the steering,, then set my tire guage on the seat,,battery tender as needed,,

Time to ride,,,Oil check, lights,Belt,Tire pressure,,the guage reminds me,,an then I feel up the tires, run my hand over them and do a visual.
                    Osco, pardon my ignorance, but where do I get a microfiber cloth?
                    H1E2R8D

Comment

Originally posted by Rainrider View Post
                      Dirt cheap at any auto store RR....
                      Chris (Steveston)
                      Herd # 93
                      Retired Navy Vet

Comment

Originally posted by Osco* View Post

sounds more like love not obsessed!
                        "your not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on!"
                        Dean Martin

herd member #00023
                        AKA STREETNOYZ

Comment

Originally posted by Rainrider View Post
                          I got a pack of 3 or 4 at Wally World. Pretty cheap
                          The hardest part about a Zombie Apocalypse, will be pretending I'm not excited!

Comment

i try to remember to check them once a week or so ..better safe than sorry
                            09 Softail Springer FLSTFBT "AKA" Heritage Fatbones Touring
                            www.youtube.com/user/bcvtwin?feature=mhee

herd #148

Comment

I noticed my front tire wasn't round yesterday. I took it in to the dealership, they said it's cool but I don't know, I think it needs to go. It looks like a busted belt. He said that tire, a newer style, is coming back universally out of round like that.
                              Herd #116

If I were clever, I'd write something clever here.

Comment

Working...
                              X